Luigi Mansion/Mini Area and Shooter Attraction (Idea) | Inside Universal Forums

Luigi Mansion/Mini Area and Shooter Attraction (Idea)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jerroddragon

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2017
So yeah, now going three times to Nintendoland and overhearing others having my same feeling of the Luigi Mansion part of the Mario Kart ride is the coolest part and seeing the art of what could have been an attraction where Panda Express and the other restaurant is I decided to think of a way to squeeze in the best attraction you could into that pretty small space and while I think my idea's are too large for that plot of land (without some extra changes to the lower lot) I'd still like to talk about what it could be.

So my idea would be you enter Nintendoland and turn directly left and basically make a U-turn into the small area that is the extra bit of Peaches castle (that has the 2D Peach in it if you use the power band) You made that a walk way to a mini area with Luigi's mansion as the center point and only thing really in the section of the land.

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

The ride to save space would use the new escalator/shooter ride tech, The Mansion would be 2 stories, you'd start by entering through the gate and then take a turn in front of the Mansion as you get to its big Doors which are closed.
You'd then be in the outside Q which is a haunted garden (could also have the Boneyard and Country yard if there is room) . Thinking in the Garden you could have AR goggles, similar to the Binoculars on Mt beanpole (maybe they are themed like Telescopes), and be able to see boo's move around the garden. Along with interactive objects throughout the Q that you can activate if you have a Nintendo band, like for example making a Pale of water rise up and water flowers or making flowers change color/light up or make a boo appear in the reflection of the fountain etc.

You'd then move inside to the Laundry room where you can use your bands more to make ghosts move objects like have a Laundry Machine turn on with a ghost in it or shake around. This leads you into a hallway leading to the main entrance where you see the other side of the front door. The Elevator is out of service (unless you need to take one to get up stairs) so you have to go through the some themed rooms like The Rec room, nursery, tea room, rooms from the games and hopefully one of those rooms can have a mirror that you can use your band to make a boo/ghost appear in it along with other effects you can turn on with your band. (best part too is while those with bands can activate most effects like Potter wands these effects will be easy to still see and be entertained by even without it)

Image-3.jpg
(image from the Luigi Mansion E3 Booth)

When you finally get upstairs you are now in Professor E Gadd, mobile lab that he set up in the attic. After a little more Q you get to the Pre show which is Professor E Gadd, showing off his newest toy the Poltergust 9000 (sponsored by Universal), E Gadd needs to clear this mansion of ghosts so that Universal can film it's next big movie here and thats where you come in. After showing you how to use it to capture/shoot ghost you off and the next room is the leading area.

Now since your on the second story the ride would be you on escalator's and it would be slowly descending so the ride can exit on the first floor. T make the ride to make feel unique from the minions ride could us AR tech so Ghosts can surprise you and fly out of walls like in the game. Also like those old shoot ranges I'd want some elements in ride physically that if you shoot would cause chain reactions and make objects move. For example shooting a candle and the fire lighting up and then projection of a tarp on the wall burns away to reveal a secret little spot with high target ghosts to shoot. Another example would be shooting a book latter and it moves and ghost fly out of the bookcase worth more points. And of course King Boo, Luigi and Polterpup will all be on the attraction.

luigis3.jpg

After exiting in the gift shop, hopefully they could add one...or two Nintendo Band games. One idea I have is you stand in front of 5 mirrors and King Boo splits into 5 and his crown is passes to one ghost to another and you have to guess which Ghost has the crown. Another game could be (and honestly besides being surrounded by mirrors not sure how this one would be themed) you go to an area where 6 ghost surround you and you press a button next to the ghost mirror who is coming toward you and it makes a light turn on and they disappear but if a Ghost makes it to you before the timer is up you lose. Another fun game could be a a hide an seek game where a few ghost hide in objects and you have to guess which ones they are in.

Also a Fun thing to do with the bands or just let everyone do is a place where you can go infront of a mirror and use upgraded SLOP tech and transform you into a Ghost. and be able to email it to yourself or upload it to your photo pass.

Anyhow I know this isn't a perfect description of the entire ride but more an overview with some fun ideas. I think being about to shoot objects and have chain reactions that allow secret's with high scoring ghosts would lead to it being a very easy ride to repeat and not feel like you've already seen it before. Also if for some reals the physical sets for the ride cost too much they could be tone down to more screens which would suck but I'm willing to make the sacrifice if it means we get an attraction like this in park

So leave a comment below and tell me what you think and what Idea's you'd have for a ride based on Lugi's Mansion/the Q and or Nintendo Band games you'd like to see if the area could host them. (PS the area doesn't have to be where Panda Express/other restaurant area is just using it as an example because of the leaked blueprints for a ride in that area)

index.jpg
(image from Luigi Mansion's E3 Booth)

Last edited:
Nintendo isn't going to expand to where Panda Express is. If that land was going to be for Nintendo, there would already be something there.
Cool cool, made a note of that in the thread already. Mainly want feedback on this idea as an attraction and how to plus an attraction like it.

This really belongs in something like the "play Universal Creative" thread, but at minimum you need to title a thread like this in a way to make it known that it's an armchair UC idea.

And I know Universal has the rights to Nintendo and I don't disagree that a Luigi's Mansion ride could be cool, but not every attraction can be based on a Nintendo property like everyone seems to want all of a sudden. Potter only has 5 total rides between Hogsmeade, Diagon and the HE. There will be a few more once Epic opens, but that's across three parks and the number will be what, 7?

