Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 260 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You're not alone. Same with me....But, there is a segment of the demographic that probably comes to the park for outdoor coaster thrills, so once DC goes down, I guess it's OK for one outdoor coaster at each of the parks. At least Hulk & RRR doesn't take up as much acreage as DC does. DC using (wasting) 8 acres in a park crying for space is a crime of sorts.
I guess that's a good compromise. I'll take a DC replacement in exchange for keeping hulk. :D

I'm part of the demographic that goes for the coasters
Love the hulk
Love DC
Love mummy
RRR is meh!
I love mummy too! DC I can take most days. Hulk and RRR throws me for a loop. Want to experience the worst case of cold sweats? Ride the Hulk hungover.. never gonna do that again

I love mummy too! DC I can take most days. Hulk and RRR throws me for a loop. Want to experience the worst case of cold sweats? Ride the Hulk hungover.. never gonna do that again
Now I see where you made your mistake. If you don't quit drinking, you don't have to worry about a hangover. :doh:Next time, don't stop. ;):lol:...:cheers:

I don't know why I'm the only one who wants this but a flying dinosaur ride in JP. I want like 1 or 2 more outdoor coasters at IOA. Universal shouldnt have more tall coasters, but IOA can afford to do that. Maybe another marvel based coaster outdoor as an expansion. Idk IMO.

Reactions: maroonmol
I don't know why I'm the only one who wants this but a flying dinosaur ride in JP. I want like 1 or 2 more outdoor coasters at IOA. Universal shouldnt have more tall coasters, but IOA can afford to do that. Maybe another marvel based coaster outdoor as an expansion. Idk IMO.

I believe that Flying Dinosaur, would actually make that side of the park..albeit an issue of cohesive aspects. It's also on what it would be wasting, as that space could be more-or-less, better used to newer concepts that are more engaging and exciting than a coaster that can be better at SeaWorld down the city.

Also, how does this relate to The Incredible Hulk? :saywhat:

I believe that Flying Dinosaur, would actually make that side of the park..albeit an issue of cohesive aspects. It's also on what it would be wasting, as that space could be more-or-less, better used to newer concepts that are more engaging and exciting than a coaster that can be better at SeaWorld down the city.

Also, how does this relate to The Incredible Hulk? :saywhat:
We were all talking about the roller coasters in the park.

FWIW, the splash down sprayer was fixed.
Good new, but the paint wearing off on the tunnel is very concerning. The moment they see something off is when they should fix it and not just stall. Didn't holding off maintenance on the hulk last time cause for the refurb?

Paint isn't concerning. It's a cost vs benefit discussion. Is it worth the cost to fix it immediately? Not really.

To add to this slightly as well. The cheapest thing about painting something like this is usually the paint. It's the closing of the ride, labour, crane equipment and everything else that needs to happen to paint whatever

Given that most of the imperfections on Hulk are relatively quite small just now, I think Universal will be adopting a wait and see attitude. Why paint something once twice when you can paint two things once if that makes sense?

When we can we ride DC both sides using the re-ride, hulk I will ride as many times as possible as I love it lol, RRR I hate the lift hill ( not natural to go vertical without OTSR ) but once you hit the crest the ride is boring, and mummy usually calls for an "again" more than one again usually lol.
We did RRR once when it has just started to rain, it hammered down almost the instant we hit the lift hill, the rain was literally hammering into our faces and we were hysterical with laughter.

When we can we ride DC both sides using the re-ride, hulk I will ride as many times as possible as I love it lol, RRR I hate the lift hill ( not natural to go vertical without OTSR ) but once you hit the crest the ride is boring, and mummy usually calls for an "again" more than one again usually lol.
We did RRR once when it has just started to rain, it hammered down almost the instant we hit the lift hill, the rain was literally hammering into our faces and we were hysterical with laughter.
We had the same experience at Dragon Challenge once! I enjoy that coaster (some of the Hulk thrill without the headache), but it was hard to concentrate on anything with rain pelting you in the face like little BBs. It definitely made for a memorable and hilarious ride.

It's a shame that you can't do DC re-ride again with the metal detectors.

I don't know if I'm thinking of some where different but I thought there was a door just after you got off?
No, DC re-ride is the pathway/stairs a little past the exit. I think the doors inside the building exit also lead back to the queue, but you're not allowed to use them. Also, when it is busy to cut off the re-ride, especially since people re-riding messes up available lockers.

Reactions: Scott W.