Hulu | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Hulu

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The teaser trailer for Helstrom came out during Comic-Con @ home. Interesting that there's no Marvel branding here considering it's a Marvel show.

Disney’s hiking the Hulu + Live TV prices up by $10 again. That means in just a little of years time of being the sole decision makers, Disney will have waited the price of their cable-cutting Live TV option from $44.99 to $64.99.

MODOK came out tonight. It's gotten good critic reviews - I'm a five episodes into the 10 episode season and it does have many of the outlandish qualities you'd expect out of a stop-motion show made by the creators of robot chicken though. The first two episodes it seems like the show is finding it's footing, but by episodes three, the show really starts to hit its stride and is hilarious with some jokes that will really slip past you if you aren't paying close attention. The one thing I will mention is if you start to watch the show and don't like MODOK, just turn off the show because he's in pretty much every scene of the whole show.

It's very binge-worthy if you need something new to watch this weekend as the episodes are only roughly 25-30 minutes. I do think this premiering just on the heels of Invincible hurts it as that was top tier superhero adult animation. Also, Ben Schwartz was seemingly cast only for his name because his part is not big nor is he funny almost ever.

Last edited:
Apparently there's some behind the scenes drama between Disney and Comcast over Disney cancelling Hulu's overseas rollout in favor of Star to the point where Comcast has stopped funding the service, however, them not funding will dilute Comcasts ownership to below the 33% they currently hold.

By 2024 is when Comcast has to sell by, but it seems like they'd rather just stop funding and take what they can get either now through negotiation with Disney or down the line.

Vacation Friends is getting a sequel titled "Honeymoon Friends" after setting the opening weekend record for most watched Hulu Original Film.

Reactions: Doug A.
I've been watching Only Murders in The Building and would highly recommend it if you have Hulu (or if it's available in your country internationally on Disney+). The show just got picked up for a second season as well. I may be biased because I love Martin Short and Steve Martin together, but this show has sincerely been really good so far.

I'm gonna watch the first few episodes of Y: The Last Man tonight. I've heard mixed things so far so we'll see.

Reactions: Doug A.
I was going to mention Only Murders in the Building as well. Loving this show so far and glad to hear it’s picked up for 2nd season already. I may be biased as well because the Martin’s together is always gold. I would highly recommend giving it a try as well. Side note but I really loved their stand up comedy tour as well “an evening you will forget for the rest of your life.” They are still touring and the show is available on Netflix as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Hulu + Live TV is getting a price increase by $5 to $70/month, but interestingly, subscribers will now be getting the entire Disney Bundle included (meaning Live TV subscribers will now get ESPN+ and Disney+ included).

I have a feeling they are making this move in response to the slow growth Disney+ saw last quarter in terms of new subscribers, so they are trying to manufacture the numbers to look like this quarter was a giant success for Disney+. Of course Disney+ is also launching in about three or four different markets this quarter as well (compared to Q4 FY21 where it launched in zero new markets).

Reactions: SeventyOne
Lily James and Sebastian Stan feel like perfect casting for Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee Jones and i'm surprised how natural Galifinakis and Rogen's roles feel in the trailer at least. Looking forward to this for sure.

Just watched the first two episodes of How I Met Your Father and didn’t laugh once. Is it serviceable? Sure. But in a world of Superstore, American Auto, Abbott Elementary, The Good Place, etc, it’s just a bland reboot for all intents and purposes.

It’s only 2 episodes of course, but the show is basically HIMYM told from Robyn’s perspective and nothing really funny about it to speak of. Barney, along with Marshall and Lily, carried a lot of the comedic work. In this version, there’s just nothing funny about it at all from any characters.

The 29% RT score and 4.8/10 rating says it all.

Just watched the first two episodes of How I Met Your Father and didn’t laugh once. Is it serviceable? Sure. But in a world of Superstore, American Auto, Abbott Elementary, The Good Place, etc, it’s just a bland reboot for all intents and purposes.

It’s only 2 episodes of course, but the show is basically HIMYM told from Robyn’s perspective and nothing really funny about it to speak of. Barney, along with Marshall and Lily, carried a lot of the comedic work. In this version, there’s just nothing funny about it at all from any characters.

The 29% RT score and 4.8/10 rating says it all.

I mainly agree with you. However, Barney was an insufferable problematic dude bro. I think the new cast is really great, but the scripts in the first two episodes were very very week. It’s interesting the audience score on rotten tomatoes is so high.

I mainly agree with you. However, Barney was an insufferable problematic dude bro. I think the new cast is really great, but the scripts in the first two episodes were very very week. It’s interesting the audience score on rotten tomatoes is so high.
I mean, yeah, they couldn’t do another Barney in 2022 and get away with it for sure. I do like the cast so that’s why I wish there was something actually funny in the show. I *want* to like it, but right now, it just feels like this is the Lizzie McGuire reboot that Hillary Duff wanted to do (which was supposed to be a NYC based show about Lizzie as an adult finding her way)