Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seeoooooo, they have cored them. How are they going to pop the concrete out? A jackhammer?

That's what I was just thinking as well. They've got the vertical cut, but with these bolts extending a fair bit down making a horizontal cut to lift it out cleanly is probably not possible. Jackhammer or something similar is the likely route.

Seeoooooo, they have cored them. How are they going to pop the concrete out? A jackhammer?

I don't know that they can take out the centers without breaking the outer shell. Jackhammering that center out would almost certainly crack the rest of the concrete. Not to mention they'd keep hitting the steel cage. I'm kinda wondering if the intent isn't to take off the outer part of the footer and leaving the center slug so they can form up around it and repour. I really don't know though as just about everything about this project is odd to me.

Day late but here how they do the coring. Mercy, they make these suckers big. They make them as small as 2" but all of them mount the exact same way.

start at 59 seconds

Hmm, after watching that, I wonder if there is a natural seem in the footer. They typically pour the underground part of the footer first, then form up and pour the upper part. I guess its possible that they cut all the way down to the seam and can just pull it out like they did in that video.

I really am not looking forward to the wait times though. With Kong and hulk (mostly hulk) it's going to be insane.I probably will be at the gate with my crew when they open it for sure.

On my last few visits, the wait times haven't been that bad but I think the future wait times really depend on a few things. How different the coaster is going to look and whether people will think it's a new ride or not, how hard Universal advertise the ride (Again that depends on how different it is and whether Universal will choose to advertise Kong more than Hulk which I imagine they would) and how many extra guests will be in the park anyway because of Kong.

Hmm, after watching that, I wonder if there is a natural seem in the footer. They typically pour the underground part of the footer first, then form up and pour the upper part. I guess its possible that they cut all the way down to the seam and can just pull it out like they did in that video.

Was wondering about a natural seam between the top and bottom part as well, and that makes the most sense. The only thing is I wonder how they poured that solid platform area that includes footers. I can think of a few ways they may have done it, but none that would make it "easy" to do something like this removal of the center of a footer without impacting other parts of the slab. I think the key is trying to determine how deep they're drilling. Given the size of the "bit" they're using, it doesn't look like they're going much lower than the platform.

Day late but here's how they do the coring. Mercy, they make these suckers big. They make them as small as 2" but all of them mount the exact same way.

start at 59 seconds

Well that was easily the most fascinating part of my day!!

Some new satellite images.

ZQKS7cs.jpg

Some hulk track hiding up between The Simpsons and MIB.
sU602IH.jpg