Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I see a lot of comments about how it doesn't make sense since Leota's incantation is what sets off the spirits materializing, but allegedly there is a line that makes his location make sense? IDK.
I feel it sort of alters the progression of the story if we're seeing the "scariest" ghost at the very start before really seeing anything else. I guess we'll have to see if this is addressed somehow.

I still would have just shoved him into a corner of the attic or put him in the graveyard.

I see a lot of comments about how it doesn't make sense since Leota's incantation is what sets off the spirits materializing, but allegedly there is a line that makes his location make sense? IDK.
I have the utmost faith that they will make it make sense. They could do something like "There are 999 ghosts but there is always room for one more! Because that weird guy with the hat is moving out today so we have a vacancy."

Closed that side of the park down for three hours....Perhaps the bear heard of the new Country Bears show coming, and wanted to audition for a starring role. ;)

The reporting on this was so lame with all the Country Bear jokes. It took me a minute to realize it wasn't some kind of Country Bear protest and it was actually a real bear.

Yeah, the pacing of the Disneyland Haunted Mansion (even before this addition) just works a lot better than the Magic Kingdom version.
I'll never understand how the some of the MK verions of rides are 10000 better like Jungle book but then other times like Pirates...it's much worst

Like you already made the ride...you know what works..why make it not as good?

Big Thunder is also better butttttt Disneyland has the new effects int he ending and for some reason MK...just doesn't add them

Reactions: tankart150
I'll never understand how the some of the MK verions of rides are 10000 better like Jungle book but then other times like Pirates...it's much worst
In fairness (I guess), Pirates being a weird, abridged version of itself has to do with a (flawed) plan to not build at at the Magic Kingdom. By the time they realized they screwed up, they needed to get it built very quickly.

But I will say that I was also surprised when I visited Magic Kingdom for the first time. In my mind, Walt Disney World was a bigger (true) and better (eh) version of the California original. These days, Magic Kingdom is the park I'd skip if I was doing a quick trip to the resort.