Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 808 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...but Spiderman

Probably the best rides at their respective parks IMO.

Ohh yeah, and this looks amazing! We need something to look forward to right now, and this hits that spot! While I don't think anything will be able to quite beat the magic of Py and Blizz for me, it's still a fantastic compromise.

Probably the best rides at their respective parks IMO.

Ohh yeah, and this looks amazing! We need something to look forward to right now, and this hits that spot! While I don't think anything will be able to quite beat the magic of Py and Blizz for me, it's still a fantastic compromise.
Give me DD and OG JP in 1999 (when I first visited IOA) and I will gladly trade Hagrid and JP Coaster

But, having Harry Potter and a JP Coaster is more than worthy of a successor to both losses

Still though, IOA '99 is just such a great memory for me and the parks were truly unappreciated

Give me DD and OG JP in 1999 (when I first visited IOA) and I will gladly trade Hagrid and JP Coaster

But, having Harry Potter and a JP Coaster is more than worthy of a successor to both losses

Still though, IOA '99 is just such a great memory for me and the parks were truly unappreciated

“Universal is just a glorified Six Flags!”—Many a poster on Magic and DIS back in the day :rolleyes:

Reactions: SkiBum
*Looks around the room, waiting for someone else to explain...and nope, okay here we go...*

The JP in IOA is a different island - Isla Adventura. It’s a franchised version of the JP on Isla Nublar. All the film franchise’s events occur on that island.

Could they say, “Hey, here’s raptor trainer Owen from our latest park franchise, Jurassic World, and he’s here to teach you about raptors!”? Sure, that works. I’m just in the .01% of fans that takes theming too seriously and would like the land to either be JP or JW - not a combined version that’s confusing to try to justify. But, hey! This coaster’s still going to be fun, right?!

*Sits back down, hoping that recaps everything. Nibbles on a cracker.*
Let’s just say that Jurassic World is the name of the resort, and Jurassic Park is the name of the park. Just like Universal Studios Escape, and Universal Studios Florida.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
“Universal is just a glorified Six Flags!”—Many a poster on Magic and DIS back in the day :rolleyes:
"Six Flags is just a glorified carnival!" Says me ...ever since the current owners took over. Sfog has been turned into an unappealing joke of what it once was. The theming is lackluster, they only open rides at certain times, or when the park gets to a certain capacity and all but a handful of restaurants are open. Universal studios and ioa are light years ahead of them. Universal and Disney are actual theme parks, six flags is not a theme park... it's an amusement park. Having said that, give me Velocicoaster!!!!

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
IOA 99 was more magical than any Disney Park at the time. full stop.
Man, what I'd give to go back to IOA '99. Or mid '90s USF.

Little Jurassic nerd me would never have believed we'd be getting a huge intricately themed Jurassic coaster. Then again, Little Jurassic nerd me would also be ultra confused as to why there's a Kong ride in JP.

Let’s just say that Jurassic World is the name of the resort, and Jurassic Park is the name of the park. Just like Universal Studios Escape, and Universal Studios Florida.

I think it’s more accurate to say it’s a Jurassic World ride inside Jurassic Park, which brings up the consistency issues.

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
They did add the caveat of 'theme park purposes' to the Camp Cretaceous trademark. What if the angle everyone's missing is the whole land is being re-themed, but as a tie in to the new Camp Cretaceous series- which takes place on a different part of Isla Nublar during the events of Jurassic World. Both trailers seem to show a color palate in the production design that seems to evoke the original JP, so it would be rather easy to keep most of everything as-is. Just a sort of soft reboot, swapping some 'Park' signs to 'World' signs here and there, freshening the place up, and calling it a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWalkingDad
Status
Not open for further replies.