Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 526 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got my wires crossed.

I envisioned the raptors being released from their pen and as you launch out, the raptors would be running along side you.
Nah, that first launch will likely be open air jungle and electric fences. All practical stuff.

That ending though. Very concerned it'll be screens. And word on the street is Chris Pratt filmed, or is going to film, something for the ride. Unsure if just queue videos/preshow, or if he'll be Vin Dieseled into the ending screen tunnel somehow.

I always assumed the arch was never put on the Kong side for thematic reasons, to kind of just mash the 2 lands together over there

Theory: When Kong was green lit and the arch came down, it was never rebuilt because the plan, at the time, was to move Jurassic (World) to the South property. Why rebuild a shoehorned arch only to demo it a matter of years later?
Maybe they can build one with easier relocation &/or retheme in mind?

For a lot of things, that may seem silly, but I feel like it makes sense for parks and properties this big.

Reactions: therock and Quint
It works both ways, because I hate sipping on my Long Island Ice Tea at JPs Watering Hole and having to look at Hogwarts.

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of how much more people value Harry Potter's thematic integrity than Jurassic Park's. I get that it's already been damaged by the encroachment of Kong and Potter, but that should be more reason for us to want them to mitigate some of the damage they've done and improve the area, not just write the whole area off and stop caring. It's still a beautiful and immersive area, especially if you take some time to explore a bit of Camp Jurassic, and if they put even a fifth of the effort they put into the Potter areas into improving it as part of the projects and overhauls happening in the area I truly believe it could one of the most immersive areas in the parks.

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of how much more people value Harry Potter's thematic integrity than Jurassic Park's. I get that it's already been damaged by the encroachment of Kong and Potter, but that should be more reason for us to want them to mitigate some of the damage they've done and improve the area, not just write the whole area off and stop caring. It's still a beautiful and immersive area, especially if you take some time to explore a bit of Camp Jurassic, and if they put even a fifth of the effort they put into the Potter areas into improving it as part of the projects and overhauls happening in the area I truly believe it could one of the most immersive areas in the parks.
Well, they are putting in a new ride in the area, I wouldn't lose hope on JP somewhat regaining its environment

Reactions: natespf
Well, they are putting in a new ride in the area, I wouldn't lose hope on JP somewhat regaining its environment

Exactly, that's what I'm saying. The construction of this ride, with all the construction it requires all over JP, is a crossroads: This ride can either be the beginning of an overhaul to make the area nearly as great and immersive as the Wizarding World, or it could be another thematic compromise that will further degrade the atmosphere and immersion of the JP area in the name of improving the park as a whole. Once we know more details we'll know which it is.

My new video is up now! It goes over the track layout, includes an update on the land and work walls, but also gets into rumors for scenes, as well as the future fate of the Jurassic land at IOA. Let me know what you think!

Also, I have updated my track layout image slightly and have included the new one used in the video below.

JP-Coaster-Layout08b.jpg

I plan to watch at work tonight

Reactions: RFRees and Alicia
My new video is up now! It goes over the track layout, includes an update on the land and work walls, but also gets into rumors for scenes, as well as the future fate of the Jurassic land at IOA. Let me know what you think!

Also, I have updated my track layout image slightly and have included the new one used in the video below.

JP-Coaster-Layout08b.jpg

Thank you for that video! Very easy to follow and understand and nice little nuggets of info sprinkled in.

You seem much more comfortable doing videos and it really shows in the videos you post now. Keep up the good work and thanks for the info you get to share! :toast:

Exactly, that's what I'm saying. The construction of this ride, with all the construction it requires all over JP, is a crossroads: This ride can either be the beginning of an overhaul to make the area nearly as great and immersive as the Wizarding World, or it could be another thematic compromise that will further degrade the atmosphere and immersion of the JP area in the name of improving the park as a whole. Once we know more details we'll know which it is.
Some rockword and an expanded experience should bring some new life into the area

I'm unapologetic about calling the land an overgrown mess at this point

Nah, that first launch will likely be open air jungle and electric fences. All practical stuff.

That ending though. Very concerned it'll be screens. And word on the street is Chris Pratt filmed, or is going to film, something for the ride. Unsure if just queue videos/preshow, or if he'll be Vin Dieseled into the ending screen tunnel somehow.

Any chance that first scene/launch is going to be a stand still launch(sorry dont know the technical term)? I could really see that working, being inside a pen next to some grunting AA Raptors about to be released when it kicks in and we launch ala Rock n Roller Coaster out into the jungle.

I thought another way to "somewhat" fix the problem is to close the WW/JP bridge (maybe turned into a viewing platform) and use the LC/JP bridge only. I know, I know, it sounds like a crowd flow nightmare but let's keep in mind Diagon is a dead end as well. I just thought they could expand The Watering Hole to make it a dead end and the "closed path to WWHP" can be filled with trees to cover any unwanted view. Besides I like the idea to enter JP and see the JPDC front side instead of the back like it is now. IDK just a thought.

Reactions: sjago13 and JoshO
Status
Not open for further replies.