KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which will be in KidZone not a new land in Epic.
Someone mentioned that a parade shed behind KZ was demoed for what would have been the Mario Kart show building if the original KZ replacement plans went through. But recent rumors have had a dark ride rumored to be using the SLOP ride system from USH with a Trolls coat of paint going in the part of KZ near where the DreamWorks destination is currently. Maybe they could build a C-D ticket ride (Webslingers/Midway Mania style attraction) in that spot and then do an E ticket where the parade shed used to be. Shrek could be one of those rides. If Puss in Boots leads to a Shrek revival proper, I would imagine Universal would want to give Shrek a proper dark ride if it does well at the box office.

Someone mentioned that a parade shed behind KZ was demoed for what would have been the Mario Kart show building if the original KZ replacement plans went through. But recent rumors have had a dark ride rumored to be using the SLOP ride system from USH with a Trolls coat of paint going in the part of KZ near where the DreamWorks destination is currently. Maybe they could build a C-D ticket ride (Webslingers/Midway Mania style attraction) in that spot and then do an E ticket where the parade shed used to be. Shrek could be one of those rides. If Puss in Boots leads to a Shrek revival proper, I would imagine Universal would want to give Shrek a proper dark ride if it does well at the box office.
Can confirm that the old parade shed is definitely still there lol

big-bad-wolf-holiday-universal-studios-florida.jpg

Kung Fu Panda isn't going there.
Is this a new development? Or just part of what we've thought was coming to KidZone (i.e. play areas, meet-and-greets, and a rethemed Woody coaster)?
That second part. Just me saying I think it's happening for the Panda. Although, we should probably take this discussion to the proper thread.

From the other thread: Continuing the convo over here. KFP as a theme/IP for Kidzone. So we have rumored, Trolls, and Panda. Maybe Madagascar and Shrek? How many IPs would people like to see?

When I was talking about plans for DreamWorks taking over the area back over the summer, the rumors had Trolls as solid, Shrek as probably, and either Kung Fu Panda OR Madagascar as the third. Lately I’ve heard they went with Kung Fu Panda, so it looks like Screamscape was right on Nov 1.
They're all I.Ps currently in use, so it makes sense.

KFP 4 is happening in 2024 so makes perfect sense to include them. I’m just hoping the theming is a big higher than currently, and I don’t mean just more “modern”. I feel kid attractions get an excuse to be “cheaper” from an executive standpoint and I just hope we get some great facades.

I think “Dreamworks Village” sounds nice.

Reactions: mainejeff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts