Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Exactly what MK needed! Less space for the general public in a park that is in desperate need of additional capacity.

I'm not opposed to DVC lounges... except when they take over pre-existing areas that is available to the public.
It’s must have had low usage if they decided to replace it.

Based on what I read on WDWMagic its popularity was non existent.

It’s must have had low usage if they decided to replace it.

Based on what I read on WDWMagic its popularity was non existent.
Oh not arguing the popularity of it, certainly the building has more potential to it. I wouldn't mind if they removed it... but I wish it was for something that was open to all guests.

The DVC lounges don't operate for that long, the Epcot one runs 11AM-6PM daily... or about half of MK's typical operating day from 9AM to 11PM.

Reactions: OrlLover
Couldn't they just use the top floor of Liberty Tree or Golden Horseshoe? I totally don't get this decision at all.

I told my son last night and he got sad and said "but thats your favorite place, can we do something to make them stop". It's one of the few experiences still around that has something that I remember doing with my dad and now with him.

As a DVC member, this sounds like such a waste. And how good of a lounge can it be considering the shooting range takes up little to no space as it is?

Reactions: saint.piss
I find it funny how all of sudden these places getting no use become so special when they are abut to close.
This and Peoplemover are the two must-dos at MK for me, but with this one I'm more frustrated than others. To close an experience and replace it with a place to try to sell guests time shares or to have a lil hoity lounge for people that have bought in just doesn't make sense (not a shot at DVC Members at all). The footprint is tiny, there are literally a dozen places that someone could get a drink or out of the heat in this area, and there are spots that are barely ever used.

This area today is shady, chill, has stuff multiple people can do, and is also a great place to watch the parade.

This and Peoplemover are the two must-dos at MK for me, but with this one I'm more frustrated than others. To close an experience and replace it with a place to try to sell guests time shares or to have a lil hoity lounge for people that have bought in just doesn't make sense (not a shot at DVC Members at all). The footprint is tiny, there are literally a dozen places that someone could get a drink or out of the heat in this area, and there are spots that are barely ever used.

This area today is shady, chill, has stuff multiple people can do, and is also a great place to watch the parade.
Well sadly you seem to be in the minority.

Again, it's about turning an accessible space into a gated space for a higher class of guest.

That's the issue, not the specificity of the shooting gallery.
Let me preface this by saying I’m not in any way defending this decision.

I believe these little places are nice to have as a respite from the outdoors. However I know Disney doesn’t like places that don’t provide value to them.

Oh not arguing the popularity of it, certainly the building has more potential to it. I wouldn't mind if they removed it... but I wish it was for something that was open to all guests.

The DVC lounges don't operate for that long, the Epcot one runs 11AM-6PM daily... or about half of MK's typical operating day from 9AM to 11PM.

Yeah, let’s take this space that was accessible to all guests, and now make it only for the special people.

The continued stratification of the guest experience is really disappointing.

Again, it's about turning an accessible space into a gated space for a higher class of guest.

That's the issue, not the specificity of the shooting gallery.
I am honestly shocked people are blasting this so much. It is a very rarely used thing and these lounges are at every park. Did we blast the Visa lounge at Universal this much?

Did we blast the Visa lounge at Universal this much?
Was the Visa lounge ever a guest-facing location? Genuinely asking, I have no idea what was in that space prior to it. But whatever the case, I'm not a fan of those kinds of things, either.

Whether we spent any time in the shooting gallery or not, it was a small offering* that added potential value to the park for everybody. They're now taking that space to add value for their high-paying/high-spending guests only.

* Theme parks need the little things, too.

I'll also say; the shooting gallery is very fun. If you've ever stopped and looked inside, there are a million little moving gadgets and effects, all of them practical, and all of them with so much charm and life. Mama Luna's Feline Fiesta, the proposed Play Pavilion plans, Villain-Con, etc all wish they were a quarter as engaging to watch as this ancient, tiny chunk of Frontierland that no one uses.

It will be missed, at least by me: The guy who remarks on the theming of planters and trashcans on his days off. :pensive: :lmao:

I am honestly shocked people are blasting this so much. It is a very rarely used thing and these lounges are at every park. Did we blast the Visa lounge at Universal this much?
The Visa Lounge isn't in a space that was ever utilized for public experiences like this.

I can care less what happens here, expand the adjacent pin shop for all I care, but there's just something awful in regards to taking something public and putting it behind a paywall... especially at a park suffering capacity-wise.

The Visa Lounge isn't in a space that was ever utilized for public experiences like this.

I can care less what happens here, expand the adjacent pin shop for all I care, but there's just something awful in regards to taking something public and putting it behind a paywall... especially at a park suffering capacity-wise.
But couldn't the same argument be made that the space the Visa Lounge is taking up could be used for something for the Public? Especially in a park that suffers capacity issues? I guess I would care more if we ever stopped there. I always assumed you had to pay to use it and never used it. I am not into paying $2 for 2 seconds of fun so we skip shooting galleries. I assume many families are the same.

I just think it is a sign of the times and every park seems to have special lounges for this population or that population. If this was the only park maybe I would care more.

I also can't imagine this had huge capacity, I imagine the playground taken out by Splash utilized more capacity than this.