Live Theatre / Musicals | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Live Theatre / Musicals

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you can, do it. I expect Life & Trust will be a solid iteration on the formula (or better!), but if you can experience the McKittrick Hotel before it closes for good, you should.
I’m working on my friend to try to get him to go. If I can convince him then I’m doing it.

I haven’t followed the current season as closely, do we have any Tony Awards predictions tonight? My cousin loved The Outsiders for new musicals, and Stereophonic and the Sarah Paulson play that I’m forgetting the name of. Outside of those and Merrily We Roll along, I’m largely unfamiliar with this season. Tony’s is always the best awards show however so I’m sure it’s worth a watch.

Reactions: kristenabelle
I haven’t followed the current season as closely, do we have any Tony Awards predictions tonight? My cousin loved The Outsiders for new musicals, and Stereophonic and the Sarah Paulson play that I’m forgetting the name of. Outside of those and Merrily We Roll along, I’m largely unfamiliar with this season. Tony’s is always the best awards show however so I’m sure it’s worth a watch.

I ONLY HAVE ONE DEMAND

• Love
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Just got back from Life & Trust. Astounding, loved the entire experience. Definitely a few kinks to work out but it’s show ready as a whole. Lots of critics at my showing, interested in seeing some preview reviews.

We went to see the Encores presentation of Hello Dolly with Jodi Benson in the title roll and it was really good. I had doubts about Jodi's vocal range/fit for the part but she was quite good, and to have a large orchestra and full chorus at Steinmetz Hall was just fantastic.

You could tell it was a lot of Disney fans just there because it was Jodi Benson (the voice of the Little Mermaid in the film) because of the gasp of surprise at the end.

We went to see the Encores presentation of Hello Dolly with Jodi Benson in the title roll and it was really good. I had doubts about Jodi's vocal range/fit for the part but she was quite good, and to have a large orchestra and full chorus at Steinmetz Hall was just fantastic.

You could tell it was a lot of Disney fans just there because it was Jodi Benson (the voice of the Little Mermaid in the film) because of the gasp of surprise at the end.
Love Hello Dolly, and if I had realized this was happening while I’m in Florida before this weekend I would’ve gone.

What caused the gasp? Dolly and Horace?

Reactions: GAcoaster
If anyone is Chicago-based and wants to see something musical which is a little different to a Broadway blockbuster, the Chicago Shakespeare Theater is putting on a small-scale version of Lord of The Rings musical opening next month. I saw it at the Watermill Theatre in the UK last summer and thought it was very wonderful. Not sure how it will be done in Chicago, but at the Watermill (which is a tiny theatre, created within a old watermill) the opening and closing scenes (set in The Shire) took place outside in the grounds of the theatre, giving a very rustic, pastoral start and end to the show. There was some wonderful puppetry and some nice songs which carry the narrative forward. Definitely worth seeing if you are a fan of Lord of the Rings and live theatre.

Last edited: