Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 783 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest: About that coaster...
Team member: You mean the Osprey sanctuary.
Guest: But I see...
Team member: an Osprey, cool hey.
Guest: Isn't it a bit elaborate for an Osprey sanctuary?
Team member: You should see our ant hill sanctuary down the road.
Guest: That's Epic Universe, right?
Team member: It's Epic for sure, have a nice day.

What are these areas for? Evacuation access or something pretty?

CbwjZn0.jpg

photo: @bioreconstruct

Reactions: alias8703
They seem pretty optimistic for a vaccine so I’m holding out hope. Maybe Universal push this as forward as possible to draw people back quicker. That’s my hope for a Tron and Guardians too...but I’m much less hopeful for those 2 on Disneys construction schedules.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Guessing that opening date might have as much to do with the covid situation next spring as anything else.

I’m feeling a little more optimistic about the COVID situation every day. Hopefully the worst is over and things will start to return to the new normal.

This is going to be one hell of a way to reintroduce the fans to the parks.

Reactions: Lucas C and Mad Dog
Ok coaster guys. What is the name for the first element after the first launch? It's not a true Immelmann. It's leaning and instead of cresting upside down, it is sideways. It's a "Leaning ImmelWave". Although I'm sure that not what it's called.

And have we discussed that the climb up the top hat goes past vertical? Have they done that before?

And I heard some dubious rumors about the queue. I don't want to throw it out yet, but @Alicia, anything interesting about the queue besides the Dr. Henry Wu preshow in the lab?

Ok coaster guys. What is the name for the first element after the first launch? It's not a true Immelmann. It's leaning and instead of cresting upside down, it is sideways. It's a "Leaning ImmelWave". Although I'm sure that not what it's called.
In my coaster dictionary, I'm calling a "Reverse Stengel Dive" or "Twisted Stengel Dive". It definitely doesn't invert, just based on seeing it in comparison to an element that Intamin is working on with another project that they're dubbing a "Non-Inverting Cobra Roll". Their new cobra roll looks like it has about the same maximum banking as the Velocicoaster element, and if that's not an inversion neither is Velocicoaster's.

The only thing my mind can see is some sort of variation of the Stengel dive in which you enter from a climbing turn. And if we must fit it into existing coaster lexicon, Junior Immelmann will suffice. It definitely ain't an inversion though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.