Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This link has a pretty detailed description of most of the scenes, and a few pictures- spoiler alert- but this certainly sounds like a MUCH longer haunt than I was anticipating!
I saw that and decided I don't want to see more of that. I love the maze but I mean I didn't know It would have a description of some of the scenes in the maze. If anyone is reading this don't click that link unless you want a full description of this maze.

That water effect using fog and strobes was amazing in the Depths. I was at Dark Harbor it's last year and Jon Cooke did similar there with the maze in the cottage, which was voodoo themed.

That water effect using fog and strobes was amazing in the Depths. I was at Dark Harbor it's last year and Jon Cooke did similar there with the maze in the cottage, which was voodoo themed.
it was also a marked improvement, to my recollection, on the use of the effect in the Voodoo maze that predates The Depths (though the facade for voodoo was sick).

also: I miss Dark Harbor very much.

Okay here's a topic I want to talk about that doesn't get much credit. I understand for the Halloween overlays they want the log ride and the calico train mine to be more family friendly for daytime guests. I just could have seen them put monsters to scare guests in these ride areas and shut them down for only scary farm guests. It's just my personal opinion but you can disagree or agree with me if you want.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I think the two big issues are: There's not really an area where scare actors can safely stand while also providing anything legitimately scary to riders. And shutting down those two rides during the day, at a time when the park is already struggling with reduced capacity, seems like a very bad idea.

So, the compromise is to add decorations that can be lit in a spooky way for night time guests while leaving them open for day time guests.

From my understanding isn't the calico candy mine ride more darker for Knott's scary farm compared to regular park hours?

Okay here's a topic I want to talk about that doesn't get much credit. I understand for the Halloween overlays they want the log ride and the calico train mine to be more family friendly for daytime guests. I just could have seen them put monsters to scare guests in these ride areas and shut them down for only scary farm guests. It's just my personal opinion but you can disagree or agree with me if you want.
You won't see actors back in either of these rides for a handful of reasons. You will also never see them shut down two of their bigger family friendly rides just to cater to Scary Farm guests.
They aren't doing the log ride Overlay?

I dislike how parents can ruin things like these rides and Ghost Galaxy....these are not hardcore scary overlays and sucks that most people enjoy these but we must cater to the 1 percent of people upset
Both Halloween overlays for the Mine Train and the Log Ride were announced. No theoretical upset parents shut anything down.

Unfortunately too many incidents and safety concerns kinda pushed any hopes of that out of the question, would've been very nice to see since those two attractions were so foundational to the event, but unfortunately it is what it is.
On top of that, with the struggles last year to properly cast enough people to fully occupy the houses, and to maintain those positions when people dropped out, i think throwing 2 new attractions in need of monster casting when theyre already adding a 10th maze wouldve probably just been too high of an ask under the circumstances.

I feel THE main reason why they no longer have live actors in the rides is fairly simple. As fun as those overlays were, it's no secret that during that stretch where they had live actors, it did a substantial amount of wear and tear on both rides as you've got people in places they're normally not supposed to be. Plus getting them in and out of those places was a trip in itself.

Add in the fact that this is happening in the two oldest rides in the park which they want to try and preserve, it's no secret why they had to cut them to help preserve the classic rides.