Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, second half should be completely redone. I also really dislike the brake run, especially when you sit near the front, I find that the coaster brakes way to much, it feels unnatural, almost like the coaster was designed wrong and an excessive braking is needed.

Longest waits I have had for Dragon are for the metal detectors lol, though during the summer months I rarely stay past noon.

The second loop and it's turn-arounds are the worst part of the ride for me. I sometimes think it was designed wrong, in the sense of speed at least. The speed from the first half really continues until that brake run. Unlike other B&M's where that brake run divides the 1st and 2nd half, Hulk doesn't have this, which I feel is its "design flaw".

Typically, I was in the Hogsmeade/Dragons in the afternoon, which could explain why. (I go clockwise at IOA too)

Reactions: anihilnation
The second loop and it's turn-arounds are the worst part of the ride for me. I sometimes think it was designed wrong, in the sense of speed at least. The speed from the first half really continues until that brake run. Unlike other B&M's where that brake run divides the 1st and 2nd half, Hulk doesn't have this, which I feel is its "design flaw".

Typically, I was in the Hogsmeade/Dragons in the afternoon, which could explain why. (I go clockwise at IOA too)

Hulk is an old-school B&M; they were much more intense than most of their modern offerings. You have to also think about the fact it's launched; it is a launched ride but with the height and layout length of a smallish ~120' coaster. The speed had to be trimmed more forcefully in the MCBR than would be the case in any other ride of a comparable scale, or else the second half would need way more space for larger elements than the ride has.

It's a pretty unique coaster for those reasons, but I think that's what gives it its charm.

Hey guys long time reader, finally decided to make an account. I know some people (me included) were curious if we would see new track come from the B&M plant soon with ties to hulk, despite hulk being in good shape. I know some B&M models (dive and I believe wing) have reinforced track to hold expanded trains. Is it possible that Hulk could transform into something like a wing coaster? The ordering of new track would make sense in that case wouldn't it?

Hey guys long time reader, finally decided to make an account. I know some people (me included) were curious if we would see new track come from the B&M plant soon with ties to hulk, despite hulk being in good shape. I know some B&M models (dive and I believe wing) have reinforced track to hold expanded trains. Is it possible that Hulk could transform into something like a wing coaster? The ordering of new track would make sense in that case wouldn't it?

Well, because of the size of the launch tube, I'm really don't think it's wide enough to accommodate the width of the wing coaster cars. Unless of course as part of the overhaul they are also demoing and reconstructing the launch tube, which I haven't heard of happening yet. I think it's doubtful we will anything more then more modern versions of the older cars with possible new restraint system along with a new queue and track replacements. Hulk was built to accommodate the car style currently used. Making that drastic of a change in coaster type would mean the entire ride of would have to be completely recalculated and changed to accommodate a new coaster type, and I think that is way more then the project calls for or even suggests at this point.

Oh, and welcome to OU!

Last edited:

No because it would require changing the tunnels and backstage clearance areas. There have never been any retro-fits to wing coasters, only dive/stand-up to floorless.

So, months back I was told that Mark W. refused a bunch of new concept drawings of the laboratory saying, "we're not going that direction any more". I took that to mean it wasn't going to be a laboratory... but now it sounds as if he was saying the style was wrong. It is an excellent example of how I misinterpret some things and have learned to keep my mouth shut when I don't understand the bottom line. In this case, I didn't know what the bottom line was. Still don't.

I wonder if we'll see integration of lockers into the beginning of the queue. It would make more sense to have the lockers right outside the entrance rather than about 150' away.

Reactions: Jon84

Is the coaster staying the same, except for new track?

So, months back I was told that Mark W. refused a bunch of new concept drawings of the laboratory saying, "we're not going that direction any more". I took that to mean it wasn't going to be a laboratory... but now it sounds as if he was saying the style was wrong. It is an excellent example of how I misinterpret some things and have learned to keep my mouth shut when I don't understand the bottom line. In this case, I didn't know what the bottom line was. Still don't.

Is this in regards to the queue?

Very excited about this, Hulk has so much potential. I just hope they keep the awesome audio in the launch tube before you launch. It's classic!

Looks like Dueling Dragons is going to get a lot more attention from the guests soon!