Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So since this is the wishlist page I think it’s safe to post this here but if not feel free to delete it

since HHN is canceled this year and is their big money maker I’m sure they will want to bring in any revenue possible so what if they opened up the beetlejuice house for day time guests without scare actors. For the most part it would be family friendly and good Halloween fun and at the very least it would make pass holders come through the gates to see it. Could possibly me a meet and greet area for BJ. Put him behind plexiglass or something.

Last edited:
So since this is the wishlist page I think it’s safe to post this here but if not feel free to delete it

since HHN is canceled this year and is their big money maker I’m sure they will want to bring in any revenue possible so what if they opened up the beetlejuice house for day time guests without scare actors. For the most part it would be family friendly and good Halloween fun and at the very least it would make pass holders come through the gates to see it
I doubt that the house is in a condition to do that. Besides, I bet they use the house next year.

I doubt that the house is in a condition to do that. Besides, I bet they use the house next year.
The house was complete by the time they canceled. The only houses that weren’t done were Eillish and a couple of the soundstage houses. The tents and parades were (are?) guest-ready.

The challenge with opening any of the houses (safety aside) is a question of finances. Is it worth it, based on daytime crowds at limited capacity, to staff and operate a house? That also has to take into account repair costs after the “run” if they’re planning on reusing the house next year. Throw in the fact that the rights usage of the IPs would be explicitly for HHN and not daytime operation... there’s a lot a math.

Nevermind that, from what I’ve heard about Beetlejuice, the house isn’t “family friendly.” They amped it up, supposedly, including characters from the cartoon in order to actually make it scary rather than a Ghostbusters-esque book report.

The house was complete by the time they canceled. The only houses that weren’t done were Eillish and a couple of the soundstage houses. The tents and parades were (are?) guest-ready.

The challenge with opening any of the houses (safety aside) is a question of finances. Is it worth it, based on daytime crowds at limited capacity, to staff and operate a house? That also has to take into account repair costs after the “run” if they’re planning on reusing the house next year. Throw in the fact that the rights usage of the IPs would be explicitly for HHN and not daytime operation... there’s a lot a math.

Nevermind that, from what I’ve heard about Beetlejuice, the house isn’t “family friendly.” They amped it up, supposedly, including characters from the cartoon in order to actually make it scary rather than a Ghostbusters-esque book report.
Huh, good to know. There's always the fact that they're not gonna give you anything for free that they can sell at full price on 2021 --

Thinking about the mannequin theatre house we'll hopefully get to experience next year, I feel like a house that takes place in an old nuclear testing site being hunted by the remains of the mannequins used there would be cool--they would be all rusted, which would heighten the scary factor.

Kind of in this vein and tied into a popular video game IP, but a Fallout house would be pretty sweet. There's a lot that you could pull from there:

I'm imagining this as a sprung-tent house. Here's the few scenes I'm imagining:
  • Facade is post-apocalyptic drive in complete with retro-futurist cars (similar to Starlight Drive in from FO4 but tweaked to fit the space) with Vault Boy safety messages played on the projector. These tell you what vaults are, what happened, and some of the horrors of the outside world. Retrofuturist nuclear cars are parked around, and you hear ghouls snarling periodically from them.
    [*]You enter the vault through a rough-hewn tunnel, it's obvious that something has tunneled in, this isn't the original entrance. Skeletons dressed in various 1950s clothes and some fresh bodies in blood-stained vault jumpsuits are scattered amongst radroaches. You hear the crooning sound of The Ink Spots or Marty Robbins from somewhere ahead mixed with the sound of gunfire and screams. Dust and gunsmoke chokes the air.
    [*]The tunnel opens into a vault living quarters, torn apart. Furniture is in splinters and there's blood and bits of gore everywhere. Something large has entered through here. There's blood and patches of fur and bullet holes + laser/plasma marks on the stainless steel walls. You see the stereo that we've been hearing, it's skipping wildly between tracks and emitting sparks.
    • A mauled woman in a vault suit lunges from behind a piece of furniture, trying to warn you, or perhaps she thinks you're one of them. Dead radroaches are scattered around her, some still twitching and oozing viscera. A sprayer will occasionally hit guests from here.
    [*]You exit the living quarters through the door that's been wrenched open. You enter a dim hallway full of mostly closed doors. Some are dented inwards, others are opening and closing seemingly randomly due to damage. Fluorescent lights flicker on and off all down the corridor. Sounds of struggle and cries for help can be heard from rooms, others are silent. Feral ghouls, apparently attracted to the vault by the sound of whatever went through ahead, have entered the rooms and are attacking anything that they see. They lunge out of the malfunctioning doors at guests as you pass by.
    • Various ghoul designs work here; you can have one room lit with a blacklight for a Glowing One effect.
    [*]As you near the end of the corridor we hear the sound of rending metal and a loud roar. You enter the next room, a two story circular utility room of some type. A catwalk circles the room overhead, loaded with equipment. There is a wall of frosted safety glass on at the end. You can see something large and hulking pass by the windows and the ground seems to shake a bit as it growls. As it rises up on its hind legs you can see that it's a deathclaw. It roars in frustration at you as you turn to escape, at which point you notice the corpses overhead on the catwalk over the exit dripping blood.
    [*]Skipping a few rooms because I've spent too much time on this already
    [*]You hear the beast moving behind you as you reach the vault door in front of you. A blinding tunnel effect mimics natural daylight blinding you. As you step towards the exit, the Deathclaw roars and towers over you, opening its arms to swipe its enormous claws at you. You barely escape, your last few steps propelling you out of the vault and to whatever safety the wasteland provides.
You could tweak this a lot, there's so much to pull from. The Brotherhood of Steel would be interesting, as would the myriad of robots that are there. A semi-functional Mr. Gutsy would be a neat touch.

