Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
You are trying to rationalize with someone who just angrily drug up a 2 and a half year old dead thread....

It's what I do, Fry.

And to be quite honest, I personally love the original film. But, I don't believe the ride depicts what the films could show for something of that magnitude. It was a different time when it was operational, but I would of liked to see what they could've done, with something else on it.

Last edited:
Strange. It's weird to hear an American +/- 15 years my age (33) that has never seen the simpsons. I understand someone not liking it, or not caring- but to never watch it is a pretty decent accomplishment. :)
I'll say this too. Universal has a magical way of creating attractions and lands that get people into the even though they may not know the property very well. Its been the same for Harry Potter\ Springfield for me. Love the theme park creations. Even if I can not fully relate, the atmosphere makes them tons of fun to enjoy.

It seems that a Simpsons Movie 2, would most likely happen by the end of the series. They had a similar situation to when Camp Krusty was in development, that occured back at 2015. They held back the release of the episode, "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner"; as they originally had heavily considered the possibility of converting that episode to a proper film sequel.

I am not going to be surprised, that a film is still heavily considered; and that we will eventually see it happen. So yes, it still is alive as it can be; and especially with the show now going over 30 seasons come past 2019.

To put it in perspective, Spongebob's first film was in 2004 and it took them ten year's for them to make a proper film sequel. And it is now only taking only five years for the third sequel to come out.

And, it's now taking about to the length of seven seasons that Hasbro is finally going foward with a film version of their hit TV version of My Little Pony that has captivated male and female demographics of all ages.

The point being, is that you shouldnt underestimate how long things can go, and that it is going to be exciting to see when they eventually go back to doing more Simpsons films, as it will give potentially more motive to expand off the Orlando themed area.
The Spongebob movie is a really weird situation. Basically, Nickelodeon is doing everything they can to revamp + rerelease their old shows. Fairly OddParents for instance still has new episodes!

I'm pretty sure that the new Spongebob movie was meant to get Spongebob back in the spotlight so they can churn out more episodes.

A new Simpsons movie is gonna happen eventually. The producers mostly say they just don't have the time. I'm thinking they'll be a movie a couple years after the series ends. That would be around the time that the Simpsons Ride would be replaced with a new Simpsons ride. It's an old ride after all.

Strange. It's weird to hear an American +/- 15 years my age (33) that has never seen the simpsons. I understand someone not liking it, or not caring- but to never watch it is a pretty decent accomplishment. :)
Count me in as strange as well. Never sat down for one episode, just does not appeal to me but I am older than that range

Last edited:
Count me in as strange as well. Never sat down for one episode, just does not appeal to me but I am older than that range
I've seen some old episodes in school and enjoyed them, as well as the season 28 opener, which was bizzare to me. I've also seen several funny clips of the show. One of my favorites is this one:

Anyway, I think the ride could last until the show ends.

The Spongebob movie is a really weird situation. Basically, Nickelodeon is doing everything they can to revamp + rerelease their old shows. Fairly OddParents for instance still has new episodes!

I'm pretty sure that the new Spongebob movie was meant to get Spongebob back in the spotlight so they can churn out more episodes.

A new Simpsons movie is gonna happen eventually. The producers mostly say they just don't have the time. I'm thinking they'll be a movie a couple years after the series ends. That would be around the time that the Simpsons Ride would be replaced with a new Simpsons ride. It's an old ride after all.
SpongeBob's last movie did well, yet it's fading in popularity since it's being overshadowed by The Loud House, which is more popular, as well as shows on other networks like Teen Titans Go! and Elena of Avalor. I don't know what a new Simpsons movie would do to the show's popularity-maybe it will do the same thing as Sponge Out of Water?

It'd be like a brand new ride if they replace the current ride vehicles with these:

Flight-of-Passage-Seats.jpg

:ears:

The Simpson's ride is the final dying breath of pre-Potter Universal...Needs to be replaced

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a power plant dark ride/maybe another shooter type thing

I'm not a fan of Rockit or The Simpsons Ride, despite being a huge fan of the Simpsons. Simpsons is the only ride at the resort that makes me a little queasy after I ride it.

Honestly, Simpsons deserves a better ride. The preshow is fantastic. The queue video is great too, even though the queue overall is very plain. I really hope it gets replaced with another Simpsons ride. I assume the inevitable next Simpsons movie (which will cap the series?) will be a good time for a nice classic dark ride. Doesn't have to be big or splashy. I'm all for a non-simulator small ride for Simpsons.

More importantly, Simpsons needs a better Kwik E Mart. Tear down the current one and build one that better looks like the TV show. Shouldn't be hard. Bort license plate sales alone will pay for it.

I'm not a fan of Rockit or The Simpsons Ride, despite being a huge fan of the Simpsons. Simpsons is the only ride at the resort that makes me a little queasy after I ride it.

Honestly, Simpsons deserves a better ride. The preshow is fantastic. The queue video is great too, even though the queue overall is very plain. I really hope it gets replaced with another Simpsons ride. I assume the inevitable next Simpsons movie (which will cap the series?) will be a good time for a nice classic dark ride. Doesn't have to be big or splashy. I'm all for a non-simulator small ride for Simpsons.

More importantly, Simpsons needs a better Kwik E Mart. Tear down the current one and build one that better looks like the TV show. Shouldn't be hard. Bort license plate sales alone will pay for it.

So something more similar to the USH version?

So something more similar to the USH version?
I just looked at a Youtube video. Yes, a thousand times. I think Universal could've commit more to the interior, but this is exactly what USF needs.

The whole thing pays for itself. You sell Squishees at the counter, which could honestly eclipse the Flaming Moe as the land's signature drink. The store itself is just filled with aisles, so there's tons of space to sell stuff. You might have to play with the layout a little bit to fit tshirts and the like. (Actually, place a line of "freezers" on one end that look like freezers but have apparel on the inside.) Then, sell some darn Bort license plates because how have they not cashed in on that joke yet?

Universal, please steal this idea from me. You have my total permission. You don't have to give me royalties. I'll end up spending so much money that it'll be like reverse royalties.
EDIT: Let's try this one more time with some actual text...

Last edited: