Madame Web | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Madame Web

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This seems to be the trend with A LOT of movies lately. Studios hiding musicals, this not showcasing a Spider-verse, and other random poor marketing
Part of it is when studios have what they perceive as a film that will lose them money, they skimp on marketing budget. Now I’m not talking about Wicked there, but it is the case with many underperforming films for sure.

I watched this film today for the first time and I'm ashamed to say... I enjoyed it lol. Is it a masterpiece? Definitely not. Is it really bad? In my opinion, no. I definitely think the main villain was awful but it was kind of funny with the dubbing. The script is very mediocre but idk... I found Dakota Johnson's performance charming and I liked her chemistry with the 3 girls, all the actors involved were decent. This film is just very campy/corny and it felt like a CBM straight from the 90s-early 2000s and I had a lot of fun with it. Also the directing/cinematography I thought was pretty solid! A lot better than I was expecting at least, I've definitely seen worse comic-book films (Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Adam, Spider-Man: Far From Home, WW 1984, Venom) than this.

Dakota Johnson Marvel GIF by Madame Web

Reactions: Legacy
I agree! I watched it on Netflix and braced myself for the suckage except... it was okay? I mean I like Dakota Johnson a lot so it definitely helped that she was doing her shtick here and was adorable as always. It just wasn't the movie they sold via trailers. Barely any superhero stuff and it's actually a pretty small movie. But a decent little thriller once it gets going. The ending.. that I'd already seen as it essentially went viral for being bad.. is definitely the worst part.

Reactions: saint.piss
YI agree! I watched it on Netflix and braced myself for the suckage except... it was okay? I mean I like Dakota Johnson a lot so it definitely helped that she was doing her shtick here and was adorable as always. It just wasn't the movie they sold via trailers. Barely any superhero stuff and it's actually a pretty small movie. But a decent little thriller once it gets going. The ending.. that I'd already seen as it essentially went viral for being bad.. is definitely the worst part.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

• Haha
Reactions: UNIrd