Twin Peaks. I want a Twin Peaks house so badly. I want to walk through the Red Room/Black Lodge and be surrounded by evil doppelgängers of Agent Cooper and Laura Palmer and be accosted by Bob.

For fun, I started working on a treatment for a TP house, but it quickly evolved into an overlay for Orlando’s ToT. Idk if we have a thread for blue skying attractions, but I’ll post it if so.

Last edited:
Twin Peaks. I want a Twin Peaks house so badly. I want to walk through the Red Room/Black Lodge and be surrounded by evil doppelgängers of Agent Coper and Laura Palmer and be accosted by Bob.

For fun, I started working on a treatment for a TP house, but it quickly evolved into an overlay for Orlando’s ToT. Idk if we have a thread for blue skying attractions, but I’ll post it if so.

Probably would fit here well enough!

I know books that haven’t been converted to a visual medium aren’t typically adapted into a haunt, but I just finished “Tender is the Flesh” by Agustina Bazterrica and it messed me up. It could be a chilling haunted house.

Reactions: Jeepers Reaper
I've been beating this drum for years. Hopefully with a TV series coming to Amazon we might get it!

After watching the first episode of LOVECRAFT COUNTRY, I would love a house based on it.
i second this motion. you can make an entire house based solely on atticus’s opening dream sequence. this isn’t even taking into account the shoggoths and the other monsters we’ll be seeing this season

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
i second this motion. you can make an entire house based solely on atticus’s opening dream sequence. this isn’t even taking into account the shoggoths and the other monsters we’ll be seeing this season
I think even if we don’t get a official love craft country house it will atleast draw popularity so we could see a lovecraftian themed original possibly in the future! The dream sequence as a house would be truly amazing like a nightingales meets invasion

After watching All Hallows Eve and Terrifier (and hopefully Terrifier 2 later this year), I submit that an Art The Clown house would be an excellent single-slasher house in the mode of Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc. Plus, it would be an IP that probably wouldn't cost nearly as much to secure as a tent-pole IP, so it could fit within Uni's smaller budget over the next couple years. I think the set pieces and actual kill scenes would lend themselves to a pretty epic house.

art the clown.gif

Reactions: Andromeda
Sorry to be vague, but I guess I just want to see them do new ideas over the next decade. One house a year that does something to subvert the formula.

Sorry to be vague, but I guess I just want to see them do new ideas over the next decade. One house a year that does something to subvert the formula.
You're gonna be waiting long for a train that isn't coming. They're gonna do what makes money, first, middle and last. Look to the smaller haunts for innovation.

A couple scattered thoughts about my wishlist:

I still want to see Hill House. Actually it might even be fresher in peoples' memory next year since I believe there's a new season coming out within the next year.

AHS 1984 would have been fun to see this year, but not sure how relevant that would be next year. Still, I think the characters are recognizable enough for a house (Mr. Jingles, the Nightstalker/Ramirez, Montana...)

Also hoping for more Rob Zombie, in any form, house or scarezone...I found that, especially with some of the "lighter" atmosphere at the front of the park last year, like anarchade, ghostbusters, the Rob Zombie zone and house added back that grittiness to the event.

Also, anything 90s. I can definitely get behind a Vamp '95 zone with soundgarden and alice in chains blaring lol

I also didn't get a chance to experience scarecrow, so anything remotely similar is on my wishlist.

I also want to see something completely out of left field for the Central Park zone. The past few years, that zone always had a similar feel...mythical creatures, blending into the background...I mean, twisted traditions and evil's roots felt the same, banshee and vikings lowkey felt similar too...maybe no more mythical creatures for one year, maybe like a blair witch/camping atmosphere? I know it's hard because of the spacing, but I think they need to try something "fresher" in that zone.

Last edited:
You're gonna be waiting long for a train that isn't coming. They're gonna do what makes money, first, middle and last. Look to the smaller haunts for innovation.

Dude, I’m talking one original per year that features some new gimmick (or takes another stab at one cough open floor) or novelty theme. Not an overarching storyline for the whole event or even an all-original event. Of course they’ll continue to do at least a few IPs a year, a couple of those being repeated properties that are guaranteed $ printers. That said they’re going to have to have a few houses for the fans ESPECIALLY over the next few years to cater to locals post-rona.

This “theatre” house could very well be what I’m looking for. A good example of the last four years was Seeds. Heck, maybe Billie can provide that to an extent.

Last edited: