Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dueling Dragons was fun as a house; Poseidon's Fury may be cool, but my dream defunct attraction turned into a house is Disaster! Have a house focusing on Mutha Nature, or it could be a mashup of Disaster studio films. While not horror just like Dueling Dragons, Disaster! could be turned into something horror, in my opinion.
As over the top and campy as it is, I have had a concept kicking around for a laboratory setting where a secret government weather controlling device has started malfunctioning and you are trying to escape. You have to go through the various themed environments meant to show off the capabilities of the machine while the elements and lab victims surround you. People being roasted alive, frozen, tornado levels of wind and objects being thrown through walls, hail, electrical storms, you get the picture.

As over the top and campy as it is, I have had a concept kicking around for a laboratory setting where a secret government weather controlling device has started malfunctioning and you are trying to escape. You have to go through the various themed environments meant to show off the capabilities of the machine while the elements and lab victims surround you. People being roasted alive, frozen, tornado levels of wind and objects being thrown through walls, hail, electrical storms, you get the picture.

Sadly all it would take is a hurricane hitting and it would be deemed insensitive. To me it's one of the very biggest obstacles they face from a creative standpoint when designing the event, and a major reason why it's best to keep the house count at 10.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
So I'm watching some Singapore videos from 2022 and man, if they can pull off Killustrator, that vibe is EXACTLY what False Idols: Part 2 could be. So good! :love::love:

After attending the event for 5.5 (the .5 is lite) years now, I've compiled my ultimate house wish list. I am young and still very new to horror so there's many films, both classic and modern, that I have still not seen and am continuing to introduce myself to. In the meantime, here's my top picks.

IPs:

- Insidious -
I know the event has had Insidious representation in the past, specifically with the standalone house at 25 and HoB installments, but I think it would be a great idea to create a mega-house featuring all the films in the franchise up to The Red Door. While I am not the hugest fan of the third and fourth movies, I definitely think they have enough material to provide especially for a prospective mega house.

- Carrie -
I'm surprised Carrie has not gotten it's own house yet. It makes sense in recent years why it hasn't, but back when she was represented in variety houses or zones I'm surprised she was not given her own house. I know the religious material and heavy themes can be a little difficult to work around, but Exorcist: Believer did a nice job of using the creepiness of religious undertones while not being too outlandish about it, and I think they could do this house with a bit of outside-the-box thinking.

- Labyrinth -
This is one I said years ago, and I stand by it. While it's an unconventional choice, I feel Universal would do an excellent job recreating scenes and pulling scares from the appropriate imagery in the film. This one could be a lighter IP house similar to Ghostbusters or Beetlejuice.

- Fear Street -
I feel this trilogy would just be perfect for a house. The first two have the retro-slasher charm that many people love and the third has the Salem Witch-esque vibes which I just feel would make for a great IP house. The problem for me with slasher IP houses (don't kill me) is that they get so repetitive in that they either stay in the same location the whole time or it's the same bad guy following you to different locations. With Fear Street, not only is there a variety of characters, but the difference of location in each installment would make for a very flavorful house.

- Five Nights at Freddy's -
While I did enjoy the Blumhouse film, I think if they were to bring FNaF to the event I would rather it be a variety house featuring several of the games, which I feel are scarier and lend more material. You could start out with the OG game, winding through FNaF 2 and 3, and maybe rounding it out with Sister Location. I'd also want a sequel house to this, which leads me to...

- Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach -
Again, not the scariest option, but I do geniunely think if this came to HHN it would be one of the most visually impressive houses of all time. The sets they would have to replicate would be extraordinary and the animatronics, specifically the destroyed ones, would be awesome to see in person.

- The Last of Us: Part 2 -
Simply said, I want to see TLOU back at the event. In my opinion, there are two types of IP houses that HHN does. I call them either world-exploration or story-based. TLOU at 32 was definitely more of a world-exploration house which was incredible but I feel the second game could lend a lot to a story-based house where you actually travel across multiple locations. Plus, more variety in non-infected characters.

- Scream -
An obvious and basic choice, but simply said, I'd love to see any movie in the franchise get a house adaptation. Although the first movie would be the best option, I will take anything.

- M3GAN -
This is another unconventional choice especially with this film already being represented at the event, but as a fan of all things M3GAN I would love to see the film get an actual house, even if mixed with another film in a HoB installment. Some scenes are just screaming to be put into a house.