Mainstream, known IP's/characters like Luigi, Zelda, and Pokemon have a shot in the right spot in the right park, but anything beyond that core group and people are just kidding themselves. Animal Crossing is never coming. Star Fox isn't coming. Your favorite niche Nintendo IP isn't coming. It needs to have widespread appeal/recognition to even have a shot of making an appearance in the parks.

It’s not that they wouldnt want to. They have a contract with Panda Express to fulfill.
They could always pay them to go away, so really Panda is no big deal.

Reactions: fryoj
This really belongs in something like the "play Universal Creative" thread, but at minimum you need to title a thread like this in a way to make it known that it's an armchair UC idea.

And I know Universal has the rights to Nintendo and I don't disagree that a Luigi's Mansion ride could be cool, but not every attraction can be based on a Nintendo property like everyone seems to want all of a sudden. Potter only has 5 total rides between Hogsmeade, Diagon and the HE. There will be a few more once Epic opens, but that's across three parks and the number will be what, 7?

Mainstream, known IP's/characters like Luigi, Zelda, and Pokemon have a shot in the right spot in the right park, but anything beyond that core group and people are just kidding themselves. Animal Crossing is never coming. Star Fox isn't coming. Your favorite niche Nintendo IP isn't coming. It needs to have widespread appeal/recognition to even have a shot of making an appearance in the parks.

Or move them, lol as if that’s impossible

If a mod wants to change the name to say armchair then go for it but added this mainly because of many factors like making it two stories like SLOP and using the new minion ride shooting tech to try to make it have the smallest possible foot print but think adding interactive parts in the Q both helps entertain guests and kinda gives the excuse on why this area could be the small but still detailed and have elements like in the SNW

as for not everything being Nintendo, I honestly don’t care what the IP is as long as it’s a good idea and think after riding MK 3 times and thinking the stamps and achievements for the labs are kinda genius for people who love leaderboards and achievements. That Nintendo just becomes the default well I’d rather have a ride with elements like SNL vs Fsst and Furious because I can’t see that Q having half the detail of even the Yoshi ride (not trying crap on it just look at mummy or Jurassic Qs most universal IPs they just don’t put the effort into like potter and Nintendo)

Also after the Nintendo film and hopefully spin offs these characters will become close the Mickey in gang i terms of being a house hold name. I bet by next year you could open a kitchen store in Citywalk with Nintendo themed kitchen/house hold items and make a killing.

I once said think people on here don’t understand the nostalgia/live for Nintendo. My dad (blue collar worker, normal dad type) used to play Mario kart, Tetris and Star fox this was In the 90s vs how long it became “cool” for adults to game which wasn’t even the 360 era almost 20 years later

Maldonado more Nintendo means more uses for your bands increasing their vale and for paying the 43 bucks I’d love them to do more (no complaining saying would love them to be even more valuable as an owner and doubt any others would disagree with more activity to use the bands for)

IDK. I think anyone who would have greenlit a Luigi's Mansion ride will probably be getting fired over all of these SNW mistakes.....

Reactions: Cygnus
Super unpopular opinion here, but if USH were to add a shooting ride involving ghosts, I would MUCH rather have a Ghostbusters dark ride. We’re gonna have two Nintendo rides so I don’t think this is too much to ask lol

Reactions: Coolbfitz

To be fair, Potter is it's own IP. Nintendo is a company with a collection of IPs, each with varying degrees of popularity. Mario and Pokemon, two individual IPs, are popular enough to warrant Potter levels of presence just on their own. Smaller stuff like Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, etc may only be popular enough to warrant small sections of a park with 1 attraction (though Zelda is rapidly increasing in popularity so it may see more than that in Orlando).

Brilliant idea! Appreciate your thought put into this.

I can only comment for Orlando, where I think a Luigi’s Mansion mini land where MIB resides is the perfect location for it, but regardless, a Luigi Mansion shooting game ride is one of those “It’s so obvious, just make the ride already”.

If by mid 2030’s there isn’t one planned for somewhere I’ll he disappointed.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

Tbh I'd argue that Animal Crossing has a better shot than Zelda. The sheer sales numbers for the series are insane. I highly doubt it would be a full land or anything, but a playground and meet and greet stand isn't out of the question.

Tbh I'd argue that Animal Crossing has a better shot than Zelda. The sheer sales numbers for the series are insane. I highly doubt it would be a full land or anything, but a playground and meet and greet stand isn't out of the question.
Zelda is more likely to make a movie one day though than Animal Crossing, which I think makes it have wider appeal. Worthy debate though. Zelda also leads itself better to theme parks.

Reactions: chris.g
Super unpopular opinion here, but if USH were to add a shooting ride involving ghosts, I would MUCH rather have a Ghostbusters dark ride. We’re gonna have two Nintendo rides so I don’t think this is too much to ask lol
Yeah youre alone on this one. Anyone under the age of 35 into Ghostbusters is probably a generational thing. I'll take Luigi's Mansion any day.

Zelda is more likely to make a movie one day though than Animal Crossing, which I think makes it have wider appeal. Worthy debate though. Zelda also leads itself better to theme parks.
I get the movie argument, but a small Animal Crossing area might be a safer investment. A shop to sell merch, a house themed meet and greet for the characters, and a small playground would be pretty nice and not cost a lot to build.

I get the movie argument, but a small Animal Crossing area might be a safer investment. A shop to sell merch, a house themed meet and greet for the characters, and a small playground would be pretty nice and not cost a lot to build.
This is a Hollywood thread but.. I’d love whay you mentioned for AC right after MSHI in IOA where the empty theatre and games are. Would be a super relaxing area post Superhero nonsense.

I’m sure USH could fit it somewhere also.

Reactions: Magic-Man
It's rumored that one is in the early stages of planning at Illumination, currently.

Reactions: Coolbfitz