Knott's Berry Farm | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just genuinely can't see how you can justify a 2024 window at all for this. Especially as I don't think we necessarily know the timeframe of when they dropped Kumbak; right?

I want to be wrong, even if it's a bare bones.

I just genuinely can't see how you can justify a 2024 window at all for this. Especially as I don't think we necessarily know the timeframe of when they dropped Kumbak; right?

I want to be wrong, even if it's a bare bones.
If they can wipe out a kiddie coaster and a flat, build and open a small family coaster in less than a year, I think rebuilding half of an already existing coaster that's nothing more than two spikes, a loop, and a lunch track and opening it next year is very reasonable.

I'm just preparing myself, I'm just as bummed as anyone on the delay. I am REALLY upset it did not open this year. I do not want to wait until 2025 im just preparing myself for it to happen. Im buying my 2024 pass full mentally prepared for no Monte that way I dont get upset.

However, once Knotts gets Xcelerator and Monte running plus an updated Camp Snoopy, the park will be in its best shape since Cedar Fair took over, easy! Im just trying to focus on seeing the bright sunshine ahead

Ghostrider and Pony Express are back up and running, leaving just Xcelerator and Montezooma down. The good news: Ghostrider is running great and… Xcelerator was testing all morning. It appeared, though I’m not positive, that they were training employees.

A good sign!
I have heard they are really pushing for Xcellerator to be open by the time Scary Farm starts. They have a few weeks left to pull it off. Here’s to hoping!

Went to the park today, did see Xcelerator testing, with lots of staff being trained on the platform.

Also asked guest relations about their new Prestige Pass, and there were some interesting answers... some good, some bad. The good: You will get preferred parking included, or general if you wish to park in another lot (say, closer to Soak City). There will be a dedicated entrance gate for the first two hours of each day. And something else the website didn't mention, but there will be some sort of VIP lounge. They had no details about where, or what sort of benefits it'll have, but I'd imagine something similar to the ones at SF, which offer an inside place to sit, charge devices, and grab some free snacks. However, we have no idea for sure. They said other Cedar Fair parks already have them... haven't heard that, anyone know more about that and what they're like?

The bad: that one free FastLane per visit they're advertising? At this time, it's only for Ghostrider, Pony Express, and Log Ride. That's it. And even then, only after 2pm. The guest relations staff member themself said they thought it was pretty deceiving. However, they also said it's possible that more attractions could be added later on. But at the moment, it's pretty limiting. So don't get too excited about that--can you imagine what the Fastlane line for Ghostrider will look like at 2pm if this stays the case? Also strange they didn't at least include Hangtime.

That said, I always take this info with a grain of salt. I remember at the end of 2022, we tried to renew our drink mug, and Guest Relations claimed with absolute certainty that the refillable mug program was being discontinued. Well, that definitely didn't happen, but it was odd how sure they seemed at the time.

Also, this was an odd quirk that won't affect many people, but I kind of didn't want a new card, because I had the Platinum Pass with the 100th Anniversary logo on it. But in a strange twist, it turns out that the computer system they have for some reason isn't yet set up to exchange a Platinum Pass for the Prestige Pass. So they were able to load my Prestige Pass onto my Platinum card. My husband's Gold card was able to upgrade, so he had to switch cards.

I have the Prestige Pass while the rest of my family have Gold. The Preferred Parking, VIP Lounge and preferred entrance don’t work until 2024. Other perks are effective immediately.

I asked three diff associates about how the singe use Fast Lane works and all three said it only worked for three rides but all three told me three diff rides it’ll work on and it may rotate rides in and out periodically. It’s new so not everyone is on the same page.

However, the verbiage says “at any Fast Lane attraction” so I’m gonna go with that if any attendant wants to argue I can’t use it there. The nice thing is it’s a printed paper ticket so it’s completely shareable. I let my younger son use it for Jaguar on one visit and my older son for GhostRider on a diff visit. Totally worth the extra cost for Prestige for my situation.

