July 4th Show? | Inside Universal Forums

July 4th Show?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 12, 2012
With Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular in full swing, could we be seeing a 4th of July tag after the main show? It's been nearly two years since Universal has done a full 4th of July show. And now with Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular and the new viewing bars at CityWalk, could this help bring it back?

I think the most you'll see is a little more umph put behind the fireworks during the Cinematic Spectacular.

With Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular in full swing, could we be seeing a 4th of July tag after the main show? It's been nearly two years since Universal has done a full 4th of July show. And now with Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular and the new viewing bars at CityWalk, could this help bring it back?

I miss the Resort-wide firework shows they used to do..I am aware it costs a pretty penny to do, but Universal has more cash nowadays and Potter is done with construction..I would love to see a 4th of July and NYE themed show that shot from a central location backstage and was the same throughout all of the parks...I would imagine syncing all of that up would be a nightmare..but that is for IT to figure out haha...:blank:

Hi everyone, Im a long time reader and first time poster. But after reading this topic, I myself feels that Universal needs to get back into the 4th of July mode. And they had always hired an outside vendor to put on these shows. We are the only theme park for two years in a row who hasn't done a show for the forth. So I found some old Youtube videos to bring back those memories.

2007:
[video=youtube;kG2Dvg8AVbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2Dvg8AVbs[/video]

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to incorporate the Cinematic Spectacular with some sort of 4th Of July Show.

I'd like to see Universal do a DHS style 4th of July show. Have a live band on stage in front of Mel's, and incorporate the effects in the lagoon.

We might see a mention of a special fourth show once the media blitz hits for DM.