Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@Mad Dog, Alene, and I hit VC first thing this morning. Alene, who is scared of coasters, LOVED it!

8-C4-DAD8-A.jpg

Awesome. Have fun (not that you actually need me to tell you that in order to indeed have fun).

Haven‘t had a chance to ride this monster yet (thanks cancer ) but it looks amazing. I hope to be able to visit in the fall after chemo is done with. One thing, that I keep seeing in the nit pick reviews, is the fact that at least one of the velociraptors don’t move. To be fair, I think that’s a valid, yet minor complaint. I know animatronics don’t fair well in the outdoor Florida environment (River Adventure I’m looking at you). But a simple chomp chomp of the jaws of the first raptor as the coaster passes would add a lot and could be easy to maintain. Not talking about full body movement like the famous Yeti, just simple mouth open and close movements. I’m sure this would be an easy addition if they chose to plush the ride one day. Regardless, it looks fantastic!

Haven‘t had a chance to ride this monster yet (thanks cancer ) but it looks amazing. I hope to be able to visit in the fall after chemo is done with. One thing, that I keep seeing in the nit pick reviews, is the fact that at least one of the velociraptors don’t move. To be fair, I think that’s a valid, yet minor complaint. I know animatronics don’t fair well in the outdoor Florida environment (River Adventure I’m looking at you). But a simple chomp chomp of the jaws of the first raptor as the coaster passes would add a lot and could be easy to maintain. Not talking about full body movement like the famous Yeti, just simple mouth open and close movements. I’m sure this would be an easy addition if they chose to plush the ride one day. Regardless, it looks fantastic!
Yes. The ride moves so fast that there is no good reason to have one of those raptors move. Very few people would ever notice it. Better to spend development money on elements that matter.

Reactions: NewDrew
Yes. The ride moves so fast that there is no good reason to have one of those raptors move. Very few people would ever notice it. Better to spend development money on elements that matter.
I’m sure you’re right. From the video I’ve seen it looks like it flies by so quick it would be hard to tell. Still, you get those people who have to find fault and say that they definitely could tell. Still amazed what Universal Creative was able to do with the space they had. Also, those Raptor animatronics in the queue look amazing!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Just going to add to the overwhelming consensus that this ride was fantastic.
We waited for front row which is highly recommended.
The opening launch with the video projected raptors running beside the train is a nice touch that some will likely miss.
The first half is just a lot of fun, and the Raptor statues work as they are larger then I was expecting. There is also some "dino noises" that give them some life.
The close calls within the rock work adds a lot of tension.
The second half is amazing...starting with that top hat, where you feel huge ejector air time, into that steep drop. While intense, it's over quick enough that I think most will be able to handle.
the first upside down stall is great, and timed just right.
Finally, the "Roll" over the water is the star of the entire attraction. It's my pick for the best roller coaster element I've ever been on personally. You literally feel you will fly into the water. It's quite the thrill.

I just can't believe what a home run this is. The fact that IOA now has Hulk, Hagrid, and this makes for an incredible experience for coaster fans.

Sadly we only rode once, as we were with a 11 year old that wasn't in too coasters, and we felt guilty making her wait with the rest of us again. If it hadn't been for this, I would have gone right back in line.

10/10 from me.

Also, posted wait time was 60 mins, and actual time was 40 mins, with a few extra mins to get front row...worth it.

Just going to add to the overwhelming consensus that this ride was fantastic.
We waited for front row which is highly recommended.
The opening launch with the video projected raptors running beside the train is a nice touch that some will likely miss.
The first half is just a lot of fun, and the Raptor statues work as they are larger then I was expecting. There is also some "dino noises" that give them some life.
The close calls within the rock work adds a lot of tension.
The second half is amazing...starting with that top hat, where you feel huge ejector air time, into that steep drop. While intense, it's over quick enough that I think most will be able to handle.
the first upside down stall is great, and timed just right.
Finally, the "Roll" over the water is the star of the entire attraction. It's my pick for the best roller coaster element I've ever been on personally. You literally feel you will fly into the water. It's quite the thrill.

