Horror Movies Thread | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
sounds really horrible, horrible situation.
and Charlize Theron as Pamela voorhees? wtf..... no ......... not that she's not great, but no that would not fit well, no that wouldn't fit well.

I cannot see how this show is still going to happen with that many internal problems. even if they get new show runners, there are critical problems that new writers and a new director can't fix.
it's probably over

Honestly the entire idea was toasted from the start lol

An entire season per movie? A 90 minute slasher movie is going to be stretched out to 8 episodes?
The idea was to make a show inspired by the movies then adapting each movie as one season like that dumb Harry Potter show is doing. Think Hannibal or Bates Motel.

Allegedly, one of the episodes would've been an hour-long chase scene, and another episode would've been set in the snow. It sounds like it could've been very cool if it wasn't so deeply mismanaged.

Honestly the entire idea was toasted from the start lol

An entire season per movie? A 90 minute slasher movie is going to be stretched out to 8 episodes?

The idea was to make a show inspired by the movies then adapting each movie as one season like that dumb Harry Potter show is doing. Think Hannibal or Bates Motel.

Allegedly, one of the episodes would've been an hour-long chase scene, and another episode would've been set in the snow. It sounds like it could've been very cool if it wasn't so deeply mismanaged.
one season per movie wouldn't be a problem if you introduced the town. the local police,
the one thing that these movies were missing was the town and the residents,
for season 2 introduce a cover up plot, the major knows about Jason but doesn't wanna scare away tourists or something. do it like JAWS.
or just make it like the Jason remake where the towns people know Jason is out there but they just stay out of his way. people in the town knew or suspected that Jason is in the woods but just don't bother with it
there's a bunch of stuff you can do. who owns the camp? , why didn't the police investigate more? why was this area reopened? who did Pamela try to go for help? have an episode for a search of kid Jason. bring up Jason's father,

Yes I read the whole thing!

The "Red Wedding" episode lol. The hour-long chase scene was actually going to be in the snow, and take place on a frozen Crystal Lake.

Real talk, I don't know why they don't just make an episodic slasher show that's just one or two awesome kills an episode. Monster-of-the-week, but with kills. AFAIK Freddy's Nightmare was sort of like that, but not really. Could've been a cool adult swim thing.
If you haven’t watched yet, you should give “Slasher” a shot. It’s essentially a slasher-whodunnit anthology with each season having a different setting and each episode usually only had one kill. I watched the first 3 seasons on netflix but haven’t watched the 2 that are on shudder after they picked up. Pretty enjoyable.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
The biggest WTF from that article has to be the idea that a episodic adaptation of Friday the 13th would need a $10M PER EPISODE. Sheer insanity.

It really reads like A24 just having very little clue how to handle the property as a television show, which is really baffling given their track record?

The character can not catch a break. Almost feels like it's best to just let Jason lay in the grave or else something worse than him coming back is going to happen to whoever actually makes something with the IP.

The biggest WTF from that article has to be the idea that a episodic adaptation of Friday the 13th would need a $10M PER EPISODE. Sheer insanity.

It really reads like A24 just having very little clue how to handle the property as a television show, which is really baffling given their track record?

The character can not catch a break. Almost feels like it's best to just let Jason lay in the grave or else something worse than him coming back is going to happen to whoever actually makes something with the IP.
and that 10M without paying writers, i honestly do not understand how they messed up so badly, some of these problems are baffling,
i know that it might be better to let jason die, but i want him back... its not fair, Ghostface came back, candyman returned, even leatherface is back, pinhead returned... chucky came back...
freddy and jason ironically both dead... wtf...

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I understand why they're doing a TV show, because allegedly, the TV rights and movie rights are completely different. The TV rights allow them to do basically anything with the property that they want to. But.. idk why they'd approach it like this.

If I were doing an F13 TV series.. I'd just make it a semi-anthology. Each episode is basically its own hour long mini-movie. If they want to make somewhat of an arc where the whole season takes place over the case of the same summer/year, sure.

It does NOT need to be this complicated lol

I understand why they're doing a TV show, because allegedly, the TV rights and movie rights are completely different. The TV rights allow them to do basically anything with the property that they want to. But.. idk why they'd approach it like this.

If I were doing an F13 TV series.. I'd just make it a semi-anthology. Each episode is basically its own hour long mini-movie. If they want to make somewhat of an arc where the whole season takes place over the case of the same summer/year, sure.

It does NOT need to be this complicated lol
because they wanted more seasons, they said that season 10 would be Jason x ( as a joke) but they were planning at least 8 seasons. yet they couldn't get ONE season out :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95