House of Horrors Replacement | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More Studio Store.  I guess there can never be enough cuz seems like they're everywhere now.

HollywoodDine_021516_1.jpg

Adding a nice patina.

HollywoodDine_021516_2.jpg

Still quite a bit of work going on along the House of Horrors replacement building.  I see lots of paths to/from doors but can't tell if they're just nice looking escape exits or will have another purpose.  Also, part of the area is still exposed to the lower level.  I'm assuming deliveries happen there but it's curious that it's open to visitor view.  Could something more interesting be happening there?

HollywoodDine_021516_3.jpg

Well, put it this way, gang; two mysteries down. Now we just need to confirm the "mystery attraction" is if there is one.

Now that the walls are down I think its safe to say it all ended up looking great although I'm still waiting for the color palette they chose for the Starbucks and Studio store to grow on me a bit 

Reactions: chris.g
^I actually love the new paint scheme for the Starbucks! I'm a bit iffy about the blue Studio Store one, and the baby blue side facade. Hopeully they grow on me.

Palm trees on both sides of the walkway give it a Hollywood feel, I suppose.  I don't see this variety of palm giving much shade, though.  Overall the area is looking very nice to me.  Once the walls are gone and streetlamps are added with hanging flower baskets I think it'll look very good. 

The old studio store is closed and all windows are covered.  The new studio store is getting retail fixtures installed and merchandise set out.  Won't take long at all even though it's a big store.

HollywoodDine_022016_1.jpg

HollywoodDine_022016_2.jpg

Still not used to this view of Hogwarts since those trees behind Cartooniversal were removed.

HollywoodDine_022016_8.jpg

Very Hollywood themed.

HollywoodDine_022016_7.jpg

Several window dressings have been installed on the British side.  The Starbucks is very large spanning three or four storefronts and houses lots of seating.  I was impressed to see power outlets at almost every seat like a nonpark Starbucks.  Clearly Universal is aware park guests will be expecting this amenity.  But will they all make a purchase to use it?

HollywoodDine_022016_3.jpg
HollywoodDine_022016_4.jpg
HollywoodDine_022016_5.jpg
HollywoodDine_022016_6.jpg

Several window dressings have been installed on the British side. The Starbucks is very large spanning three or four storefronts and houses lots of seating. I was impressed to see power outlets at almost every seat like a nonpark Starbucks. Clearly Universal is aware park guests will be expecting this amenity. But will they all make a purchase to use it?
Ok, that's pretty awesome. Every park needs to start providing specific areas where you can charge your phone for free. Lookin at you, DLR...

If only Disney California Adventure's Hollywood Boulevard could look more like this.  These facades look just as wonderful as the Hogsmeade ones, but are they animated?  USH has seriously gone a huge revolution in theming :)  

Reactions: JaySalahi
The "Universal Boulevard" looks much better than I expected!

25044749932_8ea51c23c9_z.jpg
25044801782_eb80c09856_z.jpg
24867449730_4ebeaeb4bd_z.jpg
24544906353_14387ba527_h.jpg

25078547831_cbe5dd6eb4_z.jpg
24541101334_4779029fc8_z.jpg

The expanded Universal Studio Store is HUGE! They are planning on making the most money possible!

24876307900_0ffb1dfd40_z.jpg

24545118943_5f52dee8a2_z.jpg
24804256049_98bdc38e61_z.jpg
Awesome photos! Really puts into perspective how big the expansion is. I love the miniature Universal Globe they have in there. 

Hopefully someone can get photos of the Starbucks interior soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12th Man
Not sure how much truth there is to this but Screamscape just reported that the Walking Dead walk through experience (or whatever it ends up being) has been pushed back 6-9 months giving it a mid to late 2017 opening.

This makes me think SLoP could have been pushed to 2018 and they wanted Walking Dead to fill the void for a 2017 attraction.