I just can't believe what a home run this is. The fact that IOA now has Hulk, Hagrid, and this makes for an incredible experience for coaster fans.

Sadly we only rode once, as we were with a 11 year old that wasn't in too coasters, and we felt guilty making her wait with the rest of us again. If it hadn't been for this, I would have gone right back in line.

10/10 from me.

Also, posted wait time was 60 mins, and actual time was 40 mins, with a few extra mins to get front row...worth it.
Yes, our reactions are similar to yours...and, for sure, the roll over the water is my favorite coaster effect that I've experienced in my many decades of riding coasters. I'm no longer much of a coaster fan. They've gotten old for me after riding so many years. But Velocicoaster is really excellent, and the most enjoyable coaster ride I can remember. Smooth as silk. High capacity, fast moving lines, a big plus. Additionally, Universal did a great job of designing it so it didn't intrude, or ruin, the park sightlines. Grand Slam for Universal. ....Even Alene, who is very hard to talk into riding any coaster, loved it. That says a lot for it's appeal to the general public.

Reactions: tielo and JoeCamel
Yes, our reactions are similar to yours...and, for sure, the roll over the water is my favorite coaster effect that I've experienced in my many decades of riding coasters. I'm no longer much of a coaster fan. They've gotten old for me after riding so many years. But Velocicoaster is really excellent, and the most enjoyable coaster ride I can remember. Smooth as silk. High capacity, fast moving lines, a big plus. Additionally, Universal did a great job of designing it so it didn't intrude, or ruin, the park sightlines. Grand Slam for Universal. ....Even Alene, who is very hard to talk into riding any coaster, loved it. That says a lot for it's appeal to the general public.

Have to agree on the sight lines. Despite the size of this thing, you really don't see it unless you are looking for it, even when you are inside the JP island. I'd say the biggest distraction is the outdoor area of 3 Broomsticks, as the ride comes fairly close and you hear screaming quite frequently. Kind of ruins a little bit of the ambiance outside. This is a fun ride to watch however, and you really get excited waiting in line for it.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
From what I’ve seen, I thought the same thing. Obviously a lot of thought went into the coaster layout, and with limited space, kudos to the entire team behind its design and inception. The only negative appears to be how close in proximity it gets to Three Broomsticks. Regardless, the design team did an excellent job with what they had to work with, and any negative is a minor quibble in the grand scale.

We are going tomorrow to meet up with friends from out of state. Can't wait to ride this coaster! Hopefully, the rain gods spare us during our trip.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Got two rides on it now, absolutely incredible attraction. On it’s own as a roller coaster it’s already an awesome ride, but combined with the excellent theming and queue it’s a borderline religious experience.

Wish the merch was better though. Not a fan of the coaster stats all over everything they could put it on. Oh well.

@Mad Dog, Alene, and I hit VC first thing this morning. Alene, who is scared of coasters, LOVED it!

8-C4-DAD8-A.jpg
Initially, we had to coax my fiance,' Alene, to go along and enjoy the queue, and she could turn down riding it at the last moment if she chose. Looking at what occurred on the outside, she was pretty much apprehensive and
fearful. She really didn't want to ride. If Dave wasn't there I don't think she would have even gotten in line, but she trusts his , @Disneyhead , judgement, so she reluctantly went with us into the queue. The line was listed at
apx. 75 minutes, but it moved so fast we were barely able to experience the raptor screen chasing the train and the AA muzzled raptors. I believe that really fast moving line, and the total time was only a fraction of the
posted time, didn't give her enough time to hesitate from riding. Before we knew it we were at load, and she reluctantly boarded. As we rode, and were upside down so often, I privately thought that she was going to hate the ride.
We got off and she had a big smile on her face. She said she loved it and it's the favorite coaster she was ever on. Now she posts photos of it on Facebook, and brags about the coaster big time.

Last edited:
Finally got to ride veloci this past week. Did three rides - back, middle, and front. As someone who thinks back is usually the best way to go I have to say that Veloci is better in the front. Everything about this is a hit PLUS it seems it has taken the heat off of Kong a bit which is nice.