Horror Movies Thread | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly... just let the Resident Evil cinematic dream die.

It'll just never be the games and that's fine! They'll always be there to be re-played.

Honestly... just let the Resident Evil cinematic dream die.

It'll just never be the games and that's fine! They'll always be there to be re-played.
if it's not a TV show I agree. movies aren't long enough. netflix completely destroyed their RE show, but a show is still the only way to go about it.

Honestly I think it could work. Especially with a director like Creggar. There's potential here!
depends on the script but a movie is too short to cover everything, is he gonna go back to the mansion? is it gonna have the research facility? giant animals?
I cannot see any movie fully adapting the first game. there's too many crazy things on it

depends on the script but a movie is too short to cover everything, is he gonna go back to the mansion? is it gonna have the research facility? giant animals?
I cannot see any movie fully adapting the first game. there's too many crazy things on it
Maybe it could be based on 7? I just don't see them tackling the original games right now after they tried that a few years ago. A movie based on 7 would be really cool

Reactions: Lucky Planet
A movie based on Biohazard just sounds like a very generic horror film. Spooky cabin in the woods, cool creatures but nothing super creative, an aping of the TCM family, just mostly things we've seen before.

The greatness of RE7 comes from how firmly implanted into the world you are by playing Ethan in a first person perspective. Take that away and put it all into a third person frame and you lose a lot of the magic.

It should be beyond easy to make a RE film. Spooky mansion. Special forces team. Zombies. Monsters. Third act science lab twist. Easy. But they keep mucking it up in just the worst ways imaginable. I didn't hate Welcome to Racoon City but it's attempt to cram multiple games together muddles it so much. At least it felt somewhat faithful in tone and style.

In it's own weird way, I'm kind of alright with having the adaptations we have and enjoying them for their own dumb quirks and unique takes. I'm fine if we don't ever get more straight 1 to 1 versions.