Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

Alright, y'all.

Wow, great review with tons of amazing photos at the bottom! Thanks!

I was a little nervous when Universal replaced Dueling Dragons with Hagrids, and all the talk that Universal wanted to break into Disney's "family friendly" market, I honestly thought the days of Universal building any kind of thrill coaster (at the level of DD and Hulk) were over. So happy to be proven wrong and can't wait for Universal's future :)

I was a little nervous when Universal replaced Dueling Dragons with Hagrids, and all the talk that Universal wanted to break into Disney's "family friendly" market, I honestly thought the days of Universal building any kind of thrill coaster (at the level of DD and Hulk) were over. So happy to be proven wrong and can't wait for Universal's future :)
Universal is moving so much more into being “Disney for Adults” and I absolutely love it.

100% this.

I know you're joking, but way back when the original thread for JP Expansion started back in like 2013 or something, the rumor was it was going to be a wooden mine train type of coaster. I have to think RMC would've probably been their go to for that had those plans not fallen through.
I remember those talks.

I'm perfectly fine with our Intamin Blitz we ended up getting instead

Universal is moving so much more into being “Disney for Adults” and I absolutely love it.
But then I look at SLOP and MK and think, dang they're really going for younger families too haha

EDIT: I just realized this is the review thread, my b

It would be fun if the marketing team put together a new national spot that uses pull quotes from the great reviews. Similar to how the movie studios market a well-received blockbuster.

Rode this yesterday and wow ... what some say, faster and more intense than expected is an understatement, this thing really is wow, what a beautiful beast this is! The greatest thing is how it seems like you will go one way, but then the track twists the other way, and best of all this thing is beyond smooth, no jerking but just perfect motion. Love the freedom the restraints give you, and that Montosaurus roll is absolutely amazing, really makes you feel you might just go under water. Only pity is that from now on it probably will be much longer waits lol. Lockers were interesting, if they can control the flow of people then there should be no issues, especially since there is not much queuing left once passed.

Love to see big coaster fans putting VelociCoaster in the top 1% of coasters in the world!

Beautifully shot video covering what makes this ride so unique.

Hmm, he made an interesting comparison to the RMC Raptor (Wonder Woman Lasso Coaster/Railblazer) when regarding pacing. Looking at the layout, I thought it was going to be as bat s*** insane as those rides in terms of pacing. Those rides give you zero room to breathe.

Then again, that's kind of RMC's thing with their rides. They're absolutely relentless.

Last edited:
It's all subjective. I personally rank several coasters above Velocicoaster, but that's partially because I prefer a non-inverting coaster.

makes sense. I tend to just enjoy the ride when I can. It truly has been a long time since I went to OH for some coaster fun. Having lived in FL most my life, it was a new world to ride stuff like top thrill dragster, Maverick, Millennium Force -- each has something special and they are a lot of fun. I think Maverick might have been my favorite.

What I like about velociCoaster is that it is in FL (yeah!) -- I like that the launch is not as 'rough on the body' to me like Top Thrill or even Hulk/RnR -- but that 2nd launch is just so cool (I am a geek and like hearing the sounds of that launch firing up. Anyway, so many coaster have quiet parts where you are just coasting, Veloci just goes, presents so many elements, it really feels non-stop, no rest, no brake runs to slow you down -- it runs at a nice pace, I found it a great mix of modern rollercoaster design and just a great ride (and my ride was comfortable as heck, I do not ride Hulk anymore and I dislike HRRR (mainly because of the lift hill).

Anyway, it is easy for me to say that this is the best coaster in FL -- but my memory of Maverick tells me I liked it better, but it might have just been that it was my first time on that type of coaster.