Jaws Equipment | Inside Universal Forums

Jaws Equipment

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 14, 2013
Sorry if this has already been discussed - I couldn't find anything on it. What did they do with all the equipment, props, etc from the Jaws Ride??

Reactions: UniversalCrazy
Probably auctioned them off to other theme park companies or reused some of the parts in other attractions. All of the track and metal probably got recycled. Bummer Jaws is gone, my trip to the Studios is never complete now... :'(

Could they have shipped bits over to the USH Studio Tour?

The physical infrastructure went to the landfill/recycled. There are pieces of Jaws/Amity signage all around Universals backlot offices. Pieces like ride panels, a boat, sharks, signage(that isn't hanging in an office) were sent to a warehouse.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
The physical infrastructure went to the landfill/recycled. There are pieces of Jaws/Amity signage all around Universals backlot offices. Pieces like ride panels, a boat, sharks, signage(that isn't hanging in an office) were sent to a warehouse.

Well, that's somewhat heartening :smiley:

I think they should have the shark in the lagoon and every 10 mins it comes out of the water. Thats just my 2 cents. There are alot of people that love the attraction and just having the shark in the corner over in san fran is not enough.

I think they should have the shark in the lagoon and every 10 mins it comes out of the water. Thats just my 2 cents. There are alot of people that love the attraction and just having the shark in the corner over in san fran is not enough.

That would be cool. Maybe someone could jump the shark too...