- Midnight Mass -
I'm a huge Mike Flanagan fan and The Haunting of Hill House is in my top 3 houses of all time so I am desperate for another work of his coming to life at HHN, and I think Midnight Mass is the perfect option. There's a perfect structure that can go from subtle scares to all out chaos at the end. The only downside to this one, as mentioned in Carrie, is the themes of religion.

- Sweeney Todd -
I do not care that it is a musical, this would be a perfect house. I feel Universal could take the musical aspect and use it as a new sort of challenge and really make it something interesting. The overall aesthetic and the chilling story are enough for me to want this at HHN badly. I'm surprised theme parks don't capitalize more on musical theater-based experiences just based on how many theme park fans especially in my generation are also theater kids.

- Rocky Horror Picture Show -
On the subject of musicals, what a great one to bring. It's campy, it's showy, it's flashy, and it would draw a huge amount of people just due to the cult following.

- Taylor Swift: Reputation -
Please don't kill me for this one. I am well aware it's quite possibly the most absurd thing on my list but featuring The Weeknd, a mainstream pop star, in a house really got me thinking on more music artist/album related house options. I feel the Reputation album and the imagery associated with it could really make for a cool house if the right creative liberties were allowed. We've already seen snake puppet scares being used, and forgive me but hearing Ready For It in a haunted house would reset my brain.

Originals:

- Theater Original -
Yeah I know, I'm a theater person. But in all seriousness, Puppet Theatre really made me see the potential in a live theater related original house and I think it would be awesome for them to expand more on that. Plus, awesome set design opportunity and interesting story ideas.

- Poseidon's Fury -
Another basic wishlist choice but after Dueling Dragons this would be an awesome house that could use some cool water effects, state of the art set design, and impressive costumes. I'm sold on the idea.

- Slaughter Sinema Sequel -
I feel I could never get sick of the Slaughter Sinema concept because as I've mentioned, I am a big variety house person and the creativity and diversity in the scenes plus the old drive in vibes at the beginning are always awesome.

- Scary Tales Sequel -
I think it's due time we get another Scary Tales installment. I may be partially biased though because I did not really get to enjoy the last one due to being deathly afraid of haunts in 2018.

- Terra Cruentes Original -
I've always loved the Terra Queen's story and the setting of Terra Cruentes and I think a house would be absolutely stunning in its production design. Traversing this kingdom that HHN has created and exploring the lore a little deeper would be neat.

- Oddfellow History House -
This would need to happen relatively far in the future, but I would love to see a house that is just Oddfellow harvesting souls and the Zodiac for immortality in a house. This is another one that could provide so much variety in location and creature design (traveling from the jungle, to shipyard, to the music festival and so on).

- Mermaid/Siren Original -
I would love to see a house that takes place entirely underwater in a sunken ruins/Atlantis style location with mermaids ruling it. Throw in a shark puppet and maybe even a grand finale with a kraken and it ups the interest even more.

- New Orleans Original -
Simply put, an original house taking places on the streets and alleys of New Orleans with maybe a dip into the Louisiana Bayou would be absolutely beautiful. What's the theme? Not sure. Could be a Mardi Gras festival gone wrong, something to do with voodoo, or whatever would work in the context of the location.

Please don't kill me for this one. I am well aware it's quite possibly the most absurd thing on my list but featuring The Weeknd, a mainstream pop star, in a house really got me thinking on more music artist/album related house options. I feel the Reputation album and the imagery associated with it could really make for a cool house if the right creative liberties were allowed. We've already seen snake puppet scares being used, and forgive me but hearing Ready For It in a haunted house would reset my brain.
As someone who has listened to a lot of TS, I like the creativity in this thinking I guess, but can't get behind this. Reputation, despite all of her promotion with the snake imagery and such, it's possibly her most romantic and sexiest album to date. Outside of Look What You Made Me Do, Ready For it, and Don't Blame Me, there's nothing to work with.

Even if you could create a house with those three songs, the idea that Swift (who is notedly extremely protective of her image) would let some random theme park worker play her in a haunted house is not something I could ever see happening.

