How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like this land could benefit from a flying theater or a dark ride, but it looks to be a pretty solid land overall.

I mean we ALWAYS want a dark ride. I asked in another thread a few weeks back if there were any traditional dark rides in this park and apparently it's been established that no there isn't. And that technically Super Mario counts as one.

But as someone who's done Super Mario.. maybe with the goggles off? lol But if you ask me, then no.

Notice the Hiccup AA at the beginning lift hill?
And the fact that they are specifically testing the AA alongside things; as if to make sure it works as intended? yeah that's great.

Haven't been able to pop in here--but man I love the fact on how family accomodating this land really is. It feels like a major step up compared to Toy Story Land in the amount of stuff you can actually do when considering the target demo.

Honestly, I am so impressed with this land. We've gotten a few "lands" lately that have all of 2 attractions in it. Yes, even Universal is guilty of this. But 3 rides and a major stage show? Now THAT'S a land.
Two “attractions”, but with most of these lands the land itself (shops, food, atmosphere, interactive elements) are part of the experience.

I haven't watched these movies yet (will do very soon), but from what I'm seeing, I love the amount of activities, the colors and knowing it's vikings and dragons...that's two pretty well known and loved themes even for those who might not have seen the movies. Excitement for this land is way higher than before this introduction for me.

I think we are forgetting this is the opening line up of a brand new park. No park is 100% fleshed out at opening. So sure, this person wants a dark ride and this person wants a flying theater and this person would love to to see more for kids/tweens/teens but again, this is the opening line up. We gotta let the park build up over time.

Last edited:
Tell that to Dark Universe's "Burning Blade Tavern"

....Universal isn't afraid of fire. If they were, Hollywood's backlot wouldn't keep going up in flames every few years.
True but in those instances the fire is not close to guests. If those lamps are torches are real fire along the walkways that will be closer than the burning blade windmill and the dragon on top of Gringotts.

I noticed in a few of the concept art for Isle of Berk that a lot of the lighting might be from fire. I hope they are able to pull this off as the effect is unique and very atmospheric

Edit: What I think they will do is a fake fire effect to avoid dangerous situations.

I think they will use a combination of real and fake. I think where up and away from things it will be real (entrance statues) but fake when it is indoors or near guests.

This is the best part of the entire reveal!

babydragon.png

I don't really care much for interactive wands but if it turns out these dragons are as adorable in person and interactive with the land I'll likely get one. I'm imagining this but cuter and less evil:

furby.jpg

I couldn't imagine any other color than the yellow! It reminds me of those big bright characters shirts from Walmart that kids love. I can't think of any other color that could do the graphic justice.
It likely looks better in person. I know it's meant to match the base color of the village huts so I know it wasn't a random color picked, it totally fits. Personally I would get that shirt just not that base color is all I was saying as I don't usually wear yellow.

Yellow goes with everything! Just ask pollen lol.
Not all pollen is yellow. ;)

One new thing that I noticed.....that fountain in front of Meade Hall looks really cool!
Can't wait to drink from it too! :lol:

httyd_fountain.png

Really it does look like we'll be able to get up close to the smaller basins. I wonder if it'll have some interactive elements? It's a really cool design and I can't wait to see it!

httyd_fountain_concept.png

Yes, the land will be spectacular, its just one of those "I wish they could have hid this a bit better" situations.
I'm hoping it's a case where the concept art isn't an exact representation. There's been a few instances where concept or models differed slightly from the real thing.

At the very least I assume the trees will grow tall enough in a few years it won't be noticeable, though that small pathway on the right side makes it impossible to think that particular area will look good but we'll see. I wonder if it would have looked better with some sculpted bricks or wood paneling on the side to make it look like the building it is.

I feel like this land could benefit from a flying theater or a dark ride, but it looks to be a pretty solid land overall.
I actually think a dark ride would take away from this land a bit. My reasoning is that if the land pans out to be as detailed and "real" as possible it's going to be hard to replicate that ambiance indoors. Outdoor scenes indoors feel off to me but it could be even more noticeable here.

Would I let that get in the way of a good dark ride though? Probably not. But I also don't think this land will need a new addition for some years after opening.

I think they will use a combination of real and fake. I think where up and away from things it will be real (entrance statues) but fake when it is indoors or near guests.
Yeah, that's what I m thinking. Especially inside the Meade Hall,

In regards to the "adoptable dragons", I'd look towards the currently very popular Potter owl shoulder-pals.. Those are voice-interactive. I'd expect the dragons to be an upgraded version.

Forget the dark ride/simulator screen.. they should just add an old school swinging Viking ship flat ride! lol .....just be thankful I didn't suggest a Dragons-dumbo spinner (we already have that on steroids with Dragons Racer Rally)

In regards to the "adoptable dragons", I'd look towards the currently very popular Potter owl shoulder-pals.. Those are voice-interactive. I'd expect the dragons to be an upgraded version.

Forget the dark ride/simulator screen.. they should just add an old school swinging Viking ship flat ride! lol .....just be thankful I didn't suggest a Dragons-dumbo spinner (we already have that on steroids with Dragons Racer Rally)
I completely forgot about those owls. Maybe I'll just wave my dragon in front of random objects anyway. :lol:

Something like that old Phoenix ship ride that was at Busch Gardens would be a cool option!

Reactions: Wesker69
Yeah, that's what I m thinking. Especially inside the Meade Hall,
I believe you mean Mead Hall.

Yea that’s the example I’ve used to describe them.