IOA Fun Facts | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Fun Facts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this was in another thread but I go here every year and always walk by and literally have never heard this. Also I believe there's another one that's supposedly there is Wolverine going crazy or something like that. Has anyone ever heard these?

I've heard something about being able to hear a hero die, but I've never heard it myself or seen anything online about it either. Just gossip that you hear from people that you assume is BS.

Supposedly, you can hear Captain America dying if you stand near the Captain America diner, don't know how true that is.

Yeah, never heard it. I remember reading it years back on one of the other fan sites, and made sure to go near it every year.

But on the topic of Doom Alley, if you go all the way towards the end by the Dr Doom entrance, there's a Venom bust on the wall. Always loved that little touch

Reactions: Cwoolboy
The bridge in the Port of Entry touches both the IOA Trading Company and DeFoto's photography. The owners of both stores could not agree what to inscribe onto the bridge. Trading Company wanted it to say:

"THE SHOPPING BEGINS!"

and DeFoto wanted it to say:

"THE ADVENTURE DEVELOPS!"

They called a truce and agreed to split it down the middle: "THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!"

IOA Central used to have a pretty good version of it posted, but I don't know if it was the official one, or a paraphrased one.

Man, I wish I could remember everything. Somebody out there chime in.

I think settlers were guided to the Port of Entry by the Lighthouse. They began to settle in the the Port of Entry, using the sails from the Chinese ships as shade (over the ticket booths). Confisco was set up to control imports and exports from the island, with any unauthorized items being seized. There's actually a backstory to every single facade in the POE.

I think the Lost Continent rose up from the ground, and Marvel appeared after a meteor hit from space (you can see where the meteor hit in the island).

I'm trying to remember more...

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Yeah, I for one would LOVE to find the WHOLE backstory for IOA. I kno I found it once before, but I never bothered to read the whole thing :bang:

I don't think a lot of you follow the Goddard Group on Facebook, which is unfortunate. However, if you do, you saw this nugget of awesome today.

Today's AMAZING UNREALIZED ATTRACTION may come as a bit of a shock, as up until this point it has never been made public that "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man" attraction at Islands of Adventure, widely regarded as the greatest ride ever created, began life as a SUPERMAN 3D RIDE.

Back when development of IOA (then known as Project X) began in the early 90's, it was believed that DC COMICS would be represented within the park- not MARVEL.

Of course, Universal wisely went in a different direction and the rest is history. Gary Goddard and the Landmark team adapted their concept to Spider-Man, which was then brilliantly executed by the Universal Creative team including Thierry Coup, Scott Trowbridge, Phil Bloom, and many others.

Superman-IOA_zps14ea7804.jpg