Magic Kingdom Getting "Club 33" | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom Getting "Club 33"

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, that's right, Los Angeles and Orlando don't have any fine gourmet restaurants that don't require membership. ;)

As I recall, Club 33 DL looks like an 1870's bordello.

Why am I shocked more that it took this long for C33 to even come to WDW? I would think that it'd be something that'd make sense in the terms of that they seek profit wherever an alley may show.

The second floor of the Skipper's Canteen building I believe. It is in the first section of AdventureLand and overlooks the hub.
That definitely doesn't overlook the hub. There are giant trees currently blocking the view.

Club 33 is not really about the view as much as being seen walking in the forbidden door. People try to sneak in all the time from what I've heard.

Club 33 is not really about the view as much as being seen walking in the forbidden door. People try to sneak in all the time from what I've heard.
The new door is actually fairly inconspicuous too compared to the old door which had a HUGE "33" placard on it, making it exceedingly obvious what was inside. That was actually a lot of the reason for the renovation... members wanted the entranced moved.

I don't see the appeal in this at all. Walt's original Club 33, yes. These new cash grabs, no.

This is for the same crowd that drives hyper expensive cars. Conspicuous consumption. Make sure that others know how much money you can waste.

When I was in Disneyland this summer, I was just walking around the New Orleans Square courtyard taking in the atmosphere (while admittedly taking peeks at Club 33) and then a man dressed very nicely came up and looked at me and said "Do you know what this is?" as I was sitting close to the Club 33 door. I said yes. We actually had a decent conversation before that though, He told me his name and whatnot. Then he casually rang the doorbell for Club 33 and there was a CM anxiously waiting for him that popped out right away and seemed like he was a regular at the club. His last words to me were "I'll wave to you from up there".

I didn't know if he was being a meanie or if he just knew I was someone interested and he wanted to make me happy in some way. Either way, within minutes I saw him up there waving down.