Illumination land? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Illumination land?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the Simpsons sure to depart from Universal Hollywood and Orlando this decade, I wonder if this Illumination land will expand outwards towards the where the Simpsons are now. But before that happens I would not be shocked if they replace the Animal actors stage with a version of Sing on tour.
I hope not

The Walking Dead Area is perfect size for another theater attraction and close to SLOP.

If Simpsons goes away I hope Potter, or Nintendo gets that land

Reactions: TheUniC6
I hope not

The Walking Dead Area is perfect size for another theater attraction and close to SLOP.

If Simpsons goes away I hope Potter, or Nintendo gets that land
Or the Animal actors stage could be another option for the Sing show or some other illumination attraction. Another thing I though I read somewhere was that there is the chance that some of the lands from Epic Universe could come to other Universal parks. Maybe they could turn the Simpsons area into a land for the Universal Classic monsters. Have an interactive dark ride in the same vain as WEB SLINGERS at DCA in the spot of the special effects stage and demo the Simpsons show building for an E Ticket.

Animal Actors is one of the most popular things in the park, isn't it? I could see them keeping the show but maybe upgrading the script and re-theming it to Sing somehow. That said, the Special Effects Stage space is way more conducive for singing and performance due to it being indoors, so that feels like a more obvious space to target.

With the Simpsons sure to depart from Universal Hollywood and Orlando this decade, I wonder if this Illumination land will expand outwards towards the where the Simpsons are now. But before that happens I would not be shocked if they replace the Animal actors stage with a version of Sing on tour.
If USH were wise, they would just reskin Springfield into a generic NY Street area. That way the area won't be dependent on one IP. Once the French street inevitably gets gobbled up by Illumination, it can blend fairly seamlessly into real-life NY.

If USH were wise, they would just reskin Springfield into a generic NY Street area. That way the area won't be dependent on one IP. Once the French street inevitably gets gobbled up by Illumination, it can blend fairly seamlessly into real-life NY.
God I hope not

I'd like a IP land over some NY, we have more Potter, Nintendo or other Universal IP's people love over...NY

Jesus Christ the fact that its actually super likely and Simpsons is just reskinned into the Fallon ride with studio tour being RIGHT THERE....
You know what's more alarming? The premise for Fallon makes way more sense using the Simpsons Ride format. Why would you Race Thru New York on a giant recording studio when you can race with individual cars instead?

If this happens, I see this being a really cheap placeholder until they can find a proper replacement that would involve tearing down the whole building.

Wait so do we know for sure Simpsons is leaving?

The current deal expires in 2028 i believe, so this all just speculation.

i'd be annoyed if they removed it before then, they have so much else to work on, especially the lower lot.

Reactions: Mad Dog

i'd be annoyed if they removed it before then, they have so much else to work on, especially the lower lot.
I am Intrigued to see where they go with lower lot expansions in the coming years. Maybe depending on how well it does in Epic Universe they could bring some form of the Classic Monsters land to Hollywood on the lower lot in the spacenwhere they are demoing the old soundstages. Considering the Simpsons ride system will be almost 40 years of age in 2028, I am sure that the build will be demoed or gutted and a whole new ride system will be built.

Reactions: Jamesh22

They have 6 years. I'm sure the park will have 3+ new rides by then

Looks like Parisian Courtyard lives another year!

Any word on if they plan to tear down Parisian next year for that Illumination expansion? If so, do you think the Mummy will leave around the same time?

Looks like Parisian Courtyard lives another year!

Any word on if they plan to tear down Parisian next year for that Illumination expansion? If so, do you think the Mummy will leave around the same time?

Who's to say they still couldn't work on Illumination now?

Especially considering, there still is another half of French Street that could be demoed first. Save Parisian and the Pets Place restrooms for last

I think i'd rather wait until they have another movie worthy of an attraction rather than forcing a full Illumination land now. Sing is a good movie but Sing on tour would be a waste of valuable space at USH IMO.

I think i'd rather wait until they have another movie worthy of an attraction rather than forcing a full Illumination land now. Sing is a good movie but Sing on tour would be a waste of valuable space at USH IMO.
In agree, but who's to say that it has to be Sing: On Tour? Why not make a Dream Works Theater 2.0 of sorts?

I think I mentioned this before, but I would love to see a suspended dark ride like Sesame Street at Singapore put where the French Street building is. Of course, preferably a dark ride that's a little higher quality, but it wouldn't take up that much space. It could even have higher capacity than SLoP (Which is kinda sad to say lol).

Reactions: Jamesh22
In agree, but who's to say that it has to be Sing: On Tour? Why not make a Dream Works Theater 2.0 of sorts?

I think I mentioned this before, but I would love to see a suspended dark ride like Sesame Street at Singapore put where the French Street building is. Of course, preferably a dark ride that's a little higher quality, but it wouldn't take up that much space. It could even have higher capacity than SLoP (Which is kinda sad to say lol).
If they did something like a DreamWorks theater 2.0, would it also use projection mapping and moving seats or be something slightly different? I do know that they would not be able to fit a venue of the size of the DW theatre if they put it in that area of the park.