Knott's Berry Farm | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Snoopy’s Tenderpaw Twister is the only family coaster that takes parents and kids up a lift hill and delivers a pint-sized launch, making this a first, big coaster experience for everyone.
Ummm. . .
aahozea

This allllll looks great.....I just want a Dark ride

I hope they are considering it, I feel like that is the one thing this land is lacking

New coaster looks cute....the swing ride is fine kinda looks generic woods but kids will like it. I hope the train getting more characters/gag's to look at

I want a Dark Ride more than anything there issue is space. Ive done all the measurements and you'd basically have to take out everything left of the river/rock waterfall area to even fit a small dark ride and the queue needed.

That's why in my dreams, the expanded ghost town area behind Ghostrider, I always imagine a family land there with a family Vekoma boomerang, and 2 kids flats over there, thus allowing the space to take out Mud pits, The Ferris wheel/Swing area, candy shop, Tugboat, drink stand etc. and build a dark ride. A perfect world its a mountain rock facade that blocks the outside of the park, creates a tunnel for the Stagecoach (if possible) and adds a new cool entrance Knotts sign for Beach blvd corner on the opposite side.

I want a Dark Ride more than anything there issue is space. Ive done all the measurements and you'd basically have to take out everything left of the river/rock waterfall area to even fit a small dark ride and the queue needed.

That's why in my dreams, the expanded ghost town area behind Ghostrider, I always imagine a family land there with a family Vekoma boomerang, and 2 kids flats over there, thus allowing the space to take out Mud pits, The Ferris wheel/Swing area, candy shop, Tugboat, drink stand etc. and build a dark ride. A perfect world its a mountain rock facade that blocks the outside of the park, creates a tunnel for the Stagecoach (if possible) and adds a new cool entrance Knotts sign for Beach blvd corner on the opposite side.
Welllllll with a certain coaster now closed forever....they could use that space and have enough room for a Dark ride

There is in no way enough room for a dark ride in the narrow Montezuma space.
Two Story it like SLOP and re route the little train ride for more room.

I'm sure one of the flatrides near by can be moved or just be gone for a real dark ride at Knotts after like 30 years

You are grossly misjudging how much space Montezuma really gives Jerrodd.

1701980186628.png

Even if they can do another attraction--the queue and setup of Montezuma is incredibly small. As in, .14 acres; excluding the portion (the very thin portion that it is) of the track, and how tight that passage really is.

The only things that could really go into Montezuma, is either another kind of a thin and narrow shuttle coaster, or perhaps as @ethanuniversal is deducing (and that I agree), is part of a larger initiative to give the Beagle Railroad an extended runtime.

Trust me--I hate this. This is a baffling decision that I can only guess is of Knotts out of options when it comes to what they can really do with that area; but I would not be shocked if Ethan is right, and it is infact being used for the railroad extension that Camp Snoopy is seemingly getting.

Yeah the land would need to lose two flat rides at least

I hope they can do it one day, I'll die on the Hill that while coasters are cool Knotts needs to do more to get people to come to the park

Like if you want coaster Six Flags has more, you have kids Disneyland is better, Universal has more E tickets and IPs.....Knotts is the little park that can but I think it needs more then just another coaster or flat ride with minimum theming

Yeah the land would need to lose two flat rides at least

I hope they can do it one day, I'll die on the Hill that while coasters are cool Knotts needs to do more to get people to come to the park

Like if you want coaster Six Flags has more, you have kids Disneyland is better, Universal has more E tickets and IPs.....Knotts is the little park that can but I think it needs more then just another coaster or flat ride with minimum theming

They already have two of some of the best dark rides in the world alongside a seemingly fun time with Beary Tales. As much as I wish they can do a Peanuts dark ride; possibly work with Apple in the process of making film for it--I do not think they need another dark ride right now.

They need to fix the hole that is now vacant with Montezuma likely dead and buried.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Can't we discuss the expansions that were just announced to be actually happening versus blue sky dreaming?

Reactions: Michael S
Can't we discuss the expansions that were just announced to be actually happening versus blue sky dreaming?

And I will,

if anything; this goes to show a bit more of CFCorp wanting to work with Zamperla more and more. With the Lift/Launch Family Coaster, Super Happy Swing, and the Convoy--it seems they did a deal package with them on this. Interesting to see Knotts getting in on this; and hopefully it'll mean a quick turnaround given the nature of Zamperla products.

My question once again comes to the Beagle Express; as there is no-where behind that of the Rocky Mountain Truck Company and Huff & Puff that would allow this--unless if it was taking over what remains of Montezuma.

Last edited:
Also worth noting that Knotts was working on the plot of land in front of Monty’s spike. That’s probably where they’re putting the new truck ride.

Also I will be baffled and infuriated if they just opt to demo Monty and just expand the kiddie car ride over it. There’s seriously no scenario where they couldn’t just get Zamperla or Gerstlauer to rebuild it? I understand that is far from the most ideal scenario, I think most of us would take that ANY DAY over just scrapping it and using it to expand a kiddie size.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Also worth noting that Knotts was working on the plot of land in front of Monty’s spike. That’s probably where they’re putting the new truck ride.

Also I will be baffled and infuriated if they just opt to demo Monty and just expand the kiddie car ride over it. There’s seriously no scenario where they couldn’t just get Zamperla or Gerstlauer to rebuild it? I understand that is far from the most ideal scenario, I think most of us would take that ANY DAY over just scrapping it and using it to expand a kiddie size.

In context--that I didn't realize and that is admittedly a fair point. I didn't realize that at this point.

There’s seriously no scenario where they couldn’t just get Zamperla or Gerstlauer to rebuild it? I understand that is far from the most ideal scenario, I think most of us would take that ANY DAY over just scrapping it and using it to expand a kiddie size.

While I'm waiting for any kind of official confirmation of Monty's fate before delving into things, there were several scenarios...but they depended on multiple certain things happening in order for them to even be a possibility.

I think the biggest loss IMO is the Ferris Wheel being replaced. I mean, Knott’s is the only park in SoCal with a regular, good ‘ol Ferris Wheel and I personally think it’s a mistake to replace it. Also wish they used the theater for a small dark ride but whatever. Look solid otherwise.

Wouldn’t mind similar treatment to the Boardwalk. I know they redid it over a decade ago, but if they’re already redoing it when the last redo was not even ten years ago, I think Boardwalk could be due for one.