Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 274 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its a little strange because JW takes place pretty much right on top of the park from JP, just in the future. So having a JP land and a JW land could have a harry potter type problem where guests just have to not care what "time" they are placed in when they enter the land.

The different timelines doesn't really matter as everybody knows they're stepping into a fake world. Being in the same location in two different places is confusing. The HE is genius in so many ways but if somebody goes to ride Gringotts in IOA and they're confused, they can easily move to the other park without leaving that world. Let's say Universal build that SFX JP coaster based on Jurassic World in the new park and they're wanting to ride in IOA, it's not an easy jump to the new park.

As a forewarning, I can already tell that this will be a hated idea and I've never mentioned it because Dinoland has a wild mouse type coaster but it sounds like it could be on its way out. If Universal decided to go down a wild mouse c ticket type ride for JP, they could probably very easily theme it to a gyrosphere.

As a forewarning, I can already tell that this will be a hated idea and I've never mentioned it because Dinoland has a wild mouse type coaster but it sounds like it could be on its way out. If Universal decided to go down a wild mouse c ticket type ride for JP, they could probably very easily theme it to a gyrosphere.
You're absolutely totally right.

I hate it.

:lol:

I've been trying to figure out how to make the sphere appear to be rolling while having it connected to the track. It's either going to be unconvincing or people are going to lose limbs.

I also think IOA is at its coaster limit.
That's why a gyrosphere is the one time I'm okay with another screen attraction... just so the glare of the glass seems real.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.

I've been trying to figure out how to make the sphere appear to be rolling while having it connected to the track. It's either going to be unconvincing or people are going to lose limbs.

I always pictured the Antarctica vehicles in a totally enclosed dome with OLED in the glass...They could project rain onto it, glare and potentially a dino attack

Not sure how IOA is at it's coaster limit.... but I will say a coaster in Jurassic or suess would balance everything out. I'm tired of Harry Potter coasters.

Reactions: Cheezbat
If JP:RA is really closing down in January like we predicted, when do you guys reckon that Universal will make some kind of announcement about it? If I were to guess, it would likely be sometime after HHN.

If JP:RA is really closing down in January like we predicted, when do you guys reckon that Universal will make some kind of announcement about it? If I were to guess, it would likely be sometime after HHN.

I never said it was definite. Only of that, it is a rumor I have heard twice through the past year. If it happens, and that is an if; we would've gotten information of it sooner from Universal or at least someone other than one small speck of dust like me saying a rumor.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm taking this bit with a grain of salt, but still I really hope it is just a rumor. Despite the sometimes cheesy looking animatronics on the outside portion, the indoor bit is always a hoot. I love the audio. The ride is always packed. I see no reason to exterminate a stellar attraction. That dinosaur when you go down the drop still holds up to this day, and so does that raptor in the control booth. Unlike Dragon Challenge that takes up a lot of land, unlike Disaster which suffered extreme mechanical reliability issues, unlike Jaw's which costed $$$ with all the fire effects, and unlike Twister which costed $$ and was underwhelming, Jurassic Park holds itself to this day. It doesn't use fire, just animatronics which do occasionally break down. I really hope it's not on it's last leg. Such a stellar attraction, especially at night.

Unlike Dragon Challenge that takes up a lot of land,

Actually, once you count the retention pond, JPRA is within an acre of taking up the same amount of room as DC. Not that I think it's going anywhere, but it does take up quite a bit of room.

Some projects recently got a special Universal FasTrack Pass and have jumped the queue to the front of the line. With these recent scheduling changes, I'm thinkin' Creature Tech has a lot on their plate. :cool:

JP may have to take a number and wait over there...again. :(
Makes sense. They can only do so much at one time.

Some projects recently got a special Universal FasTrack Pass and have jumped the queue to the front of the line. With these recent scheduling changes, I'm thinkin' Creature Tech has a lot on their plate. :cool:

JP may have to take a number and wait over there...again. :(

So translation, Creature is doing the Potter ride interesting. But are they also doing the USF project which makes me think they are as well? That's the only way I think they wouldn't have time to reskin JPRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.