KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK but then once the rest of the rethemed land opens what happens in terms of cohesion? Will these remaining attractions just be lumped in with the "new" land even though they aren''t going to be at all related to the new animated IPs that the land are anchored around? E.T. Adventure will be located in a Dreamworks animation land? Ugh. It makes more sense to just zone that courtyard area as part of Hollywood, add some trees and minor Hollywood theming elements and call it a day. Then just move the new land entrance sign over to where the Feivel entrance is now.

With so many years of planning for this area and countless designs thrown in the trash, it will be mighty sad if (on top of not even receiving a new attraction) we're also stuck with the same hideous "expo" courtyard between E.T. and Animal Actors. These never made any sense to be labelled as part of "Kidzone" anyway but now they'll be even MORE out of place and nonsensical for the land on top of being hideous beyond all reason.

We just don't know yet, and I don't think Universal knows yet either.

Strange they keep the coaster, it is as old as Hulk and that thing is retracked. Dualing Dragons, same age, kicked the bucket a while back. If true I don't understand Univeral.

Strange they keep the coaster, it is as old as Hulk and that thing is retracked. Dualing Dragons, same age, kicked the bucket a while back. If true I don't understand Univeral.
DD lost it's gimmick so not much of a coaster, Hulk is part of the Marvel contract but Woody is nothing special so it should be updated

Reactions: Darko
Doesn't Woody only run one train? That's a lot less wear and tear right there. Couple that with the lighter weight of the trains, lighter forces exerted on the track, and much simpler mechanics, it's easy to see why the coaster is still around and in good condition.

I assume Dreamworks Destination will be staying but will receive an overhaul so it will feel more permanent/established.

Interested to see what they do with Curious George Goes To Town, cause I don't know which Dreamworks IP would fit with the ball pit play pin type thing. I guess they could just slap any kid-oriented IP on and it would work lol.

I assume Dreamworks Destination will be staying but will receive an overhaul so it will feel more permanent/established.

Interested to see what they do with Curious George Goes To Town, cause I don't know which Dreamworks IP would fit with the ball pit play pin type thing. I guess they could just slap any kid-oriented IP on and it would work lol.
I haven't seen bad guys but maybe that could work? Hmm Madagascar could work the outside/city be themed to the main characters zoo and the ball pit is themed tocthe penguins, though i know its not a super relevant IP. SpongeBob is another option if Universal wanrw to use outside IP, the balls could be bubbles or jellyfishes.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Doesn't Woody only run one train? That's a lot less wear and tear right there. Couple that with the lighter weight of the trains, lighter forces exerted on the track, and much simpler mechanics, it's easy to see why the coaster is still around and in good condition.
I think it being a kid coaster that does not get super high ridership keeps it saver from the wear and tear of big coasters.

I like that little courtyard, and I imagine I’ll like it more once KidZone signage is gone. Not everything has to be hyper immersive.

That's true and fair enough but the courtyard worked when it was part of World Expo. Springfield being where it is now and Men in Black now on the other side means they have to at least rezone E.T. and Animal Actors into something (if even just for the purposes of the in-park maps). It can't just be "the non immersive courtyard land" with no zone at all.

That's true and fair enough but the courtyard worked when it was part of World Expo. Springfield being where it is now and Men in Black now on the other side means they have to at least rezone E.T. and Animal Actors into something (if even just for the purposes of the in-park maps). It can't just be "the non immersive courtyard land" with no zone at all.

I hope they make it the KidZone courtyard just so the curse lives on.

Feel like the ball factory could be re used for Kung Fu Panda.

It's going to the trash heap.

OK but then once the rest of the rethemed land opens what happens in terms of cohesion? Will these remaining attractions just be lumped in with the "new" land even though they aren''t going to be at all related to the new animated IPs that the land are anchored around? E.T. Adventure will be located in a Dreamworks animation land? Ugh. It makes more sense to just zone that courtyard area as part of Hollywood, add some trees and minor Hollywood theming elements and call it a day. Then just move the new land entrance sign over to where the Feivel entrance is now.

With so many years of planning for this area and countless designs thrown in the trash, it will be mighty sad if (on top of not even receiving a new attraction) we're also stuck with the same hideous "expo" courtyard between E.T. and Animal Actors. These never made any sense to be labelled as part of "Kidzone" anyway but now they'll be even MORE out of place and nonsensical for the land on top of being hideous beyond all reason.
I mean, cohesion is kinda out the window in that area anyway. If ET/Animal Actors/Spongebob are "shifted" to be part of Hollywood.. that just means you have to walk through Central Park to get from one side of Hollywood to the other, lol.

Wasn't there a rumor back around SNW/Kidzone times that they'd reconfigure ET to actually have the entrance in Hollywood?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Wouldn’t Animal Actors and ET just fall into the name of the new land..? No different than how they are currently in Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone?
Nearly all of the plans from the last 10 years to replace that land, had an entry arch right about where the little stage is located in front of ET now, facing to the left. So the land doesnt start until after ET, leaving that, SpongeBob, Pizza, and Animals technically outside of the land proper. Even SNW, which would have replaced Animal Actors, would have excluded ET, SpongBob and Pizza, giving them a teensy sliver of a pathway to access beside the extra tall land.

Nearly all of the plans from the last 10 years to replace that land, had an entry arch right about where the little stage is located in front of ET now, facing to the left. So the land doesnt start until after ET, leaving that, SpongeBob, Pizza, and Animals technically outside of the land proper. Even SNW, which would have replaced Animal Actors, would have excluded ET, SpongBob and Pizza, giving them a teensy sliver of a pathway to access beside the extra tall land.
It's strange to think about now, but am I the only one that's kinda glad SNW is being saved for EU?

That area would have looked so, so weird in USF.

It'll be called "Speilberg's Untouchable Plot"

It'll be called "Speilberg's Untouchable Plot"
I've always called that side of the park Spielberg's corner. It was so fun to have JAWS (director,) MiB (Exec Prod,) BttF (Exec Prod,) Fievel (Exec Prod,) ET (director) and even when Jurassic Park was planned for where MiB is, it woulda kept the motif going.

And, strangely enough... if DreamWorks is replacing KidZone... that company was co-founded by... Spielberg!

Status
Not open for further replies.