Knott's Berry Farm | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get that but can't we just as easily catch it from these events?

I'm for outside events but just begs the question what's the difference? If one person comes and spreads it, then the only difference I see is less people are affected but we need to not have it at all...so just have to ask.

I will of course bring masks and be 6 feet apart, so hoping I don't catch it but.....someone will break the rules

I didn't say it would be safer, I just mentioned from an operational standpoint them opening a small section of the park and not operating attractions is cheaper. Like I said above, having a hard ticket price at the door helps them keep capacity where they feel comfortable, thus theoretically making it easier to enforce the rules.

Shows off how the event looks and what area's are open. Not the best video if you want to have someone talk about food but I mainly just wanted to see what this looked like....seems like a good time for 25 bucks

The event sold out for every day...I'd make a bet that we will see another event like it next month and for Universal/Disney to try events similar at some point soon as well.

As of around 8 pm, all days were sold out side except for the last day, Sunday the 26th. I got my ticket for that day and now it looks like the entire event is sold out.

I went on Saturday.

Pluses: nice to be back in Knott's, most wearing masks, employees were diligent about cleaning and making sure lines were socially distanced, food overall good

Minuses: LINES WERE INSANELY LONG. Average wait time per food station as 45 minutes. If this was truly 10% of capacity, they need to recalculate capacity. A few guests wearing masks with noses out.

I get that the lines will be long because of social distances, but that shouldn't mean the waits should be 45 minutes. It took us an hour to get a funnel cake.

Pro tip: Even on this very crowded day, there were lots of open tables in the shade by the Charleston fountain. Probably because it's pretty far off from most food places, but I think it's worth the walk.

Reactions: Stryker
To those who went to Taste of Calico, what time did you go? Is there a lunch or dinner rush with the mid-afternoon being slower?

I'm going this Sunday, but only got myself a ticket with the intention of grabbing all the tastings and enjoying it outside with the rest of my family. If lines are that long, I could be making them wait for hours, not to mention the food will get cold. I might have to just get what I can from the shortest lines and maybe grab 1-2 tastings at a time and hand it off to my family at the exit so I don't have to go through security again.

Also, as of now, next Friday and Saturday are sold out. I can see the rest of the days selling out by the weekend. I wonder if Knott's is considering expanding the event through Labor Day to the rest of the park and have a full-blown Boysenberry Festival/Summer Nights with expanded food and beverage tastings.

Went today at 3:30 and the lines were extremely short. Never waited more than 5 minutes. Got 4 tastings within 30 minutes. It felt surreal to be able to step inside a theme park again, even if the rides weren't running.

Had the pastrami on pretzel bun, 100 jars of jam beer, strawberry swirl popping boba, boysenberry sausage and funnel cake with boysenberry topping. All were pretty good, but the pastrami sandwich was my favorite.

Employees did a wonderful job of keeping social distancing and proper mask wearing in order. Felt safer here than at a supermarket. Great job Knott's! Hope to see more events like this until the park can fully open!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Went today at 3:30 and the lines were extremely short. Never waited more than 5 minutes. Got 4 tastings within 30 minutes. It felt surreal to be able to step inside a theme park again, even if the rides weren't running.

Had the pastrami on pretzel bun, 100 jars of jam beer, strawberry swirl popping boba, boysenberry sausage and funnel cake with boysenberry topping. All were pretty good, but the pastrami sandwich was my favorite.

Employees did a wonderful job of keeping social distancing and proper mask wearing in order. Felt safer here than at a supermarket. Great job Knott's! Hope to see more events like this until the park can fully open!
That's great to hear, I'm going next Sunday and hoping for a similar experience

Ive seen some video's saying the lines took too long, so not sure if they got more people to work or today people left before 3, lol

Reactions: Stryker
That's great to hear, I'm going next Sunday and hoping for a similar experience

Ive seen some video's saying the lines took too long, so not sure if they got more people to work or today people left before 3, lol

Definitely was not my experience today. Lines might be longer on a Saturday as that's typical if the fully park was open. There was no line to go through the temperature scan and metal detectors. I'd say Sunday mid-afternoon is a perfect time to go. Enjoy it, man! Yeah, CityWalk and Downtown Disney is open, but for this event, you can actually step foot into the theme park. This is probably some of the safest non-essential things you can do for a theme park fan in SoCal right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
Definitely was not my experience today. Lines might be longer on a Saturday as that's typical if the fully park was open. There was no line to go through the temperature scan and metal detectors. I'd say Sunday mid-afternoon is a perfect time to go. Enjoy it, man! Yeah, CityWalk and Downtown Disney is open, but for this event, you can actually step foot into the theme park. This is probably some of the safest non-essential things you can do for a theme park fan in SoCal right now.
Yeah, I'm excited to go in and enjoy myself, also going to DTD since why not I'm near it.

I'm also hoping us supporting this event gets us a Scary Farm themed event in October (not like mazes but decorations and music)

Knott's has expanded the food event to other parts of the park, including Fiesta Village and the Boardwalk. Tickets and tasting cards are on sale now.

Knotts Adds two weeks to the first event and now runs a second Event

Disney...Universal and Six Flags "We've got nothing"

Reactions: Mad Dog
This basically confirms to me that they probably dont intend to stop having these events anytime soon. Who knows, maybe some time after september theyll swap over to a Taste of Haunt event during the time that Scary Farm would have been happening? (Wishful thinking). Either way, I'm glad theyre extending it, since I didnt end up going during the Taste of Calico iteration, but this sounds like an expansion upon that so I dont really regret waiting.

This basically confirms to me that they probably dont intend to stop having these events anytime soon. Who knows, maybe some time after september theyll swap over to a Taste of Haunt event during the time that Scary Farm would have been happening? (Wishful thinking). Either way, I'm glad theyre extending it, since I didnt end up going during the Taste of Calico iteration, but this sounds like an expansion upon that so I dont really regret waiting.

I can easily see them doing a fall event that incorporates elements of Scary Farm. A Merry Farm tasting event seems like a slam dunk as well. I'm glad to see that Knott's has found something that works for them.

Genuinely wondering. What’s the difference between having these events with only the food booths vs opening some rides with distancing measures? I don’t really see a major COVID advantage of one over the other (both of which with proper regulations should be pretty safe).

Reactions: Clive
Knott's is always one to think outside the box a bit. While I'd guess that Haunt as we know it will be canceled, I wouldn't put it past them to come up with some sort of alternative event. After all, they enjoy taking some unusual approaches: Trapped, shooting mazes, and VR experiences to name a few. This situation may bring out a creative solution.

Reactions: Clive
Genuinely wondering. What’s the difference between having these events with only the food booths vs opening some rides with distancing measures? I don’t really see a major COVID advantage of one over the other (both of which with proper regulations should be pretty safe).

If I had to guess, it is probably a lot more cost effective for them to only have staff on for the festival. It's also easier for them to manage guests without worrying about the attraction queues, training employees on policy, etc.

If these types of events continue we may even see some attractions start to open but I think right now they are just doing what they feel comfortable with operationally.