Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like it as a standalone structure as part of the mesh awning that needs to be there.

As an entrance to a land it’s kind of meh compared to the big majestic gates. But I’m going to give it the benefit of the doubt that it’s not supposed to be a big majestic entrance to the land. I’ll just be happy when they get rid of the barrier and utilize the full width of the bridge.

I was talking to one of the workers from PCL Construction (they do almost all the major work for all the parks here in Orlando). He is currently working on the Polynesian Monorail station, but his last project was Velocicoaster. I was chatting him up (partially because he was hot) and I really wanted to ask him about the stickers on his hard hat. He has a large Velocicoaster sticker, and then a smaller Jurassic sticker from PCL with "HO2YB" on it. I asked if it was a project code for Velocicoaster and he explained that someone from PCL made them for all their project team members. It means "Hang on to your butt" and came from the second movie apparently. :tease:

He then mentioned that when the Poly is done they're expecting to move on to EU.

Finally got a nighttime ride on this yesterday and marked the occasion in the back row for the first time.

This might be the best way to ride VC. The darkness adds another element of chaos to the back row's intensity. I want to see how the front row is at night, but the back row wins compared to a daytime front row ride.

Finally got a nighttime ride on this yesterday and marked the occasion in the back row for the first time.

This might be the best way to ride VC. The darkness adds another element of chaos to the back row's intensity. I want to see how the front row is at night, but the back row wins compared to a daytime front row ride.

Best ride I've had on this so far was right after a torrent on Fourth of July weekend. Not only did my friend and I walk right on but the tracks felt completely greased up--it HAULED and was butter smooth.