Knott's Berry Farm | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully when they say 13 haunted attractions, they mean full-on walk throughs, and not rides or Skeleton Key-exclusive ones

No Skeleton Key rooms? Could this mean Trapped is returning?

Considering the Mazes section on the website only shows nine slots, I'm going to say no on "no skeleton key rooms".

13 attractions = nine mazes plus four skeleton key rooms, just like last year. Should be interesting to see what this years SK rooms will be, I felt last year they were on the right track with Visions, Zozo and Prey. For me the only dud was Slasher since that felt like a nice pre-show/build up to a maze, problem was there was no maze attached to it.

Reactions: Octobers Fade
What is the possibility that the creative team will turn last year's Skeleton Key rooms (slasher, zozo, prey, and visions) into full mazes this year

None, the only one that could maybe be a full maze was slasher

I gotta' agree with foodstamps here, as I've said before Slasher's SK room felt like a nice pre-show to a maze. An' it's certainly a concept that can work just fine as a full blown maze.

As for the other three, they were more self contained as a little experience.
Zozo - I honestly don't see how they can expand that beyond what was shown, the entire theme/concept revolved around summoning Zozo from the Oujia board.

For both Visions and Prey, you could make the experiences larger...but not as your normal walk through maze. The augmented reality tech of Visions is pretty much contained to exploring a room or two, where you have the time to stop and hold up the tablet to something for it to work. Can't do that in a maze where you have to keep moving.

As for Prey, while they showed off the lanterns, the focus on that was finding your way out. So that concept can't be a regular maze, it has to be a upcharge experience no matter what. Now as for the lanterns, you could apply that alone in a regular maze...which is exactly what Trick or Treat: Lights Out is doing with the flashlight tech.

*UPDATE*

Looks like over at Midsummer Scream, Knott's has a booth where they're showing clues for this years new mazes. An' thanks to the Theme Park Duo, we have pictures of those clues.

For this first batch of clues, kinda' hard to say. With the tickets it's probably some sort of theater, perhaps a puppet theater?

Now for the second batch of clues...

I think we're going to have a throwback/update to the classic Mother Nooses's Scary Tales maze from 1992.

Last edited:
Reactions: foodstampsFTW
Meant to post this last night, but I was looking at knotts tickets in general yesterday and decided to check scary farm stuff, and they had dates and tickets on sale, more interesting to me, was that fright and fast lane were combined into the same pass instead of sold separately, and also there is something called the all inclusive ticket which includes parking, boofet and fright+fast lane. Has this always been there or am I breaking something. If it hasn't been announced then do you think they were gonna unveil it today at Midsummer.

Booked our all inclusive Tickets!
And Queen Mary Dark Harbor as well, haunt season is on!!

Considering the Mazes section on the website only shows nine slots, I'm going to say no on "no skeleton key rooms".

13 attractions = nine mazes plus four skeleton key rooms, just like last year. Should be interesting to see what this years SK rooms will be, I felt last year they were on the right track with Visions, Zozo and Prey. For me the only dud was Slasher since that felt like a nice pre-show/build up to a maze, problem was there was no maze attached to it.
Glad the SK rooms are there, loved them at SCarowinds.

Glad the SK rooms are there, loved them at SCarowinds.

Well I do have to add a "*" to that, since it did hit me they actually might not. While they announced 13 Haunted Attractions, there are four scare zones which would make the 13 when you add them to the nine mazes. So it'll all depend weather they're counting the scare zones seperately from the 13 attractions, or including them. If it's the former, then yeah I do feel there'll be a return of the SK rooms. Either way, we'll definitely know for sure during their annual presentation where they'll reveal everything.

Knott's has started teasing the 2018 attraction. Also rumors suggest that the name of the ride is going to be "Hangtime"

Hmmm…..I like that name; more so than "The Ledge" as it was originally speculated to be called.
Personally curious, has anyone answered if the Infinity Coaster may have elements from something like Takishiba of stuff like the Banana roll or the 121 degree drop?
Eh…..IDK. It was hinted earlier by Galin that it would be about 230ft high. I'm hoping for a cross between Lagoon's Cannibal and Takishiba. I would really love to have that indoor element that Taki and Smiler have at the beginning.

We're getting a Eurofighter, as far as I know, the name is still "The Ledge". Whatever the height ends up, hopefully it's at least fun. It's possible this also may take notes from Smiler and have two lifts. I'm hearing 150 - 215 ft.

Reactions: Freak
We're getting a Eurofighter, as far as I know, the name is still "The Ledge". Whatever the height ends up, hopefully it's at least fun. It's possible this also may take notes from Smiler and have two lifts. I'm hearing 150 - 215 ft.
So this sounds like a cross between the Smiler at Alton Towers and the Monster at Adventureland….both of which are technically Infinity coasters. This sounds like this will be a great ride, especially if we end up with duel lifts.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm so confused... Are we saying Knotts is getting a new coaster?

Also, why don't we have a sub-forum/thread for "Knotts Scary Farm"? We really should separate the daytime park with the haunt event like we do with HHN... just sayin.

Reactions: Octobers Fade