KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of sealed the deal in my view if they're closing the old entrance this early before so much of the new Kidzone is installed. I don't see a scenario where they WOULDN'T permanently shift the entrance (at least a bit) to give more separation from the new Dreamworks area. Why would they close the old entrance this early if the plan was to just do concrete work and reopen it? The area directly on the other side of the wall is already ripped up and will be built using concrete pathways designed for the new Dreamworks themed land (that E.T. will obviously not be a part of.)

If it was truly just a general refurb with no design or routing changes and the plan was to just match the concrete work in the new area directly next to it, they would be doing this much closer to the opening of the new land.

Seems pretty clear to me despite everyone saying it's not happening. Wouldn't it be spectacular to give the Hollywood area a proper ride with a beautiful new themed entrance? I'm routing for it!

This kind of sealed the deal in my view if they're closing the old entrance this early before so much of the new Kidzone is installed. I don't see a scenario where they WOULDN'T permanently shift the entrance (at least a bit) to give more separation from the new Dreamworks area. Why would they close the old entrance this early if the plan was to just do concrete work and reopen it? The area directly on the other side of the wall is already ripped up and will be built using concrete pathways designed for the new Dreamworks themed land (that E.T. will obviously not be a part of.)

If it was truly just a general refurb with no design or routing changes and the plan was to just match the concrete work in the new area directly next to it, they would be doing this much closer to the opening of the new land.

Seems pretty clear to me despite everyone saying it's not happening. Wouldn't it be spectacular to give the Hollywood area a proper ride with a beautiful new themed entrance? I'm routing for it!
I'm hoping they can use the Garden of Allah as a new entrance and add it to the Hollywood lineup, but I'm not entirely sure if this project means that's happening just yet.

I really thought the concrete work/tree and planter removal was meant to expand that narrow walkway while KZ is closed. I guess that can still be true, but this entrance closure definitely adds curiosity.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I would love a new entrance for ET.

Hollywood having a lineup of ET, Bourne, and Horror Makeup Show could make it arguably the best non-Diagon land.
I really love just walking through Hollywood. Pair it up with being close to the Today Cafe. I would probably ride ET more if it was accessible from that area. Is that possible?

I don't see how making a new entrance at Garden of Allah or Hollywood would be feasible. I love the idea of it but it seems like quite a pain. What is more realistic is a better themed facade in the spot of the current entrance.

It's 100% feasible, it's just easier to say no and not spend money on doing it.

Pretty sure it’s only temporary with nearby KidZone work.
I was originally gonna ask about permits. I’m curious if something like Despicable Me’s facade work needs/has a permit. Alicia’s answer points to that being an unnecessary convo. She is the permit princess after all.

I'm hoping they can use the Garden of Allah as a new entrance and add it to the Hollywood lineup, but I'm not entirely sure if this project means that's happening just yet.
It's 100% feasible, it's just easier to say no and not spend money on doing it.

I mean... where will backstage services, character entry, and KidZone Pizza get its supplies? What about the exit?

I mean... where will backstage services, character entry, and KidZone Pizza get its supplies? What about the exit?

KidZone Pizza is open at most for maybe 2 weeks out of the year. HHN can easily move Pizza Fries to Cafe La Bamba during event nights. Any other uses for the kitchen like Mardi Gras/holidays, could be moved elsewhere.

Spongebob moves merch, but not enough to require access to backstage areas every single minute.

My line of thinking is a rather simple hallway/path that connects the Gardens of Allah to the current area where the ET store is. It's not a difficult job, just requires some investment. You can keep the current bland extended queue.

There's no impact on emergency access or anything else that requires substantial work back there. You can easily fit a pathway with standby, express, and an exit path right behind the Spongebob/Pizza Company building. Only negative thing I can think of is they will need to pump extra ET forest scent when passing the restroom.

1681836197117.png

Reactions: SpatulaShack
I think y’all are overthinking it. I dont think this has anything to do with improving ET’s entrance. Probably just repaving area that connects where the recently demolished Fievel area to ET’s courtyard and it’s encroaching on guest areas temporarily while they work in that immediate area. They could also be redoing pipes/drainage nearby, but until we see the ET sign come down, I doubt this is about that.

I'd close the Pizza Company and use the building for the new pathway to the existing "preshow/lobby" area. Exit back through the same way.

Character entry can move to other side of ET.

I think y’all are overthinking it. I dont think this has anything to do with improving ET’s entrance. Probably just repaving area that connects where the recently demolished Fievel area to ET’s courtyard and it’s encroaching on guest areas temporarily while they work in that immediate area. They could also be redoing pipes/drainage nearby, but until we see the ET sign come down, I doubt this is about that.
Also, think this is the likely case, but it's fun to discuss. :lol:

Figured I'd share this as well, when Nintendo was originally coming.

I'd close the Pizza Company and use the building for the new pathway to the existing "preshow/lobby" area. Exit back through the same way.

Character entry can move to other side of ET.

Also, think this is the likely case, but it's fun to discuss. :lol:

Figured I'd share this as well, when Nintendo was originally coming.

"...things should get interesting immediately following Halloween Horror Nights 27."

man time has flown lol

Not the ET thread but Botanicus was working yesterday when I rode. As much as I would love an expanded queue experience I think Alicia is right and this is mostly gonna be pavement work for the kidzone project. Im hopeful it leads to more love for ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.