Legoland Florida | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More to come tomorrow, but here's a little something :thumbs:

This is in place of the old Cypress Gardens sign, at the entrance...

lego.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Rewster! Can't wait to see more!!! :rep:

Today was a hard-hat tour day for several media groups. Here's a round-up of all of the information:

- There are plans for hotels, additional gates, & resort facilities at this time.
- Legoland Florida will open in October 2011
- 4D Theater will show 4 different films geared at children including Bob the Builder
- Water Ski show is Pirate-themed: http://twitpic.com/2zij9u http://twitpic.com/2zij5l
- Wooden coaster to be rethemed to Coastersaurus
- Tickets go on sale today. One-day = $65 ; Annual Pass = $99 ; Lifetime Pass = $2500
- Seasonal Events begin in 2012

Other information can be found on the Twitter accounts @Skubersky and @Attractions

In other news, the website has updated: http://florida.legoland.com/

Last edited:
I guess with a $75 ticket price, they're ready to be in direct competition with the big three. Everyone and their mom better pre-order. But it's cool that they're planning multiple gates.

That liftime pass better have some serious perks for it to be worth it at 100 dollars an annual pass price. Sure, the cost of an annual pass may go up in distant years but I would want to make use out of a 25 year investment. Not to mention it does not sound like a park a big near mid 20s guy like me would enoy constantly.

Last edited:
The link to the park map on the updated web site doesn't work. I was able to pull the park map from the PowerPoint presentation in the press materials from today's hard hat tour.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Although this is supposed to be the largest Legoland park in the world, there are some notable attractions missing when compared to the California park:

Splash Battle - I have to admit I'm very surprised this isn't included in the initial phase. There are no similar attractions in any other Florida theme park and given the Florida heat, this would be an ideal way to cool off. I assume it will be part of a future phase.

Knights' Tournament - I assume this attraction was a victim of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Universal's rumored exclusivity contract with Kuka Entertainment.

Fairy Tale Brook - this is a boat ride through scenes from famous fairy tales. This ride doesn't seem to fit into any of the initial sections. I thought possibly that they would convert the old boat ride through the gardens into this attraction. It could be done with minimal impact to the gardens.

Also, I noticed on the map that they are keeping the conservatory. Does this mean the butterflies will be back?

Last edited:
I like the idea of Triple H getting a Dino theme, it feels fitting. Quite happy with the park's preview, it's not a thrill park by any means, but still fun. 5 coasters, most moderately thrilling, which is good. Tons of stuff for kids and families. I can't wait for this to open next year; I wonder if anyone will by the life-time pass :lol:

This looks pretty good! Used to visit Legoland Windsor when I was a kid and it was a blast, might have to make another visit... and then book a trip to come see the Florida version :p
Think this should be a great addition to the area.
If only there wasn't an age limit on the driving school (I don't care I'm old enough to drive for real, they don't make full size lego cars :lol:)

From the Orlando Sentinel:
Legoland Florida is putting its teeth into a recycling effort. The theme park, under construction in Winter Haven, is grinding up sidewalks and foundations from its Cypress Gardens predecessor. An outside company will use a 15-ton machine to chew up the concrete into different size bits to be used as a base layer for new sidewalks in the park, set to open in October 2011.

“By recycling and reusing the concrete already on the property, we’re not only saving 18,000 tons of slab from area landfills, but doing what’s right for our business,” general manager John Ussher said.

Legoland has also transplanted 660 oaks and palm trees from the property during the construction. They will return to the park once work is complete.

Pepsi products suck? Soda arguably sucks, I can see that one but your whack. Pepsi has Gatorade. Gatorade>Powerade Lipton>Nestea (Most of the time) Flavored Aquafina>Flavored Dasani. And although I quit drinking it your crazy if you think Mellow Yellow is better than Mountain Dew.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts