Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 936 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, at the speed you're traveling, an AA during the ride would make no sense (unless it was at the launch points). My most looked forward to part is actually cutting and curving through the "caves" as well as just looking at the coaster with its waterfall. It will be nice to read some of the reviews as well.

Honestly, at the speed you're traveling, an AA during the ride would make no sense (unless it was at the launch points). My most looked forward to part is actually cutting and curving through the "caves" as well as just looking at the coaster with its waterfall. It will be nice to read some of the reviews as well.

This is where I am too, I bet people will come off thinking the raptors moved when they didn't at all.

IDK, on one hand it’s fine that the coaster portion raptors are static, but how cool would it have been if they were AAs that could sense all the coaster trains around them? That’d add an interesting element as you approach and soar around these figures. I’m sure you’d be able to tell the difference between a static figure and AA lunging and glaring at your train as it passes. Funny how practical we are rather than allowing ourselves to dream.

IDK, on one hand it’s fine that the coaster portion raptors are static, but how cool would it have been if they were AAs that could sense all the coaster trains around them? That’d add an interesting element as you approach and soar around these figures. I’m sure you’d be able to tell the difference between a static figure and AA lunging and glaring at your train as it passes. Funny how practical we are rather than allowing ourselves to dream.

I do get what you're saying, since over at the Matterhorn in DL the first practical Harold in the ride does lunge at the nearest bobsled that passes by. It is pretty neat, not gonna' lie there. But it's also a blink and you miss moment, and at that early point of the ride it's not even at it's top speed of 27 mph. Meanwhile later on in the ride when it's moving faster, the second physical Harold you see is just a figure with a strobe lite. If there was a AA at that point, it would need to be exerting a crazy amount of force to move quick enough to really register what's going on...and we know how that turned out with EE. The faster you move (and it doesn't need to be that fast to make it harder to register), the simpler you have to go to convey things.

We can dream all we want, nothin' wrong with that as these rides most likely start out as a dream! But when it comes to making something a reality, you have to be practical in order to make it happen, as dreams are not always practical.

Reactions: Mad Dog and WillQ92
Trust me, when you’re on the actual ride, you don’t have any time to notice any potential raptor movement lol. The first gasp of breath this ride gives you after the first launch is at the top of the top hat.

This was my opinion as well. Even on Expedition Everest, the fly-by of the Yeti is so quick that I barely registered it occurring (strobe or no strobe).

Honestly, at the speed you're traveling, an AA during the ride would make no sense (unless it was at the launch points)......

Unless you're going rediculously slow, AA's aren't that noticable. I find that with Hagrid's even though slow in that part, you're still moving too fast to really get a good/appreciated look at fluffy's moving heads. You're already past it in a second.

The only disappointment for me is the lack of the ending AA. I'd prefer if the raptors in the area moved, but it's not as big of a deal as cutting that one.

Definitely would’ve been a great ending surprise. I’m actually more upset however that the final cage hallway doesn’t let you see into the ride, as the rendering showed it would. The views from there of the ride would’ve been so good. Kinda like a “that was just you! wasn’t that great?” sort of moment. I wonder why they went for the walls?

Definitely would’ve been a great ending surprise. I’m actually more upset however that the final cage hallway doesn’t let you see into the ride, as the rendering showed it would. The views from there of the ride would’ve been so good. Kinda like a “that was just you! wasn’t that great?” sort of moment. I wonder why they went for the walls?

For me, I was hoping that the second launch would be fully enclosed with little or no lighting. So, yeah, no complaints from me. I watched another video of a walkthrough of IoA and the area with the coaster looks like it has always been there. So awesome to see on a video that I can hardly wait until I actually get to experience it myself.

Reactions: violarum

I feel like they’re really pushing the “What could go wrong?” line, and without that final Raptor attack the answer is apparently “Nothing”. Which seems weird haha

Was I the only one who was never expecting any AAs along the track? I always assumed the ride was too fast for it to work. Then again I haven't religiously kept up with rumors, but it just seems obvious that, especially knowing what happened with EE at DAK, what's the point in having AAs on this ride when they would be seen for only what - less than 0.5 a second?

Was I the only one who was never expecting any AAs along the track? I always assumed the ride was too fast for it to work. Then again I haven't religiously kept up with rumors, but it just seems obvious that, especially knowing what happened with EE at DAK, what's the point in having AAs on this ride when they would be seen for only what - less than 0.5 a second?

Kind of how I felt with the Mario Kart speed or lack there of.

Rides are illusions, magic tricks. The best rides pull this off with showmanship and few flaws. While I would have liked to see some animation with the figures during the spaghetti bowl segment, I know why that might have been one of the first things to be cut. In the end, if the illusion is pulled off then that's all that matters.

I was hoping for maybe a weight shift/head movement, nothing too crazy.

I guess I expected more AAs because of Hagrid’s and that they were offered the budget to retheme the land and upgrade JPRA to JW OR build this coaster. Seems like upgrading would have involved more AAs, which made me think they had the budget for them somewhere within this new attraction. Honestly, I was expecting at least a fully functional Blue AA similar to JW:The Ride.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I guess I expected more AAs because of Hagrid’s and that they were offered the budget to retheme the land and upgrade JPRA to JW OR build this coaster. Seems like upgrading would have involved more AAs, which made me think they had the budget for them somewhere within this new attraction. Honestly, I was expecting at least a fully functional Blue AA similar to JW:The Ride.
Well, the upgrading wouldn’t have included building a whole new ride...so yea.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Yeah, but there's slow sections to Hagrid. There's even a short dark ride-esque segment where the actual Hagrid AA is. Inside the pre-launch scene on the JW Coaster, i'm expecting a bit more, but out where it's going 70 mph? it would make no sense for an AA. The only place that would make sense is at the end of the ride before you pull back into the station, sort of like Slinky Dog Dash with the Wheezy AA at the end.

Reactions: illumination
Yeah, but there's slow sections to Hagrid. There's even a short dark ride-esque segment where the actual Hagrid AA is. Inside the pre-launch scene on the JW Coaster, i'm expecting a bit more, but out where it's going 70 mph? it would make no sense for an AA. The only place that would make sense is at the end of the ride before you pull back into the station, sort of like Slinky Dog Dash with the Wheezy AA at the end.
Right, but there are reports there isn’t even that. It’s a few figures in a cage within the queue, screens during the launch, and static figures during the coaster portion. I’d like all of the raptors to be somewhat functional, but I get why they’re not because of the speed. A Blue AA at the end would have been a great idea since this is essentially Blue’s attraction.

BTW, can you see these static figures from the pathways? That would be another interesting reason to have movement: the appearance for guests not riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.