As someone who has listened to a lot of TS, I am not sure I like the creativity in this thinking I guess, but can't get behind this. Reputation, despite all of her promotion with the snake imagery and such, it's possibly her most romantic and sexiest album to date. Outside of Look What You Made Me Do, Ready For it, and Don't Blame Me, there's nothing to work with.

Even if you could create a house with those three songs, the idea that Swift (who is notedly extremely protective of her image) would let some random theme park worker play her in a haunted house is not something I could ever see happening.
I absolutely agree, there's no question that realistically a Taylor Swift house would never happen. Even if you tried to pull from multiple albums or she released an album with a horror aesthetic, it would not happen. Just some fun thinking I suppose.

Reactions: Allison and Nick
I absolutely agree, there's no question that realistically a Taylor Swift house would never happen. Even if you tried to pull from multiple albums or she released an album with a horror aesthetic, it would not happen. Just some fun thinking I suppose.
Yeah, it's your personal wishlist, it ultimately doesn't matter about any other factors, just what you'd like to see.

After attending the event for 5.5 (the .5 is lite) years now, I've compiled my ultimate house wish list. I am young and still very new to horror so there's many films, both classic and modern, that I have still not seen and am continuing to introduce myself to. In the meantime, here's my top picks.

IPs:

- Insidious -
I know the event has had Insidious representation in the past, specifically with the standalone house at 25 and HoB installments, but I think it would be a great idea to create a mega-house featuring all the films in the franchise up to The Red Door. While I am not the hugest fan of the third and fourth movies, I definitely think they have enough material to provide especially for a prospective mega house.

- Carrie -
I'm surprised Carrie has not gotten it's own house yet. It makes sense in recent years why it hasn't, but back when she was represented in variety houses or zones I'm surprised she was not given her own house. I know the religious material and heavy themes can be a little difficult to work around, but Exorcist: Believer did a nice job of using the creepiness of religious undertones while not being too outlandish about it, and I think they could do this house with a bit of outside-the-box thinking.

- Labyrinth -
This is one I said years ago, and I stand by it. While it's an unconventional choice, I feel Universal would do an excellent job recreating scenes and pulling scares from the appropriate imagery in the film. This one could be a lighter IP house similar to Ghostbusters or Beetlejuice.

- Fear Street -
I feel this trilogy would just be perfect for a house. The first two have the retro-slasher charm that many people love and the third has the Salem Witch-esque vibes which I just feel would make for a great IP house. The problem for me with slasher IP houses (don't kill me) is that they get so repetitive in that they either stay in the same location the whole time or it's the same bad guy following you to different locations. With Fear Street, not only is there a variety of characters, but the difference of location in each installment would make for a very flavorful house.

While I did enjoy the Blumhouse film, I think if they were to bring FNaF to the event I would rather it be a variety house featuring several of the games, which I feel are scarier and lend more material. You could start out with the OG game, winding through FNaF 2 and 3, and maybe rounding it out with Sister Location. I'd also want a sequel house to this, which leads me to...

Again, not the scariest option, but I do geniunely think if this came to HHN it would be one of the most visually impressive houses of all time. The sets they would have to replicate would be extraordinary and the animatronics, specifically the destroyed ones, would be awesome to see in person.

Simply said, I want to see TLOU back at the event. In my opinion, there are two types of IP houses that HHN does. I call them either world-exploration or story-based. TLOU at 32 was definitely more of a world-exploration house which was incredible but I feel the second game could lend a lot to a story-based house where you actually travel across multiple locations. Plus, more variety in non-infected characters.

- Scream -
An obvious and basic choice, but simply said, I'd love to see any movie in the franchise get a house adaptation. Although the first movie would be the best option, I will take anything.

- M3GAN -
This is another unconventional choice especially with this film already being represented at the event, but as a fan of all things M3GAN I would love to see the film get an actual house, even if mixed with another film in a HoB installment. Some scenes are just screaming to be put into a house.

- Midnight Mass -
I'm a huge Mike Flanagan fan and The Haunting of Hill House is in my top 3 houses of all time so I am desperate for another work of his coming to life at HHN, and I think Midnight Mass is the perfect option. There's a perfect structure that can go from subtle scares to all out chaos at the end. The only downside to this one, as mentioned in Carrie, is the themes of religion.