98B8F1B1-3A7A-4008-A412-F396F59528DC.jpeg

How do you get the paper ticket? And were you able to use it any time? It's so odd they specified after 2pm when we asked. I get it a bit at USH being after 3pm, as they want to get as many of the VIP groups through first... but Knott's doesn't have that circumstance, so it seemed pretty random

Also curious to know if that perk would work at other Cedar Fair parks, or if you'd need the all park add on to make it work elsewhere

How do you get the paper ticket? And were you able to use it any time? It's so odd they specified after 2pm when we asked. I get it a bit at USH being after 3pm, as they want to get as many of the VIP groups through first... but Knott's doesn't have that circumstance, so it seemed pretty random

Also curious to know if that perk would work at other Cedar Fair parks, or if you'd need the all park add on to make it work elsewhere
You can get it wherever they sell single use Fast Lane passes like at the ride’s FunPix exit or select retail locations. Apparently, they do that now like Disney’s Individual Lightning Lane. I got mine at the General Store in Ghost Town. Just go to the register and ask to redeem your single use Fast Lane pass and have them scan your pass.

I’ve never heard anything about usage only valid after a certain time and nowhere on the pass indicates that.

From what I remember reading, if you do the All Parks add-on, your Prestige perks will be valid at other CF parks if they offer those equivalent perks.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I think I figured out the single-use Fast Lane thingy. As I previously mentioned, they're now selling single-use Fast Lane passes for $20, 22.50 and $25 depending on the ride (season pass discounts don't apply). They don't start selling them until 2pm. They offer them for three rides which can be rotated periodically. I believe it's currently being offered for GhostRider, Pony Express and Log Ride. Once Xcelerator opens, it may replace Pony Express. This is only you purchase it yourself.

The single-use Fast Lane pass per visit from the Prestige Pass should have no restrictions and can be used at any attraction that offers Fast Lane and can be used at any time even before 2pm.

I think that's what caused the confusion among different associates when it comes to purchasing single-use Fast Lane and redeeming it with your Prestige Pass.

Man, I dislike how theme parks are being run after covid

They were not perfect before but feels like Companies really are squeezing every penny and...it feels like it will never be enough for these companies

knott's is no longer operating the railroad on weekdays. no idea if this is a seasonal thing or a permanent change, but it stinks out loud!

View attachment 19804
Oh no I got scared for a moment thinking it was the Calico RR.

I think this is normal or has been for the last decade or so. The Grand Sierra Railroad is the miniature railway out in Camp Snoopy, I think they close on weekdays during non-peak seasons.

It was rumored Xcelerator was going to reopen for Haunt. It certainly was testing, but any updates if it'll be ready by then? If so, you'd think they'd be promoting that more, so I'm not so sure now.

Also curious to know why La Revolution has been down for so long.

It was rumored Xcelerator was going to reopen for Haunt. It certainly was testing, but any updates if it'll be ready by then? If so, you'd think they'd be promoting that more, so I'm not so sure now.

Also curious to know why La Revolution has been down for so long.
At this point I’m expecting Xcellerator to be either open the day of haunt at the earliest or in October. They just can’t seem to open this ride.

From Screamscape:

So what’s going on at Knott’s this week? Pictures posted from the Camp Snoopy area show some new concrete has been poured, but so far no obvious development for any future new attractions. According to previous rumors, the announcement about what is coming to Camp Snoopy was not expected to take place until sometime in October, possibly later in the month as the end of Knott’s Scary Farm approaches.

If the rumors hold true, this may also be when we find out exactly what Cedar Fair has decided to do about the stalled Montezooma’s Revenge refurbishment project. So far, things are not looking good and unfortunately Knott’s may be forced to make a very tough decision that no one wants to make. Stay tuned!

And the dream of Xcelerator opening in time for Scary Farm has died. The good news is that Pony Express is back up and running, though it’s had two prolonged downtimes in the past few months so they may still be fighting some gremlins.

Reactions: Clive
And the dream of Xcelerator opening in time for Scary Farm has died. The good news is that Pony Express is back up and running, though it’s had two prolonged downtimes in the past few months so they may still be fighting some gremlins.

The interesting thing on Xcelerator is from what RyanTheme Park has gathered; and if it's accurate--it spells you to wonder how long it's gonna take until they throw the towel and get Zamperla to redo the launch.

The interesting thing on Xcelerator is from what RyanTheme Park has gathered; and if it's accurate--it spells you to wonder how long it's gonna take until they throw the towel and get Zamperla to redo the launch.

this might give some insight into their thought process regarding Montezooma. I have a hard time believing they’ll be willing to commit to what are essentially two very expensive refurbishments.