Knott's Berry Farm | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is very interesting considering CF listed a project they took a loss on at KBF in their annual report. Wonder what that ended up being?

This is very interesting considering CF listed a project they took a loss on at KBF in their annual report. Wonder what that ended up being?
Food for thought--maybe they're starting from scratch with Zamperla; and had to use just what they currently had to say "Heyy it's not dead!" when in reality they scrapped the Kumbak verison?

Reactions: chris.g

MonteZOOMa is not dead. How!

As I said before, Knott's themselves really wanted to keep Montezooma alive, so if ever possible they were gonna' go with a route that ensured that, and clearly they are!

Now as for what route exactly, well we're gonna' have to wait and see what company is on the grounds. While they're reusing the animated footage from last year from KumbaK's version, at the moment the webpage has been completely scrubbed, so there's a chance KumbaK is no longer involved, but we won't know until construction kicks back in. There were a couple other companies looking at the project, so hopefully it's one of them.

And now that things are back on track, I can now mention this little tidbit...

When they were coming up with this project a while back, Gerstlauer was the first choice. An absolute no-brainer for a whole multitude of reasons. So why did they go with KumbaK instead? A very unfortunate double whammy of financial woes during the pandemic and Top Thrill Dragster needing an unexpected overhaul caused Cedar Fair to lean towards the cheaper offers, something which KumbaK likes to offer a lot.

I'm glad I could mention this now, since that kind of tibit would have been absolutely tragic to hear if Montezooma was truly dead!

Comfort collars!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!@!!!111!?!?!
Bear in mind, this is the old video. There’s a very high chance the comfort collars won’t be a thing since there should be a new manufacturer involved. They literally just reused the old footage to quickly get the message out that the ride isn’t dead.

Hopefully... they won't screw up this time around & actually put forth the proper budget (also enclose the damn queue like Jaguar!!!)

I'm still curious when they plan to tackle Sutters & Spurs. Logically, it'd make more sense to get Spurs renovated & open, then close Sutters for its mega overhaul.

Knotts REALLY also needs to redo their roofing/ceilings out front because they leak in the main giftshop & Mrs Knotts. It's so ghetto with the buckets under the leaks in guest view. Even our backstage "briefing room" had a leak/damaged ceiling (with mold/mildew) that isn't a priority to them.

The employee bathrooms backstage had to be renovated due to black mold. So yea, fun times lol

I understand wanting to save money but in the long run wouldn’t it better to go with a more reliable and experienced manufacturer like premier?

Unfortunately, there are many a time when logic is thrown out the window when one is looking for the cheapest option possible.

Though another factor to consider is, it also can depend on what manufacturer looks at and/or bids on a project or not. As far as I know, Premier didn't. Meanwhile, Gerstlauer most certainly did, and Zamperla also took a look at the project when they were working on Camp Snoopy's upcoming additions. Those two feel the most likely if KumbaK is no longer involved, as I said before, we'll have to wait and see who or what shows up at the site.

I understand wanting to save money but in the long run wouldn’t it better to go with a more reliable and experienced manufacturer like premier?

Hopefully... they won't screw up this time around & actually put forth the proper budget (also enclose the damn queue like Jaguar!!!)

I'm still curious when they plan to tackle Sutters & Spurs. Logically, it'd make more sense to get Spurs renovated & open, then close Sutters for its mega overhaul.

Knotts REALLY also needs to redo their roofing/ceilings out front because they leak in the main giftshop & Mrs Knotts. It's so ghetto with the buckets under the leaks in guest view. Even our backstage "briefing room" had a leak/damaged ceiling (with mold/mildew) that isn't a priority to them.

The employee bathrooms backstage had to be renovated due to black mold. So yea, fun times lol
While I also think Zamperla would not be my first choice.....I'll take what I can get. I'm a little concerned about reliability issues as well, but hopefully they've improved. Heard a rumor they got some former Intamin engineers involved at Zamperla, so we'll see.

Yeah those buildings at Knott's are crazy old. They need some hefty maintenance.

Reactions: Wesker69
Yeah those buildings at Knott's are crazy old. They need some hefty maintenance.
Understatement lol

I'm excited to see stuff go vertical in Camp Snoopy. I'm wondering if they'll reopen it in phases like Fiesta Village, since they have that track record.. it would've been nice to close it entirely & refresh EVERYTHING instead of just certain areas.

Understatement lol

I'm excited to see stuff go vertical in Camp Snoopy. I'm wondering if they'll reopen it in phases like Fiesta Village, since they have that track record.. it would've been nice to close it entirely & refresh EVERYTHING instead of just certain areas.

I assume stages but not in a bad way, they say it will all be done by Memorial Day and looking at it, there's really no reason they shouldn't be able to to get everything done by then , Minus the theater. Which hasn't gone vertical yet but Knotts "Summer" events don't start until June 14th, So I assume that will open 3 weeks after everything else with a new show on June 14th.

I also think the Swing and Redo of the Candy shop will open early just to get some walls down and make it little bit more roomy over there.

So Swing Early, Stage a few weeks late, everything else on Time.

Reactions: Wesker69
Both the swing & new coaster track are onsite & awaiting to be installed. I'm sure we'll see a surge in construction. (weather depending)

I'm hoping for more trees, but we'll see what happens. It was one of the best areas to escape the sun (for the most part)

I don't have any insight into this but I wonder if they will change the launch mechanism to LSM's and do the whole launch backwards and then forwards to get the needed speed (original launch took you to 55). Maybe this was already discussed and, if so, my apologies. If they do that, will that change the experience very much?