Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, Some que line signs call out River Adventure, Pteranodon Flyers, and Camp Cretaceous(This one says coming soon)Curious if they will rebrand Camp Jurassic? All Feature the JW branding with no mention of JP......something to chew on I guess.

So, Some que line signs call out River Adventure, Pteranodon Flyers, and Camp Cretaceous(This one says coming soon)Curious if they will rebrand Camp Jurassic? All Feature the JW branding with no mention of JP......something to chew on I guess.
I don't think that's too far-fetched. Isn't the new TV show called that too?

Saw a Video of the Q, very well done for a coaster ride. Defintly something I will check out the next time im at IOA.

Camp Cretaceous and the Indominus signs say coming soon because in the canon of the timeline for the ride those attractions were coming soon to Jurassic World. It has nothing to do with IoA’s Jurassic Park land.

Those posters are cute nods to different attractions from the series and the area.

Camp Cretaceous and the Indominus signs say coming soon because in the canon of the timeline for the ride those attractions were coming soon to Jurassic World. It has nothing to do with IoA’s Jurassic Park land.

Those posters are cute nods to different attractions from the series and the area.
I didn't know the lore went this far.

Maybe we’ll get an official POV from Universal someday.
I hope official POVs become the norm. Many people first encounter new rides (not always, but often) through wide-angle, low light POVs that distort the scale of the sets and accentuate the rafters/lighting fixtures. Official POVs timed with the ride's opening would ideally fix this problem.

Not that it would matter for the Velocicoaster, but I digress.

I hope official POVs become the norm. Many people first encounter new rides (not always, but often) through wide-angle, low light POVs that distort the scale of the sets and accentuate the rafters/lighting fixtures. Official POVs timed with the ride's opening would ideally fix this problem.

Not that it would matter for the Velocicoaster, but I digress.
I don’t think you’ll ever get official POVs for “spoilerable” rides like Dark Rides, at least not until well into their lifespans. But there’s no reason not to release a POV of a pure coaster

I don’t think you’ll ever get official POVs for “spoilerable” rides like Dark Rides, at least not until well into their lifespans. But there’s no reason not to release a POV of a pure coaster

Never really understood the point really. I mean totally defeats purpose

Reactions: JawsVictim

See, this is part of the appeal with roller coasters, they have a very high re-ride value. Also why MIB and ToT are my two favorite dark rides, they both provide something more visceral that makes you want to re-ride them as much as you can!

Reactions: JawsVictim
My post from the review thread. It’s not really spoiler-y imo, but just in case...
So. This thing HAULS ASS. And you will *feel* it well after you get off. Easily the best coaster in Florida by a mile. If Iron Gwazi is anywhere near as good, we’ve got ourselves two winners.

The locker situation, however, is gonna be a big problem going forward. And the Discovery Center wasn’t designed to be what is virtually the exit of the attraction. There’s enough people in there as-is, this is only going to add to the congestion if they continue this.

I really don’t think I have anything negative to say except at the first launch, only those in the front can see the Raptor running.

Ok, how much air time do you get on the left right left?

Also, how does an "Intamin" stall compare to an "RMC" stall?

Those are the two questions I'm dying to know!

Not sure if this has been said yet, but on the second launch, hold on to your mask! I can guarantee that people will be losing these on the ride quite a bit.

Oh, and it's notable that there was no social distancing markers in the queue. Maybe they just haven't got to it yet, but I think there's a chance that they are hoping to open this in June without Social Distancing be needed. Of course it's probably just that they are waiting to do it with 3ft markers. Hagrid is now almost fully switched over.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but on the second launch, hold on to your mask! I can guarantee that people will be losing these on the ride quite a bit.

Oh, and it's notable that there was no social distancing markers in the queue. Maybe they just haven't got to it yet, but I think there's a chance that they are hoping to open this in June without Social Distancing be needed. Of course it's probably just that they are waiting to do it with 3ft markers. Hagrid is now almost fully switched over.
There were residue marks on the floor today from stickers they had put down and taken back up, so they existed at some point before opening. I wouldn't be surprised if softs are kind of a test to see well non-socially distanced queues work before they slap the 3-foot ones down.

To the IU community calling out ‘thoosies’, this is the first major adult Intamin coaster in Florida so pardon me if people are comparing it to other coasters around the world. It’s an interesting topic, if UO really went with Intamin intensity here this is a game changer for central Florida. Don’t dismiss the topic, it’s an important one for our industry.