Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lunatics Playground 3D – You Won’t Stand A Chance

Is this tent 'permanent' like the other tents? Seems on the small side but that just might be because it is surrounded by larger structures.

Also, is that black ramp the entrance or exit?

From an operations standpoint I am most interested in this house. Very curious to see how the line will work. I assume they will use MIB line plus some overflow somewhere backstage.

Pro-tip: Don't go to this house immediately after a Bill and Ted showing lets out...

Is this tent 'permanent' like the other tents? Seems on the small side but that just might be because it is surrounded by larger structures.

Also, is that black ramp the entrance or exit?

From an operations standpoint I am most interested in this house. Very curious to see how the line will work. I assume they will use MIB line plus some overflow somewhere backstage.

Pro-tip: Don't go to this house immediately after a Bill and Ted showing lets out...

Black ramp will be the entrance, exit is on the left side of the tent if you're facing the entrance.

HHN Unofficial put this up today. I'm not 100% in with the "chase" at the end since I don't think they could get that to work with conga lines.

It does look to be shaping up to be something different though.

What’s up with the exit of “Lunatics Playground”?! | HHN Unofficial

Black ramp will be the entrance, exit is on the left side of the tent if you're facing the entrance.

Well, if ConvolutedFrippery is correct (which I have no reason to believe he isn't), that's the entrance so no chase on that end of things.

HHN Unofficial put this up today. I'm not 100% in with the "chase" at the end since I don't think they could get that to work with conga lines.

It does look to be shaping up to be something different though.

What’s up with the exit of “Lunatics Playground”?! | HHN Unofficial

Well, if ConvolutedFrippery is correct (which I have no reason to believe he isn't), that's the entrance so no chase on that end of things.

I should have prefaced my statement by saying it is my opinion, based on the setup of the tent and where MIB extended cues lead to, plus the zig-zags can help the flow of people going into the house. Also, why would they have such a weird (what I would think is a half-a$$) ending scene where you need to zig zag to exit?

Here's what I BELIEVE is going to happen:
changehouse.jpg

I agree with you both that it can't be a full on "chase". That's just asking for injuries in this day and age.

I DO believe that the twisty walls will be the exit though. It just makes more sense in my opinion.

looking at the pictures again, I think I spotted the other potential entry/exit on the opposite side of where I thought the exit would be.

arrow in this pic points to what I believe is a black ramp
chancehouse2.jpg

arrow in this pic is the direction in which the ramp looks like it goes before turning into the building.chancehouse3.jpg

personally, I think zig-zags would be used as an entrance to the house with the exit being a straight away ramp down the back side.

I agree with you both that it can't be a full on "chase". That's just asking for injuries in this day and age.

I DO believe that the twisty walls will be the exit though. It just makes more sense in my opinion.

Out of curiosity, why do you think it would make more sense?

To me, I see nowhere for a scareactor to hide in that twisty section and it is elevated which would mean they would have to have any actors on platforms. That implies that given the twisty ending it would just be us walking through the twists with something painted on the walls and probably an actor at the end of the ramp for the final scare. It also means that we would have our 3D glasses still on out in the open/daylight (which they rarely do).

looking at the pictures again, I think I spotted the other potential entry/exit on the opposite side of where I thought the exit would be.

arrow in this pic points to what I believe is a black ramp
View attachment 2982

arrow in this pic is the direction in which the ramp looks like it goes before turning into the building.View attachment 2983

personally, I think zig-zags would be used as an entrance to the house with the exit being a straight away ramp down the back side.

What is the building just above where the potential exit ramp spits out and how does that connect back around to the FF area?

Out of curiosity, why do you think it would make more sense?

Mostly because the frantic back and forth fits better with the climax of a story instead of the introduction (which it would be if used as part of the beginning).

I also don't think it's 100% completed yet either. There may be a reason that it's elevated.

I'm also taking the source into account. HHNUnofficial usually seems to have some pretty good inside scoop.

Just an opinion, but that's how I see it.

I'm not able to make the connection between a zig zag ramp and a chase. If anything that to me would imply they wouldn't, if your going to chase people you want them to be able to run on even ground unobstructed.

Mostly because the frantic back and forth fits better with the climax of a story instead of the introduction (which it would be if used as part of the beginning).

I also don't think it's 100% completed yet either. There may be a reason that it's elevated.

I'm also taking the source into account. HHNUnofficial usually seems to have some pretty good inside scoop.

Just an opinion, but that's how I see it.

Fair enough.

To me, the ramp at the other end that ConvolutedFrippery pointed out does not leave much room for a facade, nor a good perspective on any potential facade whereas the zig zag ramp offers us a clear view and plenty of facade room. This makes it seem likely that the zig zag is our start.

Speaking of the zig zag, does anyone have any perspective on how high those walls on the ramp are? I cannot tell from any of the pictures.

Fair enough.

To me, the ramp at the other end that ConvolutedFrippery pointed out does not leave much room for a facade, nor a good perspective on any potential facade whereas the zig zag ramp offers us a clear view and plenty of facade room. This makes it seem likely that the zig zag is our start.

Speaking of the zig zag, does anyone have any perspective on how high those walls on the ramp are? I cannot tell from any of the pictures.

Waste high, check out where the ramp meets the walls- about halfway up the door.

railings.jpg

Waste high, check out where the ramp meets the walls- about halfway up the door.

View attachment 2985

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Yeah, given that it is waist high I am fairly certain this will be our entrance. Making people walk back and forth on a waist high platform to exit makes zero sense from a logistical standpoint. If they were higher, maybe it would be the exit, but given that they are just high enough so that people do not fall over I imagine they are just giving us time in our walk up to check out the facade. Maybe some sort of projection mapping will be used so we need more time to see it in action (it would make sense since she is shifting between realities)?

Also, usually they make you walk all over God's green earth to get into a house then try to make the exit as direct as possible.

Did anybody consider that may be the cast entrance? I don't know, but there's no facade structure/spacing and that's a bad exit design.

You know what might help with all of this speculation? If they finally released the official map. That would probably give us a better idea of where the entrances are.

There seems to be entrance/exits on the side with the ramp and then on each end. They seem to be putting facades on kind of late as TCM doesn't have its yet either. Maybe they're built and being stored somewhere and then move them in later?