Legend of Jack Sparrow | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Legend of Jack Sparrow

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney has pulled the online version of the Mickey Monitor. Which leads me to one question: Can't they get anything right lately? Seems like the brain isn't talking to the rest of the body.

Just because it was announced today doesn't mean they've been working on it for the past few months.
I agree, however I was still considering the time since Narnia has been closed...I do have hope for this..um..addition I guess you could call it.
I still believe Narnia deserved a dark ride..

I thought the POTC films should have had representation in the films at DHS since the beginning. In fact, I was hoping they never touched the original and made their own attraction based on the films.

It only took them 9 years but I'm looking forward to this. Narnia was really a glorified trailer screening. This can be 100x more interesting.

Geez Disney really dropped the bomb on this franchise. Could of been a huge hit for them in the Orlando parks even with the original ride at the MK.

The Narnia attraction from what I remember of it was pretty poor (this was 2009), I remember going into a room that looked like it was made of stone wall and consisted of video screens essentially showing me trailers. You then get let out to look at a very small collection of props none of which were noteworthy.

Was there an additional one created after that?

I'm always fascinated by the making of movies and the props used so to be able to get that in an interactive way is even better :)

From Disney Parks Blog, which confirms it will open in the fall.

Details are still emerging, but the attraction will give guests a chance to become immersed in the world of the four “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, and an opening date will be announced later this year.

According to Jason Roberts, show producer for Walt Disney Imagineering, “This is going to be an immersive experience. We’ll really delve into the story of Captain Jack Sparrow and put our guests in the middle of it all in new and exciting ways. Story is always the most important thing for us at Walt Disney Imagineering, but we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow It’s not ‘the making of,’ not ‘behind the scenes’ … it is really a first-person experience. We worked with the archives as well as the filmmakers while they were shooting the last movie. And as a fan, I just loved sitting through those films again and again

Anything will be better than the Narnia walkthrough.

I thought that the video monitors playing the movie clips was a preshow, but then it turned out to be the whole experience. :bonk:

Sounds more then a walk through behind the scenes exhibit, how big is the building? I think they maybe building it to be bigger than it really is though

WDWMagic posted a construction update of the exterior. The building has been painted light blue.

iMrsE0jyUyLAs.jpg

ifyAkuvS0oL32.jpg

Wonder if this will be the bastardized version of Sparrow from films 2-4 or the original Sparrow. One reviewer put it this way and it's the most accurate description of the series I can muster, "The original Sparrow had the appearance of a buffoon hiding a great pirate, whereas the later Sparrow was portrayed as a great pirate, secretly hiding a buffoon."

In case you're wondering what the hell I mean, check out the look on Sparrow's face when he pulls the trigger on Barbosa in CotBP. Intense, dark, devious, and intelligent.

Wonder if this will be the bastardized version of Sparrow from films 2-4 or the original Sparrow. One reviewer put it this way and it's the most accurate description of the series I can muster, "The original Sparrow had the appearance of a buffoon hiding a great pirate, whereas the later Sparrow was portrayed as a great pirate, secretly hiding a buffoon."

In case you're wondering what the hell I mean, check out the look on Sparrow's face when he pulls the trigger on Barbosa in CotBP. Intense, dark, devious, and intelligent.

YUP.

The CotBP Jack was one of the best characters I had ever seen on screen. And then they made him into a joke in the sequels

CotBP was Gore Verbinski at his finest. The sequels were rushed crap with Jerry Bruckheimer's stupidity at the wheel. The last one was directed by the guy who made the musicals Chicago and Nine. Nuff said.

CotBP was Gore Verbinski at his finest. The sequels were rushed crap with Jerry Bruckheimer's stupidity at the wheel. The last one was directed by the guy who made the musicals Chicago and Nine. Nuff said.
What's wrong with Chicago? It won Best Picture in 2003, the first movie musical to do so since 'Oliver' in 1969. It's a really good movie.

What's wrong with Chicago? It won Best Picture in 2003, the first movie musical to do so since 'Oliver' in 1969. It's a really good movie.

I wasn't dissing Chicago. It's an amazing musical. Just considering that the director of that film hasn't made any other good films that aren't musicals probably isn't best suited to a movie that is a big-budget pirate fantasy.

I liked the Chronicles of Narnia display they used to have here and I am pretty interested to see one based on Pirates of the Caribbean. Anyone else feel the same way?