Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Exactly, the fact that they have not one, but two plots that can get them a showbuilding the size of some of the biggest at the resort is absolutely insane. Heck, without even removing the Coaster, but tightening up the last block, you could get an even bigger space, not that’s it’s necessary.
Personally, I’d rather they give Toon Lagoon a trackless dark ride or “kiddy Mummy” sort of attraction.

Speaking of Hulk refurb, when can we expect the next one? Ha! The coaster's still rough as hell and now the launch sequence/musical score sucks. Only true upgrade was the entrance and queue area.

This is all considering Universal would still be planning a giant Marvel addition to be a given, which I would argue it very much isn't. Endgame was a full year ago already, and they've got a pretty stellar lineup of rides as is. The effort to expand would be better placed on Universal's own stagnating properties/lands than one already on indefinite borrowed time, regardless of how successful Marvel is.

Am I the only one who 1) had no trouble with the on-ride audio and 2) thinks it sounds amazing and is a great value add? I'll give you the tunnel is less interesting now, but otherwise...

I like the upgrades to the tunnel, but preferred the old sequence. Yes, the on ride audio is better, but with a worse score IMO.

This is all considering Universal would still be planning a giant Marvel addition to be a given, which I would argue it very much isn't. Endgame was a full year ago already, and they've got a pretty stellar lineup of rides as is. The effort to expand would be better placed on Universal's own stagnating properties/lands than one already on indefinite borrowed time, regardless of how successful Marvel is.

I think they've also tapped out the Marvel market they'd get. Move on to their other properties or other partners (Nintendo, LOTR, etc)

If they wanted to do just a singular new ride at IOA, Marvel is probably the best option. Harry Potter and Jurassic Park are completely out of expansion space, Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent are more primed for new lands, and Suess isn't nearly as prominent of an IP as Marvel is right now.

I'm really not seeing any new lands in IOA's near future (Epic Universe is going to get all the love, and the Coronavirus is going to affect the budget for park expansion in a big way) so it could just be one new ride or nothing. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Speaking of Hulk refurb, when can we expect the next one? Ha! The coaster's still rough as hell and now the launch sequence/musical score sucks. Only true upgrade was the entrance and queue area.
I thought they were going to do the new restraints with Hulk, but they did not

Even though It has been re-tracked, I still appreciate that Hulk is an old school B&M at heart

Hard disagree regarding the queue. Without my phone to entertain me, all I have are the minute-long videos playing on the monitors that get old real fast. At least the old cartoon that used to play lasted about 20 minutes.

Hard disagree regarding the queue. Without my phone to entertain me, all I have are the minute-long videos playing on the monitors that get old real fast. At least the old cartoon that used to play lasted about 20 minutes.

I have to agree with you about the queue video. I really loved the old version. Doom’s queue video makes Fearfall a must see attraction for me every time I visit.

I was speaking more to the aesthetic of the queue. The new version looks much better than the original. I’m with you on the video though.

I'm fairly confident in the future of the MCU but I think you hit the nail on the head by saying that MSHI already has a good line up and the popularity of the MCU also means that they don't really have to do anything. People will come to IOA for Marvel regardless.

Also putting this up as a major throwback to one of my first posts here:

beCI3YU.jpg

I'm fairly confident in the future of the MCU but I think you hit the nail on the head by saying that MSHI already has a good line up and the popularity of the MCU also means that they don't really have to do anything. People will come to IOA for Marvel regardless.

Also putting this up as a major throwback to one of my first posts here:

View attachment 12208
Real talk, what's the half life on Marvel after End Game?

I think if Hulk gets any work done to it, it will be converting it to another property

I'm not sure how I just noticed, but the Transformers version of Hulk in Beijing has the vest restraints

I would love those to come to Hulk...Anyone rode a B&M with them yet?

I'm not sure how I just noticed, but the Transformers version of Hulk in Beijing has the vest restraints

It only slightly counts, but they're effectively the same vests from the B&M flying coasters by appearances, just a different seat on the other end.

What intrigues me more is the Destructicoaster's reworked heartline- likely due to the 2.0 trains being wider with the vests. It's the same ol' Hulk with a modern twist.

It only slightly counts, but they're effectively the same vests from the B&M flying coasters by appearances, just a different seat on the other end.

What intrigues me more is the Destructicoaster's reworked heartline- likely due to the 2.0 trains being wider with the vests. It's the same ol' Hulk with a modern twist.
It seems the drop as well as the corkscrew before the second vertical loop are profiled differently from Hulk V2

Still though, I'd love to see them come to IOA

from what I understand, and I don’t remember where I saw/heard this, the vest restraints required the station/launch tube to be widened and it wasn’t in the budget for the IOA redo