Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 311 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, let me try another hint.
lightning-rod-500x500.jpg

just watched a Lightning Rod POV, and while it looks like a pretty great coaster (but honestly not too much more intense than i expect the HP coaster to be) I have no idea how they would incorporate walkway overpasses, and the general vibe screams "not something universal would make"

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I'd much prefer this than what they have in Japan, but it still looks pretty intense (for me, not a hardcore rc guy). It also doesn't fit in to JP at all.
At this point, whatever they say fits Jurassic Park, fits Jurassic Park. Does it really even matter anymore? Welcome to Island's of Adventure's newest thrill ride: "Rowdy Raptor Run."

View attachment 6410
View attachment 6411
I love our JPRA. The building is much more grand, and our runway at the end is huge. Over in Hollywood I’m pretty sure they have a brake system that you can obviously see through the water. Even the archeway where the boat comes out from is much nicer.

Yes, ours is much smaller and does have brakes at the bottom. It slows the boat down quickly due to the smaller footprint of the ride. Remember, Hollywood is an actual movie studio and the park has limited space. The brakes also stop you from getting too soaked in the winter when it's too cold. However, in the summer we have water cannons near the breaks that do get you soaked. While the Orlando version looks bigger and more jungle-y, I prefer the Hollywood version with the extra T-Rex, falling jeep, etc.

just watched a Lightning Rod POV, and while it looks like a pretty great coaster (but honestly not too much more intense than i expect the HP coaster to be) I have no idea how they would incorporate walkway overpasses, and the general vibe screams "not something universal would make"
You’d be surprised on how intense lightning rod is if you think it’s as intense then the HP coaster. I’ve rode over 130 coasters and it’s one of the most intense I’ve ever rode.

Lightning Rod is by far and away the best of any coaster I've been on. The POV you watched doesn't do it justice, it's absolutely insane.

Reactions: Andysol
Lightning Rod is by far and away the best of any coaster I've been on. The POV you watched doesn't do it justice, it's absolutely insane.
You’d be surprised on how intense lightning rod is if you think it’s as intense then the HP coaster. I’ve rode over 130 coasters and it’s one of the most intense I’ve ever rode.
alright, alright. Comparing it to something at Cedar point, Carowinds, Busch tampa, and UOR, which is it most like?

Reactions: Ashhanbre
alright, alright. Comparing it to something at Cedar point, Carowinds, Busch tampa, and UOR, which is it most like?
Nothing like any coaster at any of these places, it’s a very intense coaster filled with quick turns and a LOT of airtime, I would compare it most to steel vengeance, even though that isn’t opened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.