Lumberjack Show - Canadian Pavillion | Inside Universal Forums

Lumberjack Show - Canadian Pavillion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
Video below. I found it to be absolutely horrid. Gross obesity. Dangerous equipment looking for an accident. Stupid patter. Just awful.

[video=youtube_share;SB8EykMfySc]http://youtu.be/SB8EykMfySc[/video]

Yeah, I don't expect it to last.

I honestly feel like this was a set up by TDO. Replace something loved with something terrible so that guests will want that gone - Boom, easy reason to cut even more entertainment.

Yes, I saw that video the other day. It's a pathetic show with no entertainment value. And it replaces one of the best Epcot shows. It sure shows up as a cost cutting move. Whoever previewed and hired that group needs to be replaced also.

Lasted 2 minutes and stopped the video. Sad and pathetic. Who approved this? In the immortal words of Vince McMahon: YOU'RE FIRED!

Couldn't finish. I guess an attempt to cash in on Duck Dynasty without touching the politics? Honestly Next Big Thing's theory about a crappy placeholder show to take the heat from Off Kilter fans makes as much sense as anything.

Couldn't finish. I guess an attempt to cash in on Duck Dynasty without touching the politics? Honestly Next Big Thing's theory about a crappy placeholder show to take the heat from Off Kilter fans makes as much sense as anything.

Yeah, I couldn't finish either... I think I watched 3/4 of it. I kept thinking, "This is taking place at the Walt Disney World?"

Yep this is bad. I kept skipping ahead to see if it gets any better and no it only gets worse :pound:

This is offensive on so many levels, the only way they could make it more offensive is if they made the hypeman bathe in a tub of maple syrup. That was stupid and dangerous, one the same level as a renaissance fair act. Easily the worst show on property now

Yeah, I don't expect it to last.

I honestly feel like this was a set up by TDO. Replace something loved with something terrible so that guests will want that gone - Boom, easy reason to cut even more entertainment.

You're on the right track here. Replace more and more entertainment with temporary contracts with no health or other benefits. Cut or remove once busy season is over. $10 on the lumberjacks, flag people, and other replacements surviving after spring? Gotta look at the bigger picture. :cheers:

It was a bad summer and they need money to improve the parks

:lol:

I'm sorry, but Disney needing to cut small entertainment (which costs pennies to them, relatively) to have enough money to build new rides is the most ridiculous thing ever. We're talking about one of the most profitable entertainment companies in the world.

What they're doing has nothing to do with new rides/attractions and everything to do with fudging the numbers for Wall Street.

I'll say one thing, if/when this gets replaced no matter what it'll be "at least it's better than that lumberjack show."

:lol:

I'm sorry, but Disney needing to cut small entertainment (which costs pennies to them, relatively) to have enough money to build new rides is the most ridiculous thing ever. We're talking about one of the most profitable entertainment companies in the world.

What they're doing has nothing to do with new rides/attractions and everything to do with fudging the numbers for Wall Street.

You totally didn't quote my first part which said they are cutting costs all over the place, not just entertainment. Yes, Disney as a whole makes a good amount of money, but right now the parks financials are not looking good. They need to cut the costs in the parks to make their numbers look better and at the same time sell the idea that they need to invest more money into something that did not do well this last year. You are right, it is all business and wall street, but that is how business works. I work for a private company and guess what? They did the same thing when their business was starting to trend down. They were still making money, they were still one of the top companies, but as soon as business trended down do to the economy they made HUGE cuts and continued to make huge cuts. It is how business works, not just wall street businesses. It is how companies like Disney become so big and how they stay on top.

Universal is on the other side of things, their profits for their parks are going up, which is why it is easy to sell new rides, new entertainment, etc to its investors. But don't be fooled, if Universal had a bad summer like Disney just had, they would be making cuts all over the place too.

I don't agree that profits equals adding attractions. Look at Disney. And universal is putting money in because they see a under tapped market. Disney convinced themselves WDW was mature and the Orlando market won't change. They didn't see massive boosts from Everest or M:S, and they think the only way forward is upcharge events and operations optimization. That's why universals success is so sweet, as theme park fans it proves that expansion and attractions are what people want.

Never said profits equal more attractions. What I did say is when profits go down, investors want to know why, they want cuts, and they don't always want to invest in more capital. So basically the cuts have to occur to make the numbers look better so investors will buy into putting more money into the attractions. They would never go for spending more money without some kind of cuts elsewhere. Companies don't like to bleed money and they really don't like to see numbers going down at the rate they are going down at Disney.