KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am glad it is not going into the studios. I feel the studios should try to hold on to the studio/set/location/city aesthetic it currently has. I feel SMW belongs in a more fanciful park and I cant wait to see it in EU.
Ironically that area is being turned into Dreamworks mini-lands

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I, for one, am glad it is not going into the studios. I feel the studios should try to hold on to the studio/set/location/city aesthetic it currently has. I feel SMW belongs in a more fanciful park and I cant wait to see it in EU.
When has the KidZone area ever fit within that aesthetic/theme you are describing and how would SNW have been too much different, especially since it's becoming a Dreamworkds land as @shiekra38 pointed out?

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
When has the KidZone area ever fit within that aesthetic/theme you are describing and how would SNW have been too much different, especially since it's becoming a Dreamworkds land as @shiekra38 pointed out?
It hasn't, and it will continue not to, but in fairness I do understand the position that at least Dreamworks is a company that makes movies. Nintendo has the Mario film as of a few weeks ago, but they are still primarily a video game brand. EU absolutely fits better than Studios imo, and Dreamworks Destination or whatever is an okay addition to Studios on a theming level.

Though on a very different note, I remember finding it especially funny that the Shrek 4-D facade was effectively theming it as the Soundstage where the computer-animated movie Shrek was filmed. :lmao: That was a fun dumb quirk, especially once a gigantic military base moved next door. USF theming is a mess and I love it.

Reactions: DodgsonHere
My advocacy for Super Nintendo World to go into the KidZone area stemmed entirely from the good its attractions line-up would have done for the overall park offerings (in my opinion), but I also don't think it would have been some radical break from the "studios" theme of the park... given that much of that theme had already been watered-down.

The modern application of "studios" is probably loose enough to encompass anything that is an entertainment brand.

Last edited:
Just curious, are there any plans to redo the interior of DreamWorks destination? I ask that because if they don't redo it I wonder if DWD will be demoed for part of a Simpsons replacement. On the Simpsons thread it was speculated that AA and even FFB could go off alongside the Simpsons for a massive new attraction. And if you take out DWD as well it can be even bigger.

Just curious, are there any plans to redo the interior of DreamWorks destination? I ask that because if they don't redo it I wonder if DWD will be demoed for part of a Simpsons replacement. On the Simpsons thread it was speculated that AA and even FFB could go off alongside the Simpsons for a massive new attraction. And if you take out DWD as well it can be even bigger.

Hopefully. It was a terrible excuse for an attraction. I’d be stunned if there’s not a new show put in there

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Bro.

It was speculated by who?

Reactions: salismetho
It was speculated by who?
@Nico. A majority of us are wondering if it is possible The Simpsons Ride plot and Springfield at large gets massively reconfigured for a new attraction and area when the contract expires post EU opening. @Brian G. said he thinks Animal Actors will go some point after the KZ revamp. If AA does depart as well some point into the future, what would they replace it with if any DreamWorks dark ride is going in towards the back of the land as speculated by @Alicia? To me at least, this is the logic to why I personally think the Simpsons replacement could end up taking over AA and maybe FFB but I don't think they would want to get rid of a money maker in a food court.

@Nico. A majority of us are wondering if it is possible The Simpsons Ride plot and Springfield at large gets massively reconfigured for a new attraction and area when the contract expires post EU opening. @Brian G. said he thinks Animal Actors will go some point after the KZ revamp. If AA does depart as well some point into the future, what would they replace it with if any DreamWorks dark ride is going in towards the back of the land as speculated by @Alicia? To me at least, this is the logic to why I personally think the Simpsons replacement could end up taking over AA and maybe FFB but I don't think they would want to get rid of a money maker in a food court.
You're overthinking literally everything that you mentioned.

You're overthinking literally everything that you mentioned.
Yes I know I have a habit of doing that when I armchair or try to armchair imagineer attraction replacement ideas. Let's just say for now any Simpsons replacement will largely take the place of the current plot and expand into the queue and leave it at that until we get more concrete rumors of a Simpsons and Springfield replacement.

Yes I know I have a habit of doing that when I armchair or try to armchair imagineer attraction replacement ideas. Let's just say for now any Simpsons replacement will largely take the place of the current plot and expand into the queue and leave it at that until we get more concrete rumors of a Simpsons and Springfield replacement.
No Simpsons replacement exists.

Reactions: Nico
I appreciate the enthusiasm, but you're just piecing so many things that is mostly (at this point and time) here say of what "might" happen years down the line. If you do wish to continue posting on the subject, you can do so in the thread below. This thread is for the current work that is taking place in KidZone.

Status
Not open for further replies.