- Sweeney Todd -
I do not care that it is a musical, this would be a perfect house. I feel Universal could take the musical aspect and use it as a new sort of challenge and really make it something interesting. The overall aesthetic and the chilling story are enough for me to want this at HHN badly. I'm surprised theme parks don't capitalize more on musical theater-based experiences just based on how many theme park fans especially in my generation are also theater kids.

On the subject of musicals, what a great one to bring. It's campy, it's showy, it's flashy, and it would draw a huge amount of people just due to the cult following.

Originals:

- Theater Original -
Yeah I know, I'm a theater person. But in all seriousness, Puppet Theatre really made me see the potential in a live theater related original house and I think it would be awesome for them to expand more on that. Plus, awesome set design opportunity and interesting story ideas.

- Poseidon's Fury -
Another basic wishlist choice but after Dueling Dragons this would be an awesome house that could use some cool water effects, state of the art set design, and impressive costumes. I'm sold on the idea.

I feel I could never get sick of the Slaughter Sinema concept because as I've mentioned, I am a big variety house person and the creativity and diversity in the scenes plus the old drive in vibes at the beginning are always awesome.

- Scary Tales Sequel -
I think it's due time we get another Scary Tales installment. I may be partially biased though because I did not really get to enjoy the last one due to being deathly afraid of haunts in 2018.

I've always loved the Terra Queen's story and the setting of Terra Cruentes and I think a house would be absolutely stunning in its production design. Traversing this kingdom that HHN has created and exploring the lore a little deeper would be neat.

This would need to happen relatively far in the future, but I would love to see a house that is just Oddfellow harvesting souls and the Zodiac for immortality in a house. This is another one that could provide so much variety in location and creature design (traveling from the jungle, to shipyard, to the music festival and so on).

I would love to see a house that takes place entirely underwater in a sunken ruins/Atlantis style location with mermaids ruling it. Throw in a shark puppet and maybe even a grand finale with a kraken and it ups the interest even more.

- New Orleans Original -
Simply put, an original house taking places on the streets and alleys of New Orleans with maybe a dip into the Louisiana Bayou would be absolutely beautiful. What's the theme? Not sure. Could be a Mardi Gras festival gone wrong, something to do with voodoo, or whatever would work in the context of the location.
I LOVED Puppet Theater and would loooooove a Sweeney house. Thinking of how gross the scent would be. Working our way through Fleet Street, then going into the shop, then ending in the bakehouse. Love it.

Reactions: SirAustin77

IPs:

- Insidious -

- Carrie -

- Labyrinth -

- Fear Street -

- Scream -

- M3GAN -

- Midnight Mass -

- Sweeney Todd -

Originals:

- Theater Original -

- Poseidon's Fury -

- Scary Tales Sequel -

- New Orleans Original -

You should check out my haunted house concepts on this thread. Three of them you’ve mentioned are something you want to happen for the event.

1. I’m already obnoxious enough, this would make me even more unbearable around these parts so fair warning to all reading.

2. Realistically, I think the closest we would get to anything Taylor at HHN would be her music in Nightmare Fuel or if a future dance troupe is able to use her song(s) in their set. The Don’t Blame Me/LWYMMD transition from the Eras Tour would be a perfect fit in a show, imo.

Reactions: kristenabelle
Realistically, we've already had Taylor at HHN. Thanks B&T 2013! She had her villainous spotlight!

I don’t know what her purpose in that year’s show was as I wasn’t attending HHN yet, but, when I did see B&T and she was mentioned in the show it was done in a disgusting, derogatory and completely disrespectful light.

So if we’re going to have her presence in a respectful light at HHN, realistically, I still maintain it would be through her songs only.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Its a parody show, its not supposed to be respectful. Anyone & everyone is fair game. But her role was the main villain because the 2013 plot was a spoof on Evil Dead. Jillian did an amazing job playing her & reprised the role for a cameo appearance.

• Haha
Reactions: Allison
Its a parody show, its not supposed to be respectful. Anyone & everyone is fair game. But her role was the main villain because the 2013 plot was a spoof on Evil Dead. Jillian did an amazing job playing her & reprised the role for a cameo appearance.

But there is a difference in using someone’s art vs. making jokes at their expense. Parody or not, some “jokes” aren’t funny and I wouldn’t count the way that they treated Taylor in the past as an inclusive way to represent her as an artist in the event.