How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As someone way outside of the targeted age range....I'm very excited to see and experience this land. The coaster, show and dining hall are going to be crowd pleasers for all ages. This is how to do a complete themed land based on an animated IP.

One new thing that I noticed.....that fountain in front of Meade Hall looks really cool!

Let me preface this by saying "who cares?", but I wish they were able to extend some sort of theming onto the building.

When the rest of the land looks as immaculately-themed as this land does, I think it's more than fair to be baffled by one of the buildings -- holding a major attraction -- getting the regional amusement park treatment.

The overall land looks beautiful.

Reactions: TylerG
Nope. It's actually an IP that is targeted for everyone of all ages.
I would argue that Universal has achieved that through the design of the land....and yes there is something for everyone.

Compare that to Toy Story Land which is also an IP that is targeted for everyone of all ages but failed miserably as a fully fleshed land to be enjoyed by those of all ages.

As someone way outside of the targeted age range....I'm very excited to see and experience this land. The coaster, show and dining hall are going to be crowd pleasers for all ages. This is how to do a complete themed land based on an animated IP.

One new thing that I noticed.....that fountain in front of Meade Hall looks really cool!
I agree, It is a complete land with mass appeal across the whole family. The perfect land when someone like me is looking for a park for my family of 5.

Dragons, Vikings, tons of kinetic energy, beauty, lots of fun. What's not to like. This land is going to be a bigger hit than anyone ever imagined.
I honestly always saw it as a hit, but maybe it is because I have a very dragon obsessed family. Dragons are super popular in my kids age groups. With wings of fire being a hugely popular tween series that now has a graphic novel series for younger crowd.

When the rest of the land looks as immaculately-themed as this land does, I think it's more than fair to be baffled by one of the buildings -- holding a major attraction -- getting the regional amusement park treatment.

I am waiting on judgement of a building that we have yet to see in person. Let's not freak out about minor details at this point yet. They did a very good themed land, I am sire that building will be fine.

I would argue that Universal has achieved that through the design of the land....and yes there is something for everyone.

Compare that to Toy Story Land which is also an IP that is targeted for everyone of all ages but failed miserably as a fully fleshed land to be enjoyed by those of all ages.
I really hate comparing lands across parks because it is so subjective. I personally think TS is also fleshed out for all ages. As an adult I enjoy the rides offered and the younger kids also have options. Only thing I think TS needs is a playground or splash type area. But honestly my whole family loves that land and not even just my core 5 it is a favorite of my extended family and any friends who visit us and go to Disney.

But of course httyd is better in my opinion because it is the newer emersed lands that are becoming a trend. TS was built faster and cheaper and so why we would expect it the same level is beyond me.

Dragons, Vikings, tons of kinetic energy, beauty, lots of fun. What's not to like. This land is going to be a bigger hit than anyone ever imagined.
I imagined it, not seeing it in full I was totally convinced of this concept.

Now seeing it realized, I think this land may end up being my favorite! I don’t need thrill rides all the times and go to theme parks for escapism, this land is peak for that.

I really hope that turns out being relatively hidden and not noticeable, otherwise it’s a bizarre and odd cut for them to cheap out on that show building.

I am waiting on judgement of a building that we have yet to see in person. Let's not freak out about minor details at this point yet. They did a very good themed land, I am sure that building will be fine.
Nobody has freaked out over anything.

I really hope that turns out being relatively hidden and not noticeable, otherwise it’s a bizarre and odd cut for them to cheap out on that show building.
I'm hoping the angle from which we will approach the building will help hide it.

I really hate comparing lands across parks because it is so subjective. I personally think TS is also fleshed out for all ages. As an adult I enjoy the rides offered and the younger kids also have options. Only thing I think TS needs is a playground or splash type area. But honestly my whole family loves that land and not even just my core 5 it is a favorite of my extended family and any friends who visit us and go to Disney.

But of course httyd is better in my opinion because it is the newer emersed lands that are becoming a trend. TS was built faster and cheaper and so why we would expect it the same level is beyond me.
I don't think that the comparison is totally subjective. I really like both IPs....and don't get me wrong....Slinky Dog is an incredibly themed and enjoyable family coaster. That being said....there is no show for those that don't ride.....as you said there is nothing for the little ones other than seeing roaming characters....and themed dining Woody's Round-Up took forever to come to fruition and ain't all that from many of the reviews that I've seen. And this is DISNEY.....that's why I would expect it on the same level as *gulp*.....Universal? Wow how times have changed.....

Reactions: mccgavin

I completely agree with you! I wouldn’t be mad if that fountain was a spiritual successor of the Mystic Fountain.

Also, I love all the mechanical designs. Dragons turning cranks/gears. All of the pop ups during Fyre Drill. Great concept for a land.

1:30 is a great example:

The land looks phenomenal, but the video is not selling me on the scale of the main mountain. Hopefully it's better in real life!
I’m glad someone else said it. :lmao: That forced perspective definitely stuck out to me more than the theater flats. I am excited to see the scaffolding come down.

I don't think that the comparison is totally subjective. I really like both IPs....and don't get me wrong....Slinky Dog is an incredibly themed and enjoyable family coaster. That being said....there is no show for those that don't ride.....as you said there is nothing for the little ones other than seeing roaming characters....and themed dining Woody's Round-Up took forever to come to fruition and ain't all that from many of the reviews that I've seen. And this is DISNEY.....that's why I would expect it on the same level as *gulp*.....Universal? Wow how times have changed.....
Toy story mania has no height restriction and the spinner ride is 32". So yes there is stuff for littles. In all fairness DHS has a good bit of shows which is why I imagine they didn't add a show when they did this land. It is hard because this park is starting ground up so they could pick where shows would be best placed where when you are adding a land you do have to consider the other offerings already in the park.

Nobody has freaked out over anything.
OK, freaked out was a strong word, but that building seems to be highlighted in several posts as a worry and I know how this board can go down rabbit holes of the unknown.

Toy story mania has no height restriction and the spinner ride is 32". So yes there is stuff for littles. In all fairness DHS has a good bit of shows which is why I imagine they didn't add a show when they did this land. It is hard because this park is starting ground up so they could pick where shows would be best placed where when you are adding a land you do have to consider the other offerings already in the park.

OK, freaked out was a strong word, but that building seems to be highlighted in several posts as a worry and I know how this board can go down rabbit holes of the unknown.

To be fair, the past uses of “tree mural building” haven’t been great, so while not freaking out, it does give me pause, given how immersive the rest of the land is.