Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 499 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though Jurassic _____ may go in and out of demand, dinosaurs will always be in. That's part of what makes it strong for a themepark, I'm just not sure it's ever 2 lands popular. With it seeming that this land would be updated what else would there be to fill out another land... River Adventure with different ride vehicles? They can already say "yea, we got that" in ads, IDK if splitting it up would give the results of certain other properties. Just give us a few more dinos in this land.

Hopefully the Discovery Center does get an overhaul. The mini-show is interesting to see every once in a while but most of the rest seems like filler that really were dated before they even put them in. Technology has progressed so far they could make some amazing interactive exhibits. The structure could stay pretty much the same, just replacing the decorative elements on top. I love the idea of the place it's just the execution is basically a spot to cool off for a few minutes.

What would the inside first floor of an updated Discovery Center even look like? Its ostensibly meant to be an interactive educational exhibit of sorts, and back in the 90s when it was built, they were largely able to do that.

However, at this point, the science has moved on way beyond the depictions in the Jurassic franchise. An updated exhibit would either be elaborate fabrications intentionally presenting complete lies to children as facts, or it would be completely incongruous with the rest of the franchise and land. Neither of those options seem very appealing, so they probably will have to update it to be a completely different sort of attraction.

What would the inside first floor of an updated Discovery Center even look like? Its ostensibly meant to be an interactive educational exhibit of sorts, and back in the 90s when it was built, they were largely able to do that.

However, at this point, the science has moved on way beyond the depictions in the Jurassic franchise. An updated exhibit would either be elaborate fabrications intentionally presenting complete lies to children as facts, or it would be completely incongruous with the rest of the franchise and land. Neither of those options seem very appealing, so they probably will have to update it to be a completely different sort of attraction.

Uhhh, what? I wouldn't exactly consider putting your own face on a PlayStation2 dino educational :bonk:

I would have preferred a B&M NextGen invert (and for that matter, an AE-style show instead of Kong), but I'm absolutely THRILLED that they're planning a...well...thrill coaster.

This top hat element has me concerned. I don't do well with tall, bare coasters, let alone steep climbs and drops. The rest of the ride sounds amazing, so I might have to suck it up for this one...ugh

This top hat element has me concerned. I don't do well with tall, bare coasters, let alone steep climbs and drops. The rest of the ride sounds amazing, so I might have to suck it up for this one...ugh

You’ll be up and down in less than 4 seconds. Honestly, the top hat should be the least of your worries as there are far more intense elements on this track.

So, I just looked up what a top hat is. @P@n!K_Sw1tC# is right. It’s over before you know it. I really don’t get the excitement for it. I’ve been on the tallest one in the world and my reaction after was “that’s all?”

Reactions: Ryno27
I know there have been plenty of comparisons to Taron for this coaster but one that does have very similar elements (launches, rockwork, going over water) and is compact is Maverick. Any chance its more along the lines of that minus the lift ?

Reactions: WillQ92
Eh, the gyrosphere would work better at another park/resort at this point. If we were to get anything else after this, I would still want the Visitor Center ride starring Mr. DNA. Our very own JP-themed Carousel of Progress.

Yes!! This would be perfect. A nice little dark ride that takes up no additional space. Seems like a no brainer. They could have a Hammond AA along the lines of the Avatar Shaman in River Journey in each of the theater sections to "guide" us through the Discovery Center. How neat would that be if they could do that and really make each scene of the ride very realistic!!

So, despite the likelihood of this coaster having blue track and getting the name "Raptor Run/Rush/Race," who thinks it should just be called the "Indoraptor?"

Though, best option, would have been slate gray track and blue supports with the name, "Indominus Rush."

*Strolls into the thread* Oh, 2019 is already off to great start! With the Potter coaster being more of a family coaster, this JP coaster is sounding like it'll be the full-on thrill coaster which for me will make up for the loss of Dueling Dragons.

I know there have been plenty of comparisons to Taron for this coaster but one that does have very similar elements (launches, rockwork, going over water) and is compact is Maverick. Any chance its more along the lines of that minus the lift?

From the people I know that have been on Taron, for them it's overall a good coaster, but it packs more of a punch akin to Cheetah Hunt. While that's not a bad thing, it's a little disappointing if one was hoping the punch was more like Maverick.

For me, I'm hoping the punch of this coaster is like Maverick or Storm Runner. If it's in that range, oh this is gonna' be good!

I'm not sure how to feel about this ride.

The first portion looks very Taron-like, which is great. But then the rumor is an LSM launch into the top hat, which feels really weird for an Intamin coaster. I'm also worried it will kind of fall flat after the top hat because it sounds like it's going to go really fast, but not do much or have many other interesting or forceful elements in that section.

It will almost certainly be a better coaster than the HP one, but I'm not ready to declare it the next Maverick.

Status
Not open for further replies.