June 21 Announcement | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

June 21 Announcement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really don't get the excitement over Nintendo or even why Uni is pursuing this as a major acquisition for them. It's like building an Atari land in the mid-90s. Nintendo right now exists only as a nostalgia play; their console and game sales have cratered and have never been lower. 

Playing to Universal's rich film history >>>>>>>>>>>>>> nostalgia video game land which would be 99.999% screen-based. 

The brand is insanely popular internationally, and these rides are not going to be screen based from what most are aware of. Nintendo is notoriously hesistant on lending their IP out, and it was only through being insanely impressed by what Universal had drawn out as ride concepts that they finally agreed to make the deal.

Plus it plays well to kids and families, which Universal needs more of. It is absolutely a win.

Something for everyone to think about, if you want Universal/Comcast to spend even more money on the theme park, you should be hoping LA is awarded the 2024 Olympics. I'm assuming if awarded then USH will receive even more money to boost the theme park even more so, because of the influx of tourism the Olympics would bring..

^ Didn't they win the bid for the 2024 Olympics? I believe the Variety article mentioned some of it would actually be broadcast on the backlot. 

^ Didn't they win the bid for the 2024 Olympics? I believe the Variety article mentioned some of it would actually be broadcast on the backlot. 

They we're chosen as the candidates for the USOC; and the winning city will be elected in Peru next year based on the series of the Candidatural process.

Something for everyone to think about, if you want Universal/Comcast to spend even more money on the theme park, you should be hoping LA is awarded the 2024 Olympics. I'm assuming if awarded then USH will receive even more money to boost the theme park even more so, because of the influx of tourism the Olympics would bring..

Not just Universal/Comcast; but TWDC too when you think about it. If awarded; I would expect numerous projects to be greenlit by both due to the eventual influx of tourism increases.

And even if they don't get chosen, I believe that they stated not too long ago that the facilities that would be housed for the Olympics would be either A.) Already Built or B.) Built regardless if it comes to the city.

I'm also thinking that the upcoming 2021 super bowl can provide a similar outcome for the parks. Big rides/expansions can definitely happen for 2021, then an overlapping project in time for the Olympics in 2024.

I'm also thinking that the upcoming 2021 super bowl can provide a similar outcome for the parks. Big rides/expansions can definitely happen for 2021, then an overlapping project in time for the Olympics in 2024.

That too, but a part of me thinks that it could affect Disney more than Universal but hey; I guess that isn't impossible.

Reactions: Nland316