Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Inside Universal Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came here by accident. I was trying to look up a fake leaked Kong photo I had seen a while back, and when I looked up "Reign of Kong Leaks" I got the RoK forum as a search result. Then I started reading more and more, lurked for a bit, then finally posted.
This has been my first and only forum I ever use. I don't like to comment much, mostly because I'm not an insider, I don't know any crazy information, or anything.
I've never had a problem with anyone on here, nor have I really made any friends.
But I like this forum. It gives me a lot of information, and since I don't live in Orlando, it gives me a lot of updates on several different things.
Almost all the posters on here are friendly (and pretty smart), so I think it just creates an overall pleasant place to interact with.
Thank you much for all the information (and Shiekra for the jokes)!

*Knowledge of the Universal resort & the back room happenings are the most important to me. Basically, after a few years on the site, I have no need of a touring plan, maps, guidebooks etc. I can just wing it, anytime I want. And that maximizes my vacation time and allows me to have the most entertaining, relaxing and leisurely vacation possible. And, as an added bonus, we've made some really good friendships in Orlando and the UK, and we socialize whenever we get an opportunity. .

What he said.

Sooooo..... @Brian G., um can I can ask if there was another reason for this thread? I have an idea, but I’m hoping I’m wrong.

This is definitely the PREMIER social media site for Universal discussions, real info that you can't find in guidebooks, and where all the other social media sites come for their info on what's really happening. Great job guys. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Originally came here because of some of the insider information (wow 5 years ago!!!) and found the forums interesting. This is actually the only forums I interact with, and I think that has to do with the way you all have structured them and also the people on these forums. I have enjoyed a lot of conversations on here and made many friends. It's nice getting to hang out with people that share our passion both online and in person. As always thank you @Brian G. and to all the moderators for everything you do around here.

As a local and following these forums for years, I come for the forums: the conversation, the friends, and to keep up to date on any new things that I need to go check out.

I would love to be more involved. but work and life have been more hectic lately and don't have as much time to keep up.

Came for the HHN, stayed for the discussions on things I've grown up with and am passionate about. I don't really care that much if it's reliable info as much as I just enjoy discussing some of my favorite places on earth with other people that care as much as I do.

I just recently joined this forum just a month ago but as someone who used to be a former Universal Hollywood member I think this is where all the real talk and gossip of the Universal World is. Plus my personal thoughts and feedback.

I came here by accident. I was trying to look up a fake leaked Kong photo I had seen a while back, and when I looked up "Reign of Kong Leaks" I got the RoK forum as a search result. Then I started reading more and more, lurked for a bit, then finally posted.
This has been my first and only forum I ever use. I don't like to comment much, mostly because I'm not an insider, I don't know any crazy information, or anything.
I've never had a problem with anyone on here, nor have I really made any friends.
But I like this forum. It gives me a lot of information, and since I don't live in Orlando, it gives me a lot of updates on several different things.
Almost all the posters on here are friendly (and pretty smart), so I think it just creates an overall pleasant place to interact with.
Thank you much for all the information (and Shiekra for the jokes)!

FYI if ever want to tag somebody in your post, for example the thx to @shiekra38 then you can use the @ symbol :)

Just wanted to mention that Craig Williams from the DISUnplugged podcast and website DISinfo.com had some very nice things to say about this forum and the Universal rumors and insider information that's usually accurate. He mentioned this on their latest Universal edition podcast/youtube video.

I thought it was nice of him to give this forum a shout-out even though they have their own Universal section on their forum. It's not a bad section, but it's not too popular and is mostly about vacation planning, etc.

I'm in that camp of 'joined around six years ago', I'm not 100% sure why I come here.

I think it is just that I like the community. I am not against meeting folks in real life (but I think I have only met 1 member from here face to face).

I do like learning others thoughts on the direction of UoR and really appreciate the folks that share their insights. I do try and contribute in any way I can (have not been there in a while and got bored w/ the photos I do have, otherwise, I do try and post photos when I can...just feels like one way I can contribute).

I'll give advice if I see someone asking something I feel I have knowledge of, but I do not think I plan my trips nor do I try to over plan any of my trips, so I do not think it is trip planning or anything like that that brings me by.

Anyway, not even sure what it is about UoR, there are some employees there they we tend to run into year after year, some we know by name (we live 200 miles away)...so, I do not know, some sort of odd family type feeling w/ the UoR community but this is the only place I found on-line that gives me that same sort of feeling.

When the UOAP thing started up (I really do not Facebook), I think I tried to sign up, but that did not go well, heck, back when I started around here (or shortly after), my wife tried to get me to check out some other site (I know it has changed ownership since then) but I happened to visit the one day the dude was having a melt down for not being invited to some Transfomers thing...but I think he charged folks to join his site for planning advice or something. I just found the whole thing in such poor taste that I figured this site was enough for whatever it is I am looking for ;-)

Hey all!

@Joe and I were discussing the organization of ideas within a thread and who to trust in the Speculation Thread, so I wanted to continue here.

I completely get his point about segregating and giving credence some users, so much that it becomes "fact." Where my frustration lies is that in this day and age (damn I feel old), while it's great everyone has a voice....EVERYONE HAS A VOICE. We get the constant echo chambers and useless fodder in those forums once people start fake rumors without any sources or because they saw it on Twitter. While obviously, it can never be eliminated, I think it can certainly be reduced somehow. My proposal was a symbol or something next to a username, that states this person is "verified to not lie to you"....essentially. Maybe there's something else we can do, but I believe something to this effect will reduce the echo chamber, the annoying posts and maybe make members think twice about the info they're going to post.

I can brainstorm more ideas, but that's what I have for now!

Since it is mid-November and this is normally the time we would start speculation for next year's HHN, I was wondering if this would be a good time to start a new speculation thread.

Look, I understand the planet is in a hot mess right now, especially our country. But I really doubt everything next year is going to be exactly the same as what we would've gotten. I heard we lost an IP or two so that could be some credence for speculation right there. I think Hollywood's is really ripe for speculation pending possible IP losses, creative shakeups, future of event, etc. If we could find a proper venue to discuss such, that would be great. Not sure if that's what the "forever" threads were intended to be.

Since it is mid-November and this is normally the time we would start speculation for next year's HHN, I was wondering if this would be a good time to start a new speculation thread.

Look, I understand the planet is in a hot mess right now, especially our country. But I really doubt everything next year is going to be exactly the same as what we would've gotten. I heard we lost an IP or two so that could be some credence for speculation right there. I think Hollywood's is really ripe for speculation pending possible IP losses, creative shakeups, future of event, etc. If we could find a proper venue to discuss such, that would be great. Not sure if that's what the "forever" threads were intended to be.

Sharing the post from the HHN threads:

As far as the plan for Spec - it's still the same; there will be no new Spec thread until January-ish. Now there is a chance there is no Spec Thread, or delayed further, since the likelihood of these houses returning is high - therefore making Spec kinda pointless.

We expect there to be some news eventually, with event dates being the likely first bit of info released and that will be posted in the News thread - which will only be regulated to news & info, no spec.

(** as we learned this year, nothing is certain. This is all hinges on how the pandemic goes into 2021.)

Sharing the post from the HHN threads:

As far as the plan for Spec - it's still the same; there will be no new Spec thread until January-ish. Now there is a chance there is no Spec Thread, or delayed further, since the likelihood of these houses returning is high - therefore making Spec kinda pointless.

We expect there to be some news eventually, with event dates being the likely first bit of info released and that will be posted in the News thread - which will only be regulated to news & info, no spec.

(** as we learned this year, nothing is certain. This is all hinges on how the pandemic goes into 2021.)

Not sure if this would be considered throwing a molotov and fleeing the scene, but there are heavy rumors that Tooth and Brides will not be returning...at least in the condition they're currently in. Billie is also canned, so there's a guaranteed replacement, plus 5 zones. If it matters, I vote for a spec thread, but not until February or so.

Just read this thread's original gist so I'll put my thoughts in here. Read the actual site a couple of times and eventually clicked on the forums, made an account and here I am. The moderator team does well, everyone's civil & respectful, and without the forums how would've I found out about Earl the Squirrel? Also, it's really easy to read because during breaks I can just load the site, see the notifications, and read a couple of messages before moving on.

This is the only site with true consistent Universal insider info. The others only pretend to have it, make up fake stories to get site clicks, or steal it from here and pretend it's their own.

That has been pretty surprising. I was getting pretty burnt out from working in the industry so it was nice to join and sort of tap into my inner theme park fan and feed off the enthusiasm here but as it turns out, I'm actually learning way more of the happenings around the resort than I thought I would. UO is a big place and there's a lot that you're not necessarily privy to, so even on the inside you're scrounging around for rumors and trying to put two and two together.

I know there is a thread about technical issues on the forum but I can't find it.

Anyway, with the Twitter update today, tweets don't seem to be loading into the forum.

@Brian G.

Status
Not open